Christian Poulsen (16 Viewers)

Should Poulsen be part of the Juve squad for the 2010/11 season?

• Yes

• No

• Depends on who is signed and what offers are made for Poulsen

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
i know what you are trying to say but teams that have many men behind the ball won't have a big problem with that.

through balls are wonderful, but when the opponent sits deep there is NO space to play the ball between the backline and the goal ... no space to run into

it is surely much easier to just kick the ball away for a defender, when in the final third of the opponents half every 5 metres there is a defending player...

perhaps i need glasses, but i don't see xabi do magic here ... perhaps you could provide videos where he ever did that against a deep lying defense ... i really guess you won't find one...

assuming that claudio ranieri does know a little more about football than all of us here combined (there will be a reason for him being payed for what he does) and also assuming he did see where we struggled there might be a reason for not spending big on alonso...

yes, we might be pretty much reliant on the wingers (nedved, giovinco, camo) but you know what is said ... you win games with the attack, but win trophies with the backline

to summarize my problem with alonso.

-he is to expensive (for what he would bring US)
-we would probably get more situations on the wings where we could get a cross or pass in .... but remember ... without someone making these crosses you gain nothing ... i must add that camoranesis crosses were awful at times, too (not only molinaros known crosses over all players in the box)
Seems you have something against Alonso,is it because he hasen't got Italien blood?

Buy on AliExpress.com

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i got nothing against alonso. i would have liked him in juve, but that does not mean i have to think that he is the key when we play against teams that defend with every player. that were the teams we struggled against ... and i repeat ... there is no point in making fancy passes, when every 5 metres there is an opposing players ... in that cases a attacking midfielder or forward that can go past one defender to come into a good shooting position is just more valuable as our fancy-boy xabi.

i think it is not xabis game to play against well packed defenses with more than 6 players effectivly defending in the final third.

Salkcin

Mar 22, 2006
Welcome Poulsen :)

I'm happy to see this signing, but of course. I'm from Denmark and live in the same city as Christian Poulsen come from.

I don't see how we can use both Poulsen and Sissoko as they both are defensive midfielders. I hope they'll compete and help each other being on form in the fight for the starting lineup spot and not using 2 defensive midfielders :tdown:

Maybe Poulsen is not one of the most technical gifted players, but his defensive qualities are rare (good). He needs no assistance to mark a world class player and therefor adds more freedom the rest of the midfield to attack (even though we have no creative midfielder right now. Maybe stankovic and camo?).

In both Sevilla and Schalke he played as 1st choice defensive midfielder and he proved himself. Defensive midfielders just never gets credit. Especially not from italians if he provoked an Azurri player ;)
Come on... he's a bit dirty, but not a psycho like Materazzi or a bulldog like Gattuso. He's just like any other defensive midfielder.

Schalke honours : Intertoto cup winner, German championship runners up, German cup runners up
Sevilla honours: UEFA cup winner, Euro Supercup winner, Spanish cup winner, Spanish super cup winner
Personal : Danish player of the year 2005+2006 and best signing 2007 in spain by the tabloids.

Look at the hounours and remember he was a starting-11 player :)

He is one of the best defensive midfielders in the world if you judge by defensive qualities. Remeber Schalke - Milan, how he owned Kaka? he did the same in Sevilla while playing against Real Madrid and Barcelona. He can stop Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Totti and so on alone. Wait and see.

I'm not concerned about Poulsen not playing good... more that Ranieri uses him in the wrong kind a tactics.

Salkcin

Mar 22, 2006
By the way... in short..

Ever since Capello joined in 2004 and started the "2 def midfielder" tactics I hoped and waited for a new Deschamps/Zidane partnership... or Davids/Nedved.
Now we at last have a defensive midfielder capable of the Deschamps/Davids role... bring on an attacking midfielder :)

dm/am partnerships got us to 4 champions league finals from 1995 to 2003. Look at the last 5 years with defensive midfielders and long balls :(

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
New to the board here..I am ashamed of the attitude that alot of u have toward Poulsen..my bet is that most of you all have never even seen him play..I have followed Sevilla's exploits for 2-3 years and trust me, Poulsen is a very good solid midfielder and I am really excited that he is here and soon enough the whole lot of you doubters would be forced to eat your words..his spirit and character perfectly aligns with the Juventus DNA...if Poulsen wasnt good as most of you all want to lead yourselves to believe then why is it Barcelona wanted his signature?..im sure if he came here from a "Big" club you all would have endorsed him wholeheartedly...the comments I have read here, some of yall appear to me as waggonists not true supporters...FORZA JUVE!!!

