Christian Bale goes crazy on Terminator set (2 Viewers)

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Disgust at Bale's four-letter abuse

An expletive-laden rant by Christian Bale has provoked a backlash against the Batman star by unimpressed web users.

Comments posted on video-sharing site YouTube expressed disgust at the tirade unleashed on the set of Terminator: Salvation.

Insults were levelled at Bale and sympathy was expressed for the target of his anger - the film's director of photography, Shane Hurlbut.

The film's assistant director, Bruce Franklin, told US entertainment channel E! News that the four-letter tirade was the result of Bale being distracted during an emotional scene.

One YouTube user, who went by the name of ice9001, said: "Who does he think he is - just because he is celebrity doesn't mean he can treat people like this."

Another, ramio83, said: "This was an unclassy act and so outrageous, he should have dealt with it in a better way."

A comment posted by a user calling himself Rustymcnally said: "I used to respect Christian Bale but as a film maker I am sickened by this outburst."

Clips of the four-minute rant, filmed on set in New Mexico last July, have been circulating on websites over the last few days, and include Bale telling Hurlbut: "I'm going to f****** kick your f****** a**e."

Other web users defended the star, while some saw the funny side and sampled his rant in songs. A dance remix and a drum and bass remix using Bale's bad language are also circulating online.

Bale is a complete nutjob :lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
This crap has happened for years, and 10x worse. The difference now is that people get to see a whole lot more of what their favorite celebrities are like during shoots with the advent of video everywhere, etc.

Movie fans can be such clueless dolts about reality. :lol:

OP
Il Re

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3
    it's true, i just find it funny since he was in the film american psycho

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    i heard this audio clip on the radio and its not a big deal IMO

these actors/actresses just think they're so big time that they have no regard for people. FFS you're acting not performing heart surgery.

thats why i watch cartoons, none of this stuff ever happens in animation.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Bale is a great actor, he's a pro, he takes his job seriously. One would think doing the same scene like 30 times will get you agitated and frustrated... I don't see the big deal honestly. The guy let it out on someone, like we all do from time to time. Whether that guy deserved it or not is not important. It happens.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Well sure it is no big deal for me, but could be useful to some fanatics, it's a big deal for them to know his true colors, or other actors'..

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Bale is a great actor, he's a pro, he takes his job seriously. One would think doing the same scene like 30 times will get you agitated and frustrated... I don't see the big deal honestly. The guy let it out on someone, like we all do from time to time. Whether that guy deserved it or not is not important. It happens.
    you can't talk like that to a person, no matter who you are. You complain it the one who hired him, but not this way.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

you can't talk like that to a person, no matter who you are. You complain it the one who hired him, but not this way.
    You're trying to tell me you have never vented out on someone, without them really deserving it? You must have some control then..

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    why is this surprising people?

I bet you he will make up with the guy faster that the "shocked fans" let this go.

He's human, he vent out his anger. I's rather better to vent out your anger in words han to bottle it up inside and do something really stupid, like actually physically attacking someone.

really? don't you swear and insult some of our players and coach? what about that beef you had with one of out members? I'm not trying to pick on you or say you're a hypocrite, I'm just pointing out that we've all lost our cool and insulted/threatened someone for some reason or another.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    You're trying to tell me you have never vented out on someone, without them really deserving it? You must have some control then..
    yeah maybe with a 12 year old kid. But the guy he is talking is probably older than him, or maybe at his age, I don't think I did something like that, or I will ever do.

He earns millions of dollars a year, I bet he thinks that is giving him the right to do whatever he wants..

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    really? don't you swear and insult some of our players and coache? what about that beef you had with one of out members? I'm not trying to pick on you or say your a hypocrite, I'm just pointing out that we've all lost our cool and insulted/threatened someone for some reason or another.
    :rolleyes:

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

yeah maybe with a 12 year old kid. But the guy he is talking is probably older than him, or maybe at his age, I don't think I did something like that, or I will ever do.

He earns millions of dollars a year, I bet he thinks that is giving him the right to do whatever he wants..
    Doesn't matter how old he is. IMO the only thing weird about all this is the guy who took all that crap without even standing up for himself.

