Ciro Ferrara (25 Viewers)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Roma just ruin Maldini's party?
you guys keep referring to one game against Manchester but all the games he has won with great football you forget because that doesn't suit your point
if you want to compare coaches then just look at the stats because we don't know any of them personally
and the stats say
Spalletti> Prandelli> Conte> Ferrara
you guys think Ferrara is the best coach for us?
based on what? two games? his Juve past as a player?
maybe he is a good coach but there is no way we can tell
the board and players know him personally, they l know all of them
we can only hope they make the right decision
you are being naiive... here's some of the results this year where Roma has lost by more than 2 goals...
Roma 0 - 4 Inter
Atalanta 3 - 0 Roma
Roma 1 - 4 Juventus
Fiorentina 4 - 1 Roma

when was the last time Juventus lose a match by a margin of more than 2 goals? go figure..

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Ferrara farewell to the blue.
Juventus chose him.

For a twist of fate Ciro Ferrara and Luciano Spalletti have spent the whole afternoon to Castiglion Fiorentino, where the tournament was played in memory of the boys drowned Juve two years ago in the bathtub of the sports center of Vinovo. A random contact between two candidates who aspire to the bench and on the Bianconeri rivalries have also joked, although their race came to the last meter and Spalletti will not be provided to win. The choice in fact fall on Ferrara, a man of society, the protagonist of the last two victories have straightened the league Juventus fan. Remains standing only a doubt: a Ciro wonder if the feeling just to take in hand the team without much experience behind them. If you have fear of burning, switch to another candidate.

But, as we know Ferrara, it is easier to deny the sea, who loves a lot, rather than waste the proposal. The decision comes from the highest levels of the club. Spalletti had good sponsors, spoke with management bianconero as it did last year with Chelsea. From Rome say that the only momentary and impediments to its engagement would be the excessive number of employees (six, at a cost of over 2 million gross) and the fact that Rosella Sensi intends bound to the contract with Roma. Sure, they are barriers, especially of a financial nature, but not decisive. In reality there is a strong group and internal rejects Juve that Spalletti for more strategic reasons. It is believed that the coach from jackets wringing has exhausted the impetus that led to work well all'Udinese and Rome but that has not accompanied the last season.

The preference is to accept that emerging coaches to work with a staff of less expensive and previously by the company, those people who do not the agenda of the market and demonstrates a "hunger" that contraddistinse Lippi, when he arrived in'94 with the ambition to establish itself in the big football. Blanc in the dossier were Allegri, Giampaolo, in the last few hours had appeared well Ballardini, but the choice has focused on Ferrara, who is the most pleasing to the property. Cyrus is at the crossroads of the most intriguing when he stopped by the football played. Last night was Coverciano where this morning will begin working with the staff of the national team for the Confederation Cup It could be a stay of a few hours or a couple of days at most. Then come back to Turin to meet Blanc, its willingness to give him and close this chapter of the restructuring Juventus fan.

Note: Not sure if it makes much sense as its translated by goog.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
then get Ranieri back
naive?
you guys just want to ignore the fact Roma have been crap for much longer
I remember last year they were called the best footballing team in Europe
every one admired their style of play and now everybody thinks they are the worst?
don't you remember what team he had to field against us?
how quick you forget

sidd

Sep 1, 2005

Its from La stampa

Basically means that Ferrara is in pole postion, cause of Spaletti`s support staff demands, also internally some of the board member`s feel he`s lost some of his form coaching in the last season or so.

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
then get Ranieri back
naive?
you guys just want to ignore the fact Roma have been crap for much longer
I remember last year they were called the best footballing team in Europe
every one admired their style of play and now everybody thinks they are the worst?
don't you remember what team he had to field against us?
how quick you forget
I don't care our style of play, I seriously dont.. three years without a trophy will be unacceptable for any Juve fan even if we play 'beautiful football'...
Forget about the game against us, what about the rest? do you forget that we had been ravaged by injury too? and that there was one match when we couldn't get 15 players to make the squad? were we decimated? No. We lost, but we were never humiliated... Roma has been, and on so many occasions that its scary...
The thing is when the going gets tough on the pitch, Spalletti seems more lost than Ranieri in the woods... There's no doubt that he's an excellent tactician... He built the Roma team and made took them to second place... So did Ranieri with Chelsea... Ranieri didn't work for us and there are more chances of Spalletti repeating the same thing than not...

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
I can live with Ferrara but it's a bigger gamble then with Spalletti of Prandelli
I can live with Spalletti too, if he becomes our coach then you wouldn't see me screaming Spoiletti* or "death to Spalletti" :D Until then I'll oppose the move :)

*Courtesy Eℓvin :D

David01

Aug 20, 2006
I only want a more seasoned coach, don't like the idea of a rookie as the man to get us back on top
they are not all Guardiola
but this one point I would love to be wrong on

matchyg

Jul 4, 2008
I like Ciro, it makes sense to hire him as he is immersed with the Juve Identity. Build on the strength of defence. Spalletti's, style is attacking he doesn't care about defence, he'll to bring a completely new identity with him.

BTW how do I pronouce Ciro in Italian?

bianconeri1897

Il Protagonista
May 22, 2008
I really hope Ciro gets the job. I dont want Spalletti then its only one choice FERRARA. I think he has the right mentality to lead Juventus. You all saw that he gets the team with him. Ciro knows the "Stilo Juve" what it means to play for a club like Juve.

CIRO FOR PRESIDENT!

David01

Aug 20, 2006
I really hope Ciro gets the job. I dont want Spalletti den its only one choice FERRARA. I think he has the right mentality to lead Juventus.
and how would you know what mentality he has?
based on his coaching career of two games?
you're only hoping for a new Guardiola at Juve
that's a big gamble you are taking here

bianconeri1897

Il Protagonista
May 22, 2008
No I dont really based that of two games. You all saw that Juve had a different attitude and he got the players back on track. Even after the Lazio gamle Marchisio,Nedved and Buffon gave Ciro a hug you can see that its now harmony when Ciro was in charge. I agree with you that its a big gamble but what options do we really have ? Mancini ? Hell no! Prandelli aint going from Viola, Gasperini extended the contract with Genoa. Spalletti ? I dont think so. I want to give it a try, before Ciro i wanted Conte but now that also he has extended with Bari and i think Ferrara started something good i really think he should get at least a fair chance. After all it was he that brought Juve back from the "shit".

Grande Ciro!

Mar 28, 2007
No I dont really based that of two games. You all saw that Juve had a different attitude and he got the players back on track. Even after the Lazio gamle Marchisio,Nedved and Buffon gave Ciro a hug you can see that its now harmony when Ciro was in charge. I agree with you that its a big gamble but what options do we really have ? Mancini ? Hell no! Prandelli aint going from Viola, Gasperini extended the contract with Genoa. Spalletti ? I dont think so. I want to give it a try, before Ciro i wanted Conte but now that also he has extended with Bari and i think Ferrara started something good i really think he should get at least a fair chance. After all it was he that brought Juve back from the "shit".

Grande Ciro!
agreed. and its ciro that bring the best out of marchisio.. and if you can see the game between lazio... ferrara was playing mind game with rossi... first, he sub-ed amauri for zanetti(playing 4-3-3) then change giovinco for iaquinta(to 4-4-2) bringing nedved to CM.. after that what he do again? he changed nedved for tiago.. he's a tactician.... and no goal conceded for the 2 games... bring in ferrara! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)