dao_nq

Feb 6, 2008
Hey guys, this is pointless to worry and be pessimistic. We should all hope for the best, now we can't do anything to change so just let it be. This squad still has our beloved players (Nedved, Alex, Tre, Chiellini...etc) and there are unexpected individuals too (Grygera, Tiago, Poulsen, Amauri...etc). On the paper, we're relatively weak but on the pitch, it's different. There's still huge hope my friends !

Look, a new season has already begun, Forza Juve !

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Lippi used to play Tacchi and Davids, so it isn't such a new concept
Tacchi and Davids on their worst day we better than Poulsen will ever be

New to the board here..I am ashamed of the attitude that alot of u have toward Poulsen..my bet is that most of you all have never even seen him play..I have followed Sevilla's exploits for 2-3 years and trust me, Poulsen is a very good solid midfielder and I am really excited that he is here and soon enough the whole lot of you doubters would be forced to eat your words..his spirit and character perfectly aligns with the Juventus DNA...if Poulsen wasnt good as most of you all want to lead yourselves to believe then why is it Barcelona wanted his signature?..im sure if he came here from a "Big" club you all would have endorsed him wholeheartedly...the comments I have read here, some of yall appear to me as waggonists not true supporters...FORZA JUVE!!!
you're talking out your ass....

i've watched Sevilla play for the last few seasons, and this guy was nothing special for them, and certainly isnt worthy of Juventus

big mistake in signing him :frown:

JuveYank

Juve Ultra :D
Jun 29, 2008
Hey guys, this is pointless to worry and be pessimistic. We should all hope for the best, now we can't do anything to change so just let it be. This squad still has our beloved players (Nedved, Alex, Tre, Chiellini...etc) and there are unexpected individuals too (Grygera, Tiago, Poulsen, Amauri...etc). On the paper, we're relatively weak but on the pitch, it's different. There's still huge hope my friends !

Look, a new season has already begun, Forza Juve !
:tup: Spot on man!

JuveYank

Juve Ultra :D
Jun 29, 2008
Why are all you guys so damn pessimistic! We have a very good team at the moment and we can challenge for Serie A. I do agree with most of you and say that Xabi should have been the top of our list but he wasnt. Its time to move on and realize that we did get a good player in Poulsen! Poulsen played great for Sevilla and won alot of honors there. Hopefully he can win honors with us and i truely believe he can. He is also a proven player internationally. Poulsen will add much more support to our weak defense. We got a quality player and im gonna be one of the few and be optimistic about this season. Im sick of all you people saying we will get walked all over by Man U, Arsenal, and Real Madrid. We can beat these teams! We have Del Piero, Trez, Amuari, Iaquinta, Camo, Giovinco, and Nedved! Those players right there are quality! We will go far in the Champions League! Just be optimistic guys! It makes your lives much easier!

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Why are all you guys so damn pessimistic! We have a very good team at the moment and we can challenge for Serie A. I do agree with most of you and say that Xabi should have been the top of our list but he wasnt. Its time to move on and realize that we did get a good player in Poulsen! Poulsen played great for Sevilla and won alot of honors there. Hopefully he can win honors with us and i truely believe he can. He is also a proven player internationally. Poulsen will add much more support to our weak defense. We got a quality player and im gonna be one of the few and be optimistic about this season. Im sick of all you people saying we will get walked all over by Man U, Arsenal, and Real Madrid. We can beat these teams! We have Del Piero, Trez, Amuari, Iaquinta, Camo, Giovinco, and Nedved! Those players right there are quality! We will go far in the Champions League! Just be optimistic guys! It makes your lives much easier!
Ditto, that's y I don't really come here so often.

Just give Poulsen some time to prove himself

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Tacchi and Davids on their worst day we better than Poulsen will ever be

Fan of Alessio here (and even a bigger fan of Davids), but he wasnt ever a top class DM, just a gritty decent one who excelled more then usual occasionally. Poulsen is an internationally proven quality DM who was and is doubtlessly superior to Tacchinardi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)