Church of Mozilla has a New Convert (1 Viewer)

OP
mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #21
    He does seem extraordinarily interested in the appearance of his software, doesn't he? I personally just like it to work, keep working, and do everything any similar piece of software does. The old engineering mantra of "if it's not broken, it hasn't got enough features" cuts no ice with me!

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Indeed i do like playing around with my desktop and the like... :D

Maybe i'll give linux a go sometime, i'll probably like it :)

I didn't include the HD available for my other 2 partitions, coz they hardly change (F: = Temp, G: = CD Images)

The text at the bottom scrolls :extatic: SCROLLS!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    I'm LOVING the adblocker, thanks so much!! :star:
    Awesome, ay?

The greatest thing is, it doesn't just leave an empty space, it changes the layout to accomodate for the gap :extatic:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Also, I found that with the mouse gestures, since it's a bit difficult to use normally, turn on the mouse trail.

This just draws a line on the page, and u learn to draw particular shapes e.g. lowercase 'h' for Home page....It's a lot of fun drawing scribbles all over your browser (they erase themselves after the command is entered). I can't describe it, try it yourself. All the doubts you have about human error and all that are well worked around :D

I love this feature, it's got a surprising amount of value beyond the novelty :thumb:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Awesome, ay?

The greatest thing is, it doesn't just leave an empty space, it changes the layout to accomodate for the gap :extatic:
    Holy cow, it does!!!! Reload the page and viola, damn you just made my day even better! :D

OP
    mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #27
    Doesn't it make selecting text difficult? Surely you'd wind up accidently going back a page when you just meant to select a paragraph?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    Doesn't it make selecting text difficult? Surely you'd wind up accidently going back a page when you just meant to select a paragraph?
    That's why you use the middle mouse button, my dear Watson :)

@M: it's the least i can do in return for the initial intro ;)

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    Dude! Mozilla sounds cool-I think I'll get it, even though I haven't had problems with either netscape or IE...I use netscape as my personal browser, so I can go to sites that my parents would get pissed off about...ie Juventuz forums ;) now I'll try Mozilla.............

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    Haha. I downloaded a copy of Mozilla and set it up, however it didnt visit any sites other than mozilla sites. It also said that the version i had was over a month old.

Im guessing its a development version. Anyone got a link to the latest stable version?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
    Haha. I downloaded a copy of Mozilla and set it up, however it didnt visit any sites other than mozilla sites. It also said that the version i had was over a month old.

Im guessing its a development version. Anyone got a link to the latest stable version?
    Well IE is like 2 years old, a month isn't a lot in software. But here's the latest stable build:
    http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.6a/mozilla-win32-1.6a-installer.exe

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++
    and anyone know the best version??? Mozilla, firebird, or camino?
    Camino is for Mac only. Mozilla is the full suite, with a mail client included. Firebird is a cut down version of Mozilla with just the browser, better if you have a slow computer.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Well it was advertised as the latest so what the hell. Besides I've been using 1.6a for several days and there's nothing wrong with it ;)

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    Thanks alot! lol-you really have started a trend here! Everyone is getting it! it better be good! :(:(:(.....;)

this 60 second thing is bloody annoying!! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)