He's human, like Lion said, I bet they shook hands and settled it already.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    no

its not supposed to happen. its plainly wrong.

exactly

no, especially in a professional environment (i.e. work) like this was. there is nothing soo horrific that the guy could have done to warrant such a diatribe.

on top of all this, who the fuck is he to speak down to someone like that?

if you guys didn't know, the guy he was yelling at was the one of the lead cinematographers for the movie -- and if you know anything about the hierarchy of movie making then you will realize that it is ordered as such:

1. producer
    2. director
    3 cinematographers
    4. everyone else

so basically Bale was berating his superior, not some stage hand or a menial member of the production team.

either way, you never have reason to speak to anyone in that manner. especially at work, and in the scope of things it appears that this was about a filming a movie on a movie set. now how stupid is that?

why is this surprising people?

I bet you he will make up with the guy faster that the "shocked fans" let this go.

He's human, he vent out his anger. I's rather better to vent out your anger in words han to bottle it up inside and do something really stupid, like actually physically attacking someone.
    he did threaten to physically assault him many times

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Doesn't matter how old he is. IMO the only thing weird about all this is the guy who took all that crap without even standing up for himself.

He's human, like Lion said, I bet they shook hands and settled it already.
    That's the point. he didn't even reply to him, because he know very well he will be fired, or never get a job if he did reply a single word. I am shocked that you are defending this asshole Vlatko, yeah I know it's not a big deal, and these things happens everyday with artists or with very rich people, but don't expect me to ignore it, or like this idiot. Yeah I will keep on watching his movies (not the originals ofcourse :D), and will always remember what an asshole he is, but nothing will change for me anyway..

And for what Lion said, that's was the dumbest reply ever, comparing my arguments here with some members to this. They don't have beef between them, that's something happened while working, I shouldn't have wrote these last 3 lines anyway :pumpkin:

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

no, especially in a professional environment (i.e. work) like this was. there is nothing soo horrific that the guy could have done to warrant such a diatribe.

if you guys didn't know, the guy he was yelling at was the one of the lead cinematographers for the movie -- and if you know anything about the hierarchy of movie making then you will realize that it is ordered as such:

1. producer
    2. director
    3 cinematographers
    4. everyone else

so basically Bale was berating his superior, not some stage hand or a menial member of the production team.

either way, you never have reason to speak to anyone in that manner. especially at work, and in the scope of things it appears that this was about a filming a movie on a movie set. now how stupid is that?
    Sure it's not nice to see and hear but it's a normal thing in pretty much every job. Unless you all work in a dreamland.

The hierarchy may be such in theory, but in this case it goes Bale than everyone else. He is the movie as his popularity is pretty much unmatched after The Dark Knight. If anyone on that set could get fired, it sure as hell won't be Bale.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    the bottom line is that what he did inexcusable, unecessary, and furthermore just flat out WRONG

as i said before, its a movie set not an operating room

acting is complete bullshit, so the argument that he takes his work seriously is bullshit. actors are complete divas and think they can treat ppl however they please.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

That's the point. he didn't even reply to him, because he know very well he will be fired, or never get a job if he did reply a single word. I am shocked that you are defending this asshole Vlatko, yeah I know it's not a big deal, and these things happens everyday with artists or with very rich people, but don't expect me to ignore it, or like this idiot. Yeah I will keep on watching his movies (not the originals ofcourse :D), and will always remember what an asshole he is, but nothing will change for me anyway..

And for what Lion said, that's was the dumbest reply ever, comparing my arguments here with some members to this. They don't have beef between them, that's something happened while working, I shouldn't have wrote these last 3 lines anyway :pumpkin:
    Well that only speaks of that person's low self esteem. Personally if someone treated me like such crap, I'd fight back. Screw the job, I'll find another one and sue the ass of Bale. But, where I live, employer-employee relationships are not far away from this. If you don't like it, find another job.

I'm not derfending him, I'm saying I don't see where the big deal is. Is it a rule that a good actor must be a nice guy and not a prick? I don't care about that, I like his movies and that's it.

Personally I'm not a hot-tempered guy but I've thrown occasional tantrums on people who didn't deserve it, just because I had a bad day. Of course, I apologized afterwards.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007

Let's see how dumb it is:

Bale is angry because he feels the other guy is not doing enough/doing something wrong AT WORK. Something that can potentially affect the ENTIRE movie that has MILLIONS of dollars in Budget and months and months of work and preparation.

on the other hand you got angry and insulted a member because of what happened on a internet forum. Something that does not affect your life at all.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    no

its not supposed to happen. its plainly wrong.

exactly

1. producer
    2. director
    3 cinematographers
    4. everyone else
    It was the Director of Photography.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)