Chxta's Space (1 Viewer)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
A short profile:

I was born in 1980, May 10 to be precise...

Spent the early part of my life in Sweden (my dad was a visiting professor at the Karolinska Institut), we returned to Nigeria in 1986 after spending 1985 in England. After that me dad took up appointment at the University of Benin and has been there since (occasionally leaving to join up one government committee or the other). Me mama is a lawyer, successful one I might add (hey, I'm proud of me family you know).

I am a twin...

There's 4 of us (siblings and I).

I am going to marry the best girl on the planet...

Wanna know more? PM me. :p

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    Meantime, I want you people to know that a lot of what you see from me is my own take on Nigerian national issues (whenever I copy, I tend to quote the source), so please, bear with me, just that sometimes when I start typing, I get carried away...

OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    I have long believed that the hype surrounding people like the former mayor of NYC was unwarranted. My premise was that it would be harder to fail as a mayor/governor in time of crisis as it would be to excel....and therefore, treating these people like heroes is crap. The real heroes, I thought, were the people on the frontlines.....the police etc.

But having observed in the last week, the chaos in Louisiana, I must say leadership has got a lot to do with it. This Nagin guy and their governor have TOTALLY dropped the ball.....and contrary to what you people may think, the crisis in the city lies at the feet of these 2.....not Bush, not FEMA, not racism or any other useless reason that people propose.....this is a failure of leadership.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Chxta ] ++
    so please, bear with me, just that sometimes when I start typing, I get carried away...
    You do produce a lot of content, but most of the time it's worth reading :)

OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++

You do produce a lot of content, but most of the time it's worth reading :)
    Thanks man ;)

OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by Tifoso Lou ] ++
    Juventino, actually.

Juventini is plural. :)
    Thanks for the correction. Can a mod please correct the title for me?

OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #18
    Though i think the rebels are the bad guys here and need to go, I find itinteresting that they would ask for Nigeria over South Africa (the West's favourite) to mediate in their problems.

Source

COTE D IVOIRE: Rebels reject South Africa as mediators

The rebels have also accused South African President Thabo Mbeki of prioritising the expansion of South African industry in Cote d'Ivoire -- the world's top cocoa grower which was once the economic pride of West Africa -- instead of concentrating on their assigned job of working for peace.

He also criticised Mbeki for turning a blind eye to the Ivorian government's "flagrant abuse" of a UN Security Council arms embargo and appealed to Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo, the current head of the African Union, to intervene.

"We demand that the African Union, and especially AU president Olusegun Obasanjo, take his responsibility and find a new way," said Konate.

The truth of the matter in my opinion is that the South Africans have never really been interested in what happens in the rest of Africa if they can't profit from it. Having said that, OBJ will not miss this opportunity.

Some of his acolytes already call him OBJ of africa. I believe that he fancies himself in the mould of Mandela. However, it does appears that his brusque manner (inherited from his days as a soldier in NA :touched: ) of doing things is actually effective on this continent, while Mandela's own style of being diplomatic was scorned.

I just pray we will not have to commit troops in the event that the conflict escalates, thereby once again condemning our youths to die in a war they know nothing about and has nothing to do with them. This is what we did in Liberia and Sierra Leone (for those who don't know, I was in the Nigerian contigent to Sierra Leone), and what do we have now, those ingrates call us thieves and all other names (I feel for US soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan, been there before).

But be that as it may, I believe that Nigerian intervention (diplomatic) will eventually bring an end to that conflict.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    TBH chxta, either another mod will have to do it, or you'll have to wait until tommorrow. I'm not feeling very well, I have a terrible headache and I simply cant bother to do it now.

I'll try to do it in the morning, or (I hope) another one of the mods will do it.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
    Aug 12, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    TBH chxta, either another mod will have to do it, or you'll have to wait until tommorrow. I'm not feeling very well, I have a terrible headache and I simply cant bother to do it now.

I'll try to do it in the morning, or (I hope) another one of the mods will do it.
    I'm sorry, amico mio:down:

Cold compresses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)