Christian Vieri (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
We better be careful. Inter might sign over Bobo, but we better check his fingerprints to make sure they're not trying to pawn off Nick to wreck our chances next year. ;)

njork10

Jun 30, 2005
"major paycut" i doubt he would agree.I can only see him taking a cut of around 20percent and considering wat hes on thats still very expensive for a player who wont be a regular if trez stays fit

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'm more than willing to sell Trezeguet for 30m but not if Vieri is going to be his replacement. Vieri on a free doesn't seem too bad, but that's until you look at the other possibilities.

First of all, Vieri is hardly a world class striker any more and at 32 he surely isn't one for the future. Secondly, his wages would be a problem and thirdly, there are better, younger strikers out there than Bobo. In conclusion, no thanks.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I aint too sure bout this one. maybe a vieri of say 2years ago but the old and ''battered'' version of today? .......eh Think i'll give it a miss actually.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
I'm more than willing to sell Trezeguet for 30m but not if Vieri is going to be his replacement. Vieri on a free doesn't seem too bad, but that's until you look at the other possibilities.

First of all, Vieri is hardly a world class striker any more and at 32 he surely isn't one for the future. Secondly, his wages would be a problem and thirdly, there are better, younger strikers out there than Bobo . In conclusion, no thanks.
Really Stu,

besides maybe Gila (and thats a maybe), tell me who ????

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by njork10 ] ++
i will rather have an injury prone yet highly effective and professional trezeguet than have vieri who is always moaning when things dont go his way.lets not forget that this can be highly damaging to team morale.
Really ????

Then you better get your tissue box ready to wipe Cassano's eyes when he comes here and doesnt get his way..........

Blind

May 8, 2005
Christian Vieri is today without a club after Inter confirmed that they had mutually agreed to terminate his contract.

The striker’s deal was set to expire in June 2006 but has been rescinded following talks over the last few days.

"Negotiations between the club and the player were friendly at every stage, respecting the needs of either party," read a statement on the club’s website.

All the necessary paperwork was deposited with the Italian Football League on Friday morning.

"Inter would like to thank Christian Vieri for his contribution, over the last six years, to the history of this club," continued the Nerazzurri statement.

"Christian Vieri thanks Inter and the fans for their professional respect for him and affection during the relationship."

No financial details of the settlement have been revealed, but it is believed that the striker was handed around £6m to terminate his contract a year early.

Vieri is now a free agent and is already being linked with Juventus, Milan, Chelsea, Tottenham, CSKA Moscow, Valencia and Atletico Madrid.

channel4.com

Geof

May 14, 2004
do I smell a Cannavaro here?

'Older' player, some say past his best, Inter think he's finished....

Then Juve signs him and he ROCKS!

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
He left Inter due to not having enough playing time ahead of the world cup...i doubt he'd join juve to be a backup.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Well for a backup he is good and we do short of box players so if Vieri accept a regular wage I think it will be a good deal to sign him for free

njork10

Jun 30, 2005
He will still have enough playing time in my opinion considering trez fitness problems....if he does well then am sure he would keep his place but we are not simply going to play him because his name is VIERI

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
But it wouldn't be a good deal for him to leave Inter and it's high wage to come to juve to sit on the bench for a regular wage ;) He's not stupid even though he looks.

Diobaggio

May 5, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Geof ] ++
do I smell a Cannavaro here?

'Older' player, some say past his best, Inter think he's finished....

Then Juve signs him and he ROCKS!
that is EXACTLY what i think. Inter have made another huge mistake lol

Vieri is going to come back to haunt them

njork10

Jun 30, 2005
Think of it this way inter already have adriano who has been more prolific in front of goal than vieri and martins to partner him with cruz and recoba as backup....They dont really need vieri do they

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
Zala's going after handing in that transfer request.
If Chelsea have offered what has been reported offered, then Trezeguet will be shown the door also.
I'm in favour of both moves.
Snapping up Cassano with the money made from Trez will be a breeze, especially when we offer Miccoli in the deal. Then, voila - our strikeforce for next season:

Zlatan, Cassano, Mutu, Del Piero, Vieri

Wowzers.
The main emphasis being Ibra played far too many games this past season, but he was irreplaceable; with Bobo we have an alternative. Not only this, but who will forget Vieri's finish in our 2-2 game at the Meazza - is that the finish of a man who's spent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)