Ciro Ferrara (17 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
If the Ciro fired weeks ago but still coaching because of no alternatives bit is true then a temp/interim coach option is out the window since I'd think Gentile or Zaccheroni would already be here. They must be working on something BIG like Guus or Rafa, Right? bah!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
If the Ciro fired weeks ago but still coaching because of no alternatives bit is true then a temp/interim coach option is out the window since I'd think Gentile or Zaccheroni would already be here. They must be working on something BIG like Guus or Rafa, Right? bah!
You're a homo cock tease.:D

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
No, did you honestly think our board can sign Guus, Zoff, or Rafa? Its just a bunch of idiots huddled up in a board room talking about tennis, and after a while Bettega became hungry so he cooked some macaroni for himself and Blanc & Secco immediately thought of Zaccheroni and wanted him to replace Ciro.

I bet that's how that came up of the idea of Zacch, 100% that's what happened.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
No, they just don't want the be the guys who fired 3 coaches in 3 years.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Those investors won't do squat! No different to politicians that tell you all the things you want to hear.They really have to give huge guarantee's on their intended investments & what their particular long term plans are.Other than that it's all talk & bs.
I'm pretty sure they are only promoting themselves AND mainly "trolling" us, they see a good opportunity and pound. That medical team bit is defenitely troll material.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
@weedguru:

i think you are being a bit rude to amauri .. he actually never was a poacher and if we use him as one than its more our fault than amauris.

he is more a creative striker who lives from his dynamic movement and not a inzaghi/trezeguet style static poacher who hides until he scores a goal .... a benefit of amauri is, he CAN hold the ball up and wait for reinforcement what a traditional poacher like trez or inzaghi does not that well due to their inferior body strength, but when we have exactly two people running forward to aid the attack (diego and caceres) than its clear that his ability to hold up the ball will only make him lose his stamina because he has to hold off two defenders and wait much more time, because the options to pass back are very rare.

and you all know what happens when you are low on stamina ... you will fuck up even easier task, because the concentration lacks and the muscles will not do what your head thinks they will do
I never suggested he was a poacher. I am basing my view of Amauri on what i have seen him miss...so many chances. I don't expect him to score 20 goals per season, but when he is front of goal, with only the keeper to beat, poacher or not, a decent striker puts chances in the net. And he has failed to do so, for a very long time, i mean on a consistent basis.

I hope and almost allow myself to agree with you, Mark...regarding the lack of an interim coach, which would be possible NOW. It suggests that something much bigger is underway OR that the board are even more incompetent than any of us have allowed ourselves to believe...

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
I never suggested he was a poacher. I am basing my view of Amauri on what i have seen him miss...so many chances. I don't expect him to score 20 goals per season, but when he is front of goal, with only the keeper to beat, poacher or not, a decent striker puts chances in the net. And he has failed to do so, for a very long time, i mean on a consistent basis.
while that might be true, those one-on-one situations are in fact just one facet of a striker. amauri may not be good at this, but he is better in other regards...

you might get some inzaghi who would score on one-on-ones but then fail at more difficult things like scoring headers or getting a shot on target while heavily marked.

in theory i think amauri is a good striker for us, because his strength (headers and shooting while marked) can be exploited much more easy by us then if we had a striker that would only score on one-on-ones.

i think you will agree that it is more difficult to get a striker into a position/situation where he is clear on goal and has such one-on-one situations against the keeper than to put a decent cross into the box or play the ball to him while he is marked...

the problem here is, that most of our chances are not really something that resulted due to a game plan and so when we accidentely have the those one-on-ones amauri will not only be surprised, but also played to some facet of the game that is not his strength.

with gio and diego we have to players that are able to make those through balls that can result in a one-on-one situation and i agree that there we might use trezeguet and in front of all alex better because they are strong on those situations ... but these situations can only arise when there is space behind the opponents defense to play into .... this is more often lately because the teams we face do give a shit about our name and attack us at will thus leaving space behind the defense.

when you remember back in the days under ranieri, where amauri excelled and showed his best the opponents had a different attitude towards us. they did NOT attack at will, but put 9 men in their own box and just defend. that is, where amauri is better because he can use his physical and aerial advantage in crowded penalty boxes while on the other hand there is NO space behind the defense to play into. here amauris strength was very handy because you can put 10 men in the box but if amauri overjumps his markers they can do shit ... same with the shooting while marked ... amauri can use his body to withstand attacks from other players better than our other strikers so he had the natural advantage of holding off the player while receiving the ball, making a few steps and shooting with his second touch of ball.

you see i do not blame it solely on amauri that he "sucks" for us lately but on the circumstances and the way we create chances.

I hope and almost allow myself to agree with you, Mark...regarding the lack of an interim coach, which would be possible NOW. It suggests that something much bigger is underway OR that the board are even more incompetent than any of us have allowed ourselves to believe...
lets hold/press our thumbs (german saying) for something big

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
Why all this Zaccheroni talk?

If they were going to appoint him then they would have done it already. Even this management wouldn't be stupid enough to delay the arrival of somebody who is already available???

I just with all this crap would just end...

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
FUCK YOU CIRO, YUO OF PIECE OF SHIT. I used to say in recent weeks that he still a legend as a player and I should not forget what he did to us, but not anymore. I lost respect to him as a person, because he doesn't respect himself and have no balls to admit that this coaching job is not for him and should just resign. Have some fucking dignity and resign

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)