Chevanton (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
I think that one or more of our forwards (probably Miccoli and Di Vaio) will be leaving this summer, and thus we'll need to bring in forwards and defenders. I suppose that the idea would be to make money on the strikers and use the left over on the defenders...

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
rumours are flying everywhere now. del piero to chelsea, di vaio wanted by 3 EPL clubs in newcastle, middlesborough and some other...apparently trezeguet may be sold. miccoli being offered in a deal to get stam.

these rumours never stop.

i dont want chevanton, not when we have miccoli at the club. Saviola would be better in my opinion, but i think he'll only join if deals are signed and concrete that di vaio or del piero have left.

personally, i think we do need to reshuffle our forwards. miccoli and del piero are fine by me, unless these offers for del piero are true. offers as such should really be considered. Trezeguet is a born scorer, but doesnt add much else to the team, not that any coach would complain about a player who has the best goal per game in the business. Di Vaio works hard and gets many opportunites which he makes himself, but he needs too many chances to score.

personally, i think trezeguet should stay and Di Vaio should leave. get a striker which is a direct replacement (back up) for trez. if one of the small forwards leaves, get saviola.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Saviola will be killed in serie a he is too small to play while cheventon
has a experience to play he is powerful and able to score all the time.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
At trhis moment.. i think del piero(our most skilled forward) and miccoli(2nd to dp) are untouchable now...as they are the bets of our attack line.

Trezeguet and Divaio i think that these 2 will be included in deals in the end of the season, mainly di vaio. But well...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

ok, now you tell that zalayeta is a pure striker who can play as a winger? :undecide:
Zalayeta isn't exactly a pure striker, and the same can be said about alot of other players such as Gilardino and Di Vaio, but he has the size and physical presence to be a target man. Players like DP, Micco and Chevanton can't do that to much effect imo.

However, if Miccoli, Di Vaio or Del Piero do happen to leave in the near future, Chevanton would be an excellent replacement. He's such a confident player. Someone who always wants to dribble and challenge defenders. His free kicks are also very good. He resembles the DP of old if you ask me, but then again that's flattering him.

My verdict: not really needed but if one of our support strikers depart then he could well be the man to fill their place. Very, very talented.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker ] ++
I think that one or more of our forwards (probably Miccoli and Di Vaio) will be leaving this summer, and thus we'll need to bring in forwards and defenders. I suppose that the idea would be to make money on the strikers and use the left over on the defenders...
You really think so? I'd hate to believe that we're going to lose Miccoli after just one season in Turin, especially since he has done well enough or better when given a chance. If any of our forwards are to leave it'll probably be Trezeguet or Di Vaio, and in all fairness they haven't had bad seasons at all. We've known for a long time now that the only thing Trez offers to the team is goals, and this is by no means a good thing, but you've got to hand it to him. He's doing what he can pretty well (it's just a pity he can't do more).

Actually, to tell you guys the truth, I don't care if ANY of our forwards leave, just as long as the price is right. If Chelsea really want Del Piero and offer 30-35 mill we should definitely say yes. Don't attack me people, DP is actually my favourite player, but the sad truth is that he's not worth 35m, and with that money we can get Saviola, Torres, Chevanton, etc to replace him. The list goes on and on, and with 35m we'd not only be able to get an adequate replacement, but probably a defender or two.

Miccoli should stay. He has enormous potential, and selling him could very well hurt us in the future, but if his sale helps us get Mexes, Squillaci, Stam or Lucio I won't be complaining, not with all the other young support strikers available. Same thing goes for Di Vaio, but if I had to choose between Fabrizio and Marco right now it'd be the former.

As it is our priority is still the defence so let's not worry too much about forwards going or coming.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

You really think so? I'd hate to believe that we're going to lose Miccoli after just one season in Turin, especially since he has done well enough or better when given a chance. If any of our forwards are to leave it'll probably be Trezeguet or Di Vaio, and in all fairness they haven't had bad seasons at all. We've known for a long time now that the only thing Trez offers to the team is goals, and this is by no means a good thing, but you've got to hand it to him. He's doing what he can pretty well (it's just a pity he can't do more).

Actually, to tell you guys the truth, I don't care if ANY of our forwards leave, just as long as the price is right. If Chelsea really want Del Piero and offer 30-35 mill we should definitely say yes. Don't attack me people, DP is actually my favourite player, but the sad truth is that he's not worth 35m, and with that money we can get Saviola, Torres, Chevanton, etc to replace him. The list goes on and on, and with 35m we'd not only be able to get an adequate replacement, but probably a defender or two.

Miccoli should stay. He has enormous potential, and selling him could very well hurt us in the future, but if his sale helps us get Mexes, Squillaci, Stam or Lucio I won't be complaining, not with all the other young support strikers available. Same thing goes for Di Vaio, but if I had to choose between Fabrