Chxta's Space (6 Viewers)

OP
Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #21
    The Super Eagles will not confront strong opposition in Oran, Algeria, on Sunday. My anticipated low turnout of spectators at the match will reflect the level of inspiration both teams command in the continent at the moment, particularly the Algerians. The hosts are ripe for the picking; they have nothing to lose but pride from this match. If ever there was a time they are most vulnerable this must be it. They have a young team that have failed to grow as a result of an out-dated national team development strategy. The effect of using the Algerian domestic league to build the foundation of the national team has not matched the influence of exposure to foreign leagues that many other more successful African teams have adopted as their route to development. Whereas Algerian clubs have remained consistently close to the top in African club football, not so their national team. Perhaps that explains why Algeria have stopped being a major African force in global football and are really not in contention for a place in the group qualifiers for Germany 2006.

The only real source of motivation that I see for the Algerians tomorrow is their pride that would be dented should the Super Eagles break the jinx (or record) of their invincibility at home in the history of matches between both countries. Otherwise, I foresee a drab match that could easily end in a draw. But even a draw might still be good enough to take the Eagles to Germany 2006 if my present thinking is anything to go by. It is also not entirely impossible that these Eagles do the impossible and beat Algeria in Oran to create history and become the first Nigerian national team to do so.

Nigeria, even at its weakest now, remains an outside contender. In my usual “reckless” optimism, I choose to still hold on to this thin thread of hope. My feelings are that the Angolans are in for a real shock. The team that will go to the World Cup will emerge only after the last round of matches and I still see Nigeria, believe it or no, being it!

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #22
    This research was done cause of an argument at work. But I still think the boy's a twat...

The matter before us is whether FIFA has the moral right to ban John Mikel Obi if he has contemplated going back to Lyn Oslo at a time of his own chosen? From all the facts I have been made aware and my knowledge based on this issue I make bold to write that FIFA does not have any MORAL RIGHT to BAN him and they would not want to go that way because it could likely lead to another Bosman type ruling in the natural court. The stated points below and relevant regulations reproduced below would give credence to my stand on this issue. I have not given all but given enough information for people here to understand my line of arguement.

1) The Employment contract that was signed by Mikel Obi and the Norwegian Club Lyn Oslo was executed in error since the relevant FIFA statutes and regulations were incorrectly applied. A pertinent question you may want to ask is the process Lyn Oslo took in having the ITC of a Non-Amateur player previously registered as a professional player in the Nigeria Premier League? Please see below Art 28 of the Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players. Please note that contractual error do always occur in the in the Scandinavian region. A very vital case is an African player that a Danish top club got a work permit for to play in the League. When another club requested that a work permit be issued to their South American player who is of similar age to the African, precisely 16 years old, was denied a work permit. The club protested and made reference to the African player with the other club and the resultant result was revocation of the permit earlier given to the African player. The premise here is that error can be allowed if not brought to the fore.
    2) There was already a dispute between Obi and Lyn Oslo before the U-20 WYC and very wrong for Lyn Oslo to make any meaningful pronouncement as to enforcing the return of the player after the tournament ended. If you recall there were comments made by the officials of Lyn Oslo and one such comments made was that JMO was under threat.
    3) Lyn Oslo concluded a contract with the player and his advisor(s) and the same Lyn Oslo a few days after requested the club personal attorney to annul the contract the player had with his advisor. By so doing Lyn Oslo breached the tenet of FIFA Statutes and regulations it was agreed to uphold.
    4) Lyn Oslo postulated to the Dispute Resolution Chamber (DPR) that the player had visa and work permit which on the basis the decision was reached. It is now a common knowledge that was not exactly the case.
    5) The decision reached by DPR was not personally conveyed to the player himself and as such the player alone can only testify to FIFA if he has actually received the document.

Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players
    Art 2
    1 Players who have never received any remuneration other than reimbursement
    of their actual expenses incurred during the course of their participation in any activity connected with association football are regarded as amateur.
    2 Travel and hotel expenses incurred through involvement in a match and the
    costs of a player’s equipment, insurance and training may be reimbursed without
    jeopardising a player’s amateur status.
    3 Any player who has ever received remuneration in excess of the expenses and
    costs described in par. 2 of this article in respect of participation in an activity connected with association football shall be regarded as non-amateur unless he has
    reacquired amateur status under the terms of Art. 26 par.1 below.

