Christian Poulsen (10 Viewers)

Should Poulsen be part of the Juve squad for the 2010/11 season?

• Yes

• No

• Depends on who is signed and what offers are made for Poulsen

Results are only viewable after voting.

Durden

May 11, 2006
Now Blanc decides to add a little more presure.. I just pray for a day without them saying stupid shit..

From football-italia.net

Juve: 'Prove us wrong, Poulsen' Wednesday 12 August, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christian Poulsen is staying at Juventus, but “has to prove we were wrong about him,” says general manager Jean-Claude Blanc.

The club had made it very clear in public that Poulsen was not part of Ciro Ferrara’s plans for this season.

However, after he turned down a series of offers from the Premier League and France, Cristiano Zanetti’s departure towards Fiorentina has changed the situation.

“I am happy, Juve called and told me that with Zanetti leaving I am to be considered a Juventus player,” said the midfielder.

“They are counting on me and I want to prove what I’m really worth.”

That does not mean the Bianconeri are entirely convinced by Poulsen’s quality and he received a stark warning.

“Poulsen is staying with us,” noted general manager Blanc. “Now it’s up to him to prove he was right about his contribution to the team and we were wrong about him.”

Zanetti completed the surprise transfer to Fiorentina this week and has been sniping at director of sport Alessio Secco .

“We cannot give in to a 32-year-old who wants a three-year contract renewal,” insisted Blanc. “We have to look at balancing the books. Fiorentina made him happy.”

Zanetti has denied asking for a three-year deal and says Juventus never had any intention of extending his contract.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I am trying so hard to see what is stupid in this statement:

“Poulsen is staying with us,” noted general manager Blanc. “Now it’s up to him to prove he was right about his contribution to the team and we were wrong about him.”

All I can see there is some motivation and a slight push from the club, admitting that they could have been wrong in selling him. How is that deemed stupid is beyond my brain capacity.

Durden

May 11, 2006
JCK: Do you honestly think that it's a good thing our GM goes out and says this? Does it seem very professional to you? They bought the guy a year ago ffs, he was injured most of the season. Not the best way to support a player staying with us imo.

Lion: It was Blanc not Secco who said it, but great comment... :sergio:

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,496
    I am trying so hard to see what is stupid in this statement:

All I can see there is some motivation and a slight push from the club, admitting that they could have been wrong in selling him. How is that deemed stupid is beyond my brain capacity.
    I think it was a normal response but I guess we are both wrong.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    JCK: Do you honestly think that it's a good thing our GM goes out and says this? Does it seem very professional to you? They bought the guy a year ago ffs, he was injured most of the season. Not the best way to support a player staying with us imo.

Lion: It was Blanc not Secco who said it, but great comment... :sergio:
    What is wrong with that, I am really trying hard to see where did he go wrong but I keep failing.

After the club announced that they want to sell him and many clubs approached him and all the deals failed, the player is staying with us, the least they can do is motivate him by admitting that they might have been wrong.

Durden

May 11, 2006
    Well if they were so wrong about him why the fuck did they buy him? He has been with us for 1 year, injured most of the season btw. He never had a chance and never should have been here in the first place. They should show trust and support him instead of this bs, or at the very least shut the fuck up and not talk and talk all the fuckin time. Tiago has been here 2 seasons and they have tried everything to get rid of him, but I never heard them talk about him like this.

I know some ppl here like our current board and think they are doing a great job, but you have to be a little more objective when they talk shit.

Durden

May 11, 2006
    What is wrong with that, I am really trying hard to see where did he go wrong but I keep failing.

After the club announced that they want to sell him and many clubs approached him and all the deals failed, the player is staying with us, the least they can do is motivate him by admitting that they might have been wrong.
    Fair enough if you see like they are trying to motivate him. I just dont see it like that. In my book he never got a chance here and to me its bad judgement from Blanc. But lets hope you're right and Im wrong on this one.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,500
    I've seen this (key word, even though I still agree with Jack) so many times. He failed to impress but board decided to keep him and stats that he should prove the club wrong and that he's a good player. I just see it as an extra motivation for player. He also said “They are counting on me and I want to prove what I’m really worth.”

I don't see what's the fuss all about.

Similar thing was with Tiago. We were about to sell him, loan out, sell again but he's still here. Ciro himself said he's going to surprise everyone which can be the same thing. Just a motivation, on a different level, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)