What do you think?

• Hip

• Lame

Results are only viewable after voting.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
:tup:

It's dumb as fuck.

And if there was a God, how dumb is He for providing us with something He wants us to cut off?
So that he could select a favorite tribe so they could cut it off in order to show off that they are from gods selected tribe, at least this is what i read in bible.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You can only assume there is a God, if you assume that he's a giant asshole. I mean:

1) He's still mad because of that damn apple.
2) He constantly wants to test us and he'll do everything in his power to make life more difficult.
3) If your life sucked and you weren't happy about it sucking, the afterlife will suck as well. You're supposed to suffer with a smile.
4) He creates utter chaos by letting people invent other religions. It's impossible to know what you have to do to get to heaven, it's all a game of chance really. So once again, you might be fucked.
5) He wants us to mutilate our genitals.

Sounds more like The Joker to me.

Jun 13, 2007
Im afraid i cant answer you this, because i lack knowledge to answer you this question in english and on the subject itself.

No hard feelings alright? :p
No problem.
What? How ? Why ? When?
It's not very difficult. You are arguing that subjective morality is correct but subjective morality suggests that nothing is objectively correct thus the entire premise of your argument fails. You are arguing that subjective morality is 'right' but subjective morality suggests there is no real 'right'.

How can I thus take your argument seriously? It is entirely contradictory in its own essence.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
i think any kind of physical alteration whether it being material like covering oneself or mutilation, ink, etc.. are primitive, moronic and digusting.

i'm gonna say that Seven summed it up rather nicely in his last post

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
i think any kind of physical alteration whether it being material like covering oneself or mutilation, ink, etc.. are primitive, moronic and digusting.

i'm gonna say that Seven summed it up rather nicely in his last post
Agreed.

Jun 26, 2007
That is really well written. Not performed that great but the writing in inspired.

This totally belongs in the "making fun of religion" thread though :D
Never noticed that thread.

Funny you say that because he's by far my favorite stage performer. I guess he needs getting used to performing in English.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #254
    Never noticed that thread.

Funny you say that because he's by far my favorite stage performer. I guess he needs getting used to performing in English.
    It's hard enough being a decent comedian in your own language. And it's an art that doesn't translate at all. So just the fact that he can pull an English audience means he's doing something right.

But this illustrates exactly what we talked about in some other thread the other day. When this guy speaks English sometimes you can sense it's a physical effort to him. :D

Jun 26, 2007
    Truely awful.

I cringed, it was that bad.
    Fair enough.

It's hard enough being a decent comedian in your own language. And it's an art that doesn't translate at all. So just the fact that he can pull an English audience means he's doing something right.

But this illustrates exactly what we talked about in some other thread the other day. When this guy speaks English sometimes you can sense it's a physical effort to him. :D
    He definitely sounds more natural in Dutch, and even the Dutch audience needed some time to get used to his style at first. But I believe he has enough raw talent to win over the English crowd too if he puts his mind to it.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    I'm very late to this party, so I may be accidentally dragging this back on topic.

I find foreskin amputation* a strange practice. The health benefits are overstated, while the drawbacks are only just being studied. I've read one study which found that children who have been circumcised exhibit more pain during vaccinations - how fucked up is that? Other studies have found that the loss of sensation circumcised men suffer means that they are more forceful during sex to compensate. No big deal right? Well, their partners often suffer from vaginal dryness as a result.

Oh, and about the appendix comparisons, just because we don't really know what the appendix does doesn't mean it doesn't have a function:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21153898/

*I call it this because it strips it of the social connotations, reducing bias. I similarly eschew pro-life and pro-choice and many similar words as muddling the issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)