Chevanton (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2002
thought about it once. but no, i dont think we should buy him. all our current forwards are better than him. i think he would just choke. i think di natale would be much better.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I know that he's good, but how old is he? If he's young enough he'd make a very good 5th striker.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Well, if Zalayeta makes his Perugia stay a permanent one, then we'll be needing a new striker, but come to think of it, isn't Chevanton more of a forward than an out-and-out striker? We have enough forwards in the likes of Del Piero, Di Vaio and Miccoli.

venom

Oct 22, 2003
He's not that big fella anyway? What we need forward-wise is a quality backup for Trez.

Now, where's Sir John Charles???

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
Well, if Zalayeta makes his Perugia stay a permanent one, then we'll be needing a new striker, but come to think of it, isn't Chevanton more of a forward than an out-and-out striker? We have enough forwards in the likes of Del Piero, Di Vaio and Miccoli.
ok, now you tell that zalayeta is a pure striker who can play as a winger? :undecide:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
depends who leaves. its another saviola case...if miccoli was to leave, then sure, buy him. if not..then leave him be.

i think a team like Milan could use him though...they need that type striker to partner shevchenko.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
we should just bring Zalayetta back for three reasons:

1. He never complains being a 5th striker
2. He plays wherever Lippi wants him (attack, right wing..)
3. His form doesn't fluctuate. So we know what to expect when fielding him
4. He's tall ==> think of him as a Trez replacement. we dont need more than 2 of these types of players.
5. He's still young, so we can count on him for a while.
6. He's not injury prone.
7. His Wage Bill isn't too high, so that should help out in offering a top defender a better contract.

May 17, 2003
hahaha i was about to say..hehehe
Chevanton is a great player, but only lacks a bit more hight. I think he is like a right footed Recoba. He has good vision, great at free kicks, good goalscorer and i think he kinda looks like Recoba. Not to mention he's Urugayan too.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
3 reasons yeah:D
:embarass:

i thought of three reasons before i replyed, and as i was typing them, i thought of more.... :D ..oh well, you get the picture.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

He's very good player but i'd rather have Bojinov.... this guy is gonna be huge .. mark my word and he's only 17. so juve should buy him straight away and loan him for more experiance.

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
does it really necessary? Chevanton to Juventus? we got Miccoli and Gasbaronni who's probably the next Alex in the future....I dont see any point of bringing Cheva to Juve....

But I like to see Bojinov Juve though:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)