Art. 5
    3 National associations can only register players coming from another association
    subsequent to the receipt of
    (i) a certificate of transfer of registration from that
    other association (hereunder referred to as the “international registration transfer
    certificate”) and
    (ii), in the case of a non-amateur, a copy of the player’s contract with his new club

Art. 6
    1 An amateur or non-amateur player who has become eligible to play for a club
    affiliated to a national association may not be registered with a club affiliated to
    another national association unless the latter has received an international registration
    transfer certificate issued by the national association which the player wishes
    to leave.
    2 A national association may only request an international registration transfer
    certificate from the national association which the player wishes to leave if the
    club which the player wishes to join submits its request for registration in a timely
    manner, i.e., during a registration period fixed by the national association which is
    to request the certificate.
    3 Upon receiving the request, the national association of the former club shall
    immediately request that club and the player to confirm whether the contract has
    expired, whether early termination was mutually agreed, or whether a contractual
    dispute exists.
    4 A national association shall produce an international registration transfer certificate
    within 7 days of a demand from another national association, while simultaneously
    sending a copy to the FIFA general secretariat.

Art. 12
    1 International transfers of players under the age of 18 shall only be permitted
    (a) as a general rule, when the family of the player moves to the country in which
    the new club is located for reasons that are not linked to football
    (b) within the territory of the EU/EEA and in the case of players between the
    minimum working age in the new training club’s country and the age of 18,
    suitable arrangements are guaranteed for their sports training and academic
    education by the new training club. For this purpose a code of conduct
    will be established and enforced by the football authorities.
    2 The same principles apply to the first registration of players under 18 who have
    a nationality other than that of the country in which they first request to be registered.

Art. 26
    1 Any player who has been registered as a non-amateur with a national association
    may not be reclassified as amateur until a period of 30 days has elapsed.
    2 This period shall start as from the day the player competed in his last match
    with the club with which he was registered as a non-amateur.

Art. 28
    1 A non-amateur player who stops playing competitive football shall remain registered as a player at the national association’s club with which he was last employed for a period of 30 months.

Regulations governing the Application of the Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players
    Art. 4
    1 National associations in the EU/EEA shall refuse the registration of players under 18 years of age who are nationals of countries outside the EU/EEA and who are not moving for family reasons under the terms of Chapter VI of the FIFA Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players.

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    good idea actually.. then chxta can channel it all in one place, and if I ever have 3 hours to kill I can start by broadening my mind by reading chxtas arguements

OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #30
    Your mind is pretty expandable Dan. That I can say about you...

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    Well i have a lazyness problem in reality. I would read it if I had the time and the passion to ie its on a subject that piques my interest.

Ive read some of your articles before... but only when the subject interested me. Im sure more people think the same way.. perhaps you should give an overview on what it is all about before you post it. That way I know if im interested in it or not.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Blandest ] ++

I thought she fvcked that guy that bought her the teddy bear?
    Can you add this line 'I am also the upsetter' in your signature?

OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #39
    Many Nigerians, especially those living from hand to mouth will be wondering, if, poverty could be eradicated in the country. The country has been blessed so much by God with enough oil wealth, which can conveniently go round every Nigerian, if, our corrupt and self centered leaders will allow it to go round evenly.

Presently, about 60% of Nigerians live below the poverty level.This is not supposed to be the case, but mismanagement and stealing of public funds by our leaders has pauperised everybody. Poverty has completely spread to a large number of homes in Nigeria.

It will take the special intervention of God to put an end to the grinding poverty in Nigeria today. Most Nigerians have lost faith for a better tomorrow, with many of them taking to crimes to make ends meet. Some have turned to ritual killings to make quick money. Majority of the children have dropped out of regular school due to the poverty in the country. For how long are we going to continue to waste the lives of our innocent children?

In fact, this generation of Nigerians can be regarded as a wasted one and only a collective effort from all Nigerians can put an end to this man-made poverty in Nigeria. All of us should take action to remove or prevent all corrupt leaders from corridors of power henceforth, so that deprived Nigerians could have a sense of belonging. Nigerians should desist from selling their votes to corrupt leaders during elections.

Otherwise, their suffering will never end. I implore Nigerians to join against poverty, brought about by the corrupt tendencies of our past and present leaders.

OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #40
    Doesn't look good for Nigeria.

I wish we had project managers handling our affairs than political clowns.

CCC should have been sacked after the Rwanda draw as that was the match we had to win at all cost and nobody saw the dangers of a mishap in Nigeria. Poor risk evaluation may cost us this ticket.

Only fools waits for damage to be done before reacting.

We have not learnt anything yet and this might be a classic time to re- evaluate how we prepare in the future.

In a competition like this, all matches are important until you cross the winning line. Everyone expected Nigeria to be about 6 points clear of any team in the group by the time these last 2 matches were being played and so we would nave just needed a draw to qualify.

Note that we went to Angola with a depleted team and would have been better going to that match and done better with a top Nigeria club side as the team Nigeria presented was extremely poor and we lost by a lone goal scored in the last 5 mins after a Joseph Yobo blunder.

Angola has worked hard and deserve their position. Nigeria has no organisation, no captain and no team.

Our hope is that our boys win today. If they do not, and lose, it will all be over! Angola will not have to go to Rwanda! We need at least a draw to stop the poping of champaign bottles in Angola!

Hard work is neeeded to achieve and not talents!!!!

Half time.....

Angola 2 - 0 Gabon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)