Ciro Ferrara (17 Viewers)

Diego

Aug 30, 2005
I know its from Goal but it seems they are quoting Tuttosport

Meleam Group Plan To Buy A Major Stake In Juventus & Make Major Changes - Report

Juventus have become an investment target for Italian medical securities company Meleam who are ready to make a direct bid to buy a stake in the club and join forces with patron John Elkann.

As part of the investment strategy, Meleam, who tried and failed to take over Bari, and more recently Siena, will make major changes at the club, starting with the board structure. Tuttosport claims the company are ready to table an offer as they try to enter the world of football and expand their horizons.

Meleam's lawyer and representative Raffaele Di Monda has emphasised the interest and he has highlighted some of the plans. The board of directors would undergo some changes and further down the line coaching and team staff will also see a rejig.

"We want to show that it's possible to become good investors and excellent directors as well as bring in a management team that knows about football," he told Tuttosport.

"This is not the case with Juventus. [Jean-Claude] Blanc has never been involved with football before and [Renzo] Castagnini has not been able to bring in talent.

"We will have all the right names ready for all the roles. I like [Parma director] Pietro Leonardi and as a coach Marco Giampaolo is one of the best around. Juventus trusted a good person in Ciro Ferrara as coach, but to get back to their best a more qualified structure would be needed.

"Our project would be to side with the Elkann's. The value of Juve's players has dropped by 60 per cent compared to the past. Look at Amauri and Felipe Melo for example. Amauri cost around €23 million, but now he is worth around €10m.

"As part of our project we will also bring in a highly qualified medical team who are experts in the prevention of injuries."

Buy on AliExpress.com

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Ciro's going to win both next games and secure his place guys. Thats what they are waiting for, a good result for Ciro so they don't have to fire the coach.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Why are we considering Zaccheroni? The only achievement was the title in 1999 with Milan because we decided not to compete that season. He failed at Lazio and although did manage to get inter to the CL he failed to do anything else.

I am not a big fan of him, but you guys might have insights that I don't.

Dino Zoff, although not the brightest career in the world, at least he got the UEFA Cup and Coppa italia with us and with the national team he wasn't really bad. he got the team to the final of Euro 2000 and lost to an excellent France team.

Eriksson, is a decent coach who has achieved/won few trophies and has worked in building teams in the past. So he might be a decent choice for us.

Hiddink: Is the quicky-man. Your getaway driver when you are in trouble.

When we hired Ranieri it wasn't a bad call at all to tell say the truth. An experienced coach who is familiar with building teams. Might not be a "winning coach" but he did build a number of teams that later on turned into great teams by others e.g. Chelsea and Valencia. More over he did win a few trophies (maybe meaningless) with Fiorentina and Valencia.

I think at the moment we need someone like Eriksson. Someone who can build and win at the same time. And we need to stick with that coach for at least 2 years.

YasoR17

Mirkofan #1
Jul 4, 2008

Meleam Group Plan To Buy A Major Stake In Juventus & Make Major Changes - Report

Juventus have become an investment target for Italian medical securities company Meleam who are ready to make a direct bid to buy a stake in the club and join forces with patron John Elkann.

As part of the investment strategy, Meleam, who tried and failed to take over Bari, and more recently Siena, will make major changes at the club, starting with the board structure. Tuttosport claims the company are ready to table an offer as they try to enter the world of football and expand their horizons.

Meleam's lawyer and representative Raffaele Di Monda has emphasised the interest and he has highlighted some of the plans. The board of directors would undergo some changes and further down the line coaching and team staff will also see a rejig.

"We want to show that it's possible to become good investors and excellent directors as well as bring in a management team that knows about football," he told Tuttosport.

"This is not the case with Juventus. [Jean-Claude] Blanc has never been involved with football before and [Renzo] Castagnini has not been able to bring in talent.

"We will have all the right names ready for all the roles. I like [Parma director] Pietro Leonardi and as a coach Marco Giampaolo is one of the best around. Juventus trusted a good person in Ciro Ferrara as coach, but to get back to their best a more qualified structure would be needed.

"Our project would be to side with the Elkann's. The value of Juve's players has dropped by 60 per cent compared to the past. Look at Amauri and Felipe Melo for example. Amauri cost around €23 million, but now he is worth around €10m.

"As part of our project we will also bring in a highly qualified medical team who are experts in the prevention of injuries."
:lol:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

The two bolded sections really boil my blood.

:pissedthefuckoff:

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Ciro's going to win both next games and secure his place guys. Thats what they are waiting for, a good result for Ciro so they don't have to fire the coach.
so if he wins the matches that he wants why he can't win the whole season?? man we won't win this 2 matches at least we will lose one and get a draw in the other.. Ciro is hopeless and a weak tactician and most of the players are injured, he can't do it end of story.

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
Well...its not as astounding as the lack of choices in coaches that would be good enough to take us to a new level.
we can only hope that there ISN'T a lack but that we are actually thinking this through in order to make the right decision to lead us to the glory land!

right? right? :shifty:

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Those potential investors are spot on regarding the loss of value of our assets. Though Amauri would likely be worth less than 10m, closer to 5/6 I reckon...His reputation was decent enough whilst at Palermo, but not many clubs would be willing to fork out big money for a striker who cant score goals...watching him against roma, simply confirmed my opinion that he is useless, and much of our woes have stemmed from his ineptitude as a striker. Wicked with wingers perhaps, but not with balls played to him along the grass...

Who are we up to now? with our new manager plans??
Erikson would be fine for me, my second choice after Guus...

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
The silence is very annoying! Hopefully there is silence because the board is taking their time and actually making an informed, well thought through decision

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
@weedguru:

i think you are being a bit rude to amauri .. he actually never was a poacher and if we use him as one than its more our fault than amauris.

he is more a creative striker who lives from his dynamic movement and not a inzaghi/trezeguet style static poacher who hides until he scores a goal .... a benefit of amauri is, he CAN hold the ball up and wait for reinforcement what a traditional poacher like trez or inzaghi does not that well due to their inferior body strength, but when we have exactly two people running forward to aid the attack (diego and caceres) than its clear that his ability to hold up the ball will only make him lose his stamina because he has to hold off two defenders and wait much more time, because the options to pass back are very rare.

and you all know what happens when you are low on stamina ... you will fuck up even easier task, because the concentration lacks and the muscles will not do what your head thinks they will do

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Those investors won't do squat! No different to politicians that tell you all the things you want to hear.They really have to give huge guarantee's on their intended investments & what their particular long term plans are.Other than that it's all talk & bs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)