Ciro Ferrara, an other year with Juve. (1 Viewer)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
Nina I'm not blinded by my 'love' of Montero at all. I realise he's not been great this year. To me, this signals a step backwards, a cop-out by Moggi. A signal of his intention not to bring through younger talent into the fold.

Any Juve fan will tell you we need the likes of Chivu, Mexes or Bonera to come in, I just hope moggi realises this..
The 1-year extantion was IMO a step of appreciation of Juve for all that Ciro has done. It would be a crime to let him go if he's still able to play and would have to look for a new club. This does not mean that we are not getting a new defender which we all want :)

You have to think with your heart sometimes, not just with your head and wallet.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++

You have to think with your heart sometimes, not just with your head and wallet.
that could be a bit hard in tom's case! :D:D:D

just kidding dude!! nothing personal

Jul 12, 2002
Didn't we have a convo about this before? Either way, I couldn't disagree more.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002

The 1-year extantion was IMO a step of appreciation of Juve for all that Ciro has done. It would be a crime to let him go if he's still able to play and would have to look for a new club. This does not mean that we are not getting a new defender which we all want :)

by offering a new contract to ferrara i do not think juve are merely showing their appreciation.ferrara has been excellent this season and i do not see reason to let him go.if he has played terrible i don't think juve would keep him as a player.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
by offering a new contract to ferrara i do not think juve are merely showing their appreciation.ferrara has been excellent this season and i do not see reason to let him go.if he has played terrible i don't think juve would keep him as a player.
No team in their right mind lets their best defender go on a Bosman.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Didn't we have a convo about this before? Either way, I couldn't disagree more.
I could understand why, and where your coming from, but I think the thing with what she says is its vague and not put in a context.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++
I could understand why, and where your coming from, but I think the thing with what she says is its vague and not put in a context.
Nah, Nina and I talked 'bout this before, it's really all 'bout oppurtunity cost, and you must always evaluate in terms of cost, not sentimentality. That would be a road to failure.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Welcome to the forum Maiya :)

Nah, Nina and I talked 'bout this before, it's really all 'bout oppurtunity cost, and you must always evaluate in terms of cost, not sentimentality. That would be a road to failure.
:wallbang::wallbang::wallbang: I'm soo grateful that you and your 6 figure wallet are mileS away from Juve!!!

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Ian, do you really reject any kind of sentimental attachments in this context?
It depends on what you mean by sentiment. I think that Ferrara is our best central defender right now, and thus he should not be sold or let go, but if he were too old to function or was permanently out of form (like Montero seems to be), then I'd have no qualms about selling him or dumping him on the street. The same goes for Van der Sar or Del Piero.

OP
mate

mate

Aug 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #39
    It depends on what you mean by sentiment. I think that Ferrara is our best central defender right now, and thus he should not be sold or let go, but if he were too old to function or was permanently out of form (like Montero seems to be), then I'd have no qualms about selling him or dumping him on the street. The same goes for Van der Sar or Del Piero.
    Ciro is one of my "favourite" Juve players but I think that to keep him 4 one more year it's the right thing exately 4 those reasons, indipendly of the "sentiments". We need some young defenders, but he was the best central defender this season and he will be useful also next one to help them with his experience too.

Anycase it's true, when a player is not able to give what a team require, to separete is the best thing 4 everybody, maybe not right after the first problem, but if the situation go on 4 long, yes!

Montero looks to be in a crisis, but I'm not sure that he is "finisced" maybe he is just in a dark moment like can happen to everybody. Who is really to dump 100% is Juliano.

Jul 12, 2002
    No, Iuliano is not completely useless. Unless we have a replacement that is better, or at least more consistent, then Iuliano mus tbe kept.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)