Christian Poulsen (4 Viewers)

Should Poulsen be part of the Juve squad for the 2010/11 season?

• Yes

• No

• Depends on who is signed and what offers are made for Poulsen

Results are only viewable after voting.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
poulsen i think has not been given enough chances,and when he plays he usually performs well for juve,so selling him would be a bad decision,especially when we will have to play without Sissoko when he is in Africa,we would only have zanetti who is getting injured plenty now..so sale of tiago & almiron yes,but poulsen no..

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
But, why would Juve accept such a bid? (7mil only)
Our new formation needs him now, more than the 4-4-2 needed him,
when we bought him... It wouldnt make any sense to sell him off now...

If we sell him, there is no chance that we will field the 4-2-3-1.
Our tactical choices will be diminished.
Our squad depth will demand another CM/DM
and we will be forced to overpay for D'ago.

I guess we are desperate to get that overhyped Italian midfielder and dispose of the "stranieri" ones... and since Tiago and the youngsters wont go,
Poulsen is next to the pecking order...

PS rumors have it that Hamburg is also interested on Poulsen and they are willing to concede Marcell Jansen, (yet another LB) as well...

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
No, but our board seem keen on buying all the Italian players they can (even if they are crap a la Grosso and Dossena; thank goodness Zambrotta is not available) so that Lippi can have all his favorites in one team, making it easier for him to observe them prior to a world cup year :shifty:

Apparently, and according to Calciomercato, we were interested in acquiring Cissokho but didn't (and still don't) have the necessary funds to do so, so Milan concluded the deal instead :wallbang:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I really want to know how you came up with that. It's intriguing.
We have three players there for two positions, and all three of them were injured last season (sissoko and zanetti both for months, marchisio twice if i remember right). It probably won't work with Tiago, Camo or Brazzo playing there, actually i doubt it would work with Marchisio - Zanetti.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Is he the last CM in the world?
I m wondering the same for the past 3 weeks...
I really want to know how you came up with that. It's intriguing.
Because this formation needs 3 AMFs (which, we have and some decent depth, Diego, Camo, Giovinco, as starters
and Tiago/Almiron as CAM, possibly Dago, the assist maker, too
Marchionni, Iaquinta and Salih can also play as R.AMFs,
and DP if fit enough to make a LSS/LAMF job (doubt that at this age, but still an option)!

And 2 Bulldogs to cover up for them, we have one bulldog (Sissoko) hopefully CZ will be fit enough and not old enough to be a reserve for that role.
And we can now use Poulsen (though i dont really see him solid enough for that role, he is the closest we have for that position.)
Taking Poulsen out, we are left with no reliable solution for the use of this formation.

CMs, like Dago can play there, but are not fit for that job, as they are equally equipped for defensive and offensive job, they are no specialized to offer optimal defensive coverage. The offensive characteristics are wasted and their defensive characteristics might meet their limits and in extreme situations, might not cope...
(esp if they have to support a weak defense, like ours, that was the bane of Tiago)
The overall defensive weakness will be greatly affected and the slight offensive boost, is insignificant, considering the 3 AMFs upfront, who are better skilled and in a natural position to offer more there.

Poulsen, as the DM who can pass, would really fit in that formation,
he could offer the defensive solidarity (on theory) and work as one of the links, between the defensive and offensive part of our midfield... (less important though, as any of the 3 AMFs can do that.)

But that wont be a problem to our current formation, which only needs 1 starter DM and 2 CMs besides him. In this formation a player like Poulsen can claim 3 positions and add some significant depth! His versatility allows to field a 4-2-3-1,
but the rest of our CMs cannot be used as DM, losing that card, means that we are losing that option too!!

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Poulsen showed some good range passing during his time with us, he isn't really as bad so far as Tiago. But nonetheless an upgrade in D'agostino would be welcomed.

I wouldn't mind Poulsen staying, but with the right offer, I wouldn't mind him leaving either. If we sold him for the same price we got him, I would be ok.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
No, but our board seem keen on buying all the Italian players they can (even if they are crap a la Grosso and Dossena; thank goodness Zambrotta is not available) so that Lippi can have all his favorites in one team, making it easier for him to observe them prior to a world cup year :shifty:

Apparently, and according to Calciomercato, we were interested in acquiring Cissokho but didn't (and still don't) have the necessary funds to do so, so Milan concluded the deal instead :wallbang:
:agree:

I hate how board is willing to buy Italians even if they are crippled.

FFS we need quality not Italianity.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I m wondering the same for the past 3 weeks...

Because this formation needs 3 AMFs (which, we have and some decent depth, Diego, Camo, Giovinco, as starters
and Tiago/Almiron as CAM, possibly Dago, the assist maker, too
Marchionni, Iaquinta and Salih can also play as R.AMFs,
and DP if fit enough to make a LSS/LAMF job (doubt that at this age, but still an option)!

And 2 Bulldogs to cover up for them, we have one bulldog (Sissoko) hopefully CZ will be fit enough and not old enough to be a reserve for that role.
And we can now use Poulsen (though i dont really see him solid enough for that role, he is the closest we have for that position.)
Taking Poulsen out, we are left with no reliable solution for the use of this formation.

CMs, like Dago can play there, but are not fit for that job, as they are equally equipped for defensive and offensive job, they are no specialized to offer optimal defensive coverage. The offensive characteristics are wasted and their defensive characteristics might meet their limits and in extreme situations, might not cope...
(esp if they have to support a weak defense, like ours, that was the bane of Tiago)
The overall defensive weakness will be greatly affected and the slight offensive boost, is insignificant, considering the 3 AMFs upfront, who are better skilled and in a natural position to offer more there.

Poulsen, as the DM who can pass, would really fit in that formation,
he could offer the defensive solidarity (on theory) and work as one of the links, between the defensive and offensive part of our midfield... (less important though, as any of the 3 AMFs can do that.)

But that wont be a problem to our current formation, which only needs 1 starter DM and 2 CMs besides him. In this formation a player like Poulsen can claim 3 positions and add some significant depth! His versatility allows to field a 4-2-3-1,
but the rest of our CMs cannot be used as DM, losing that card, means that we are losing that option too!!
Now comes the million dollar question, did you intentionally leave Marchisio out of your "analysis" or you also "analyzed" him being sold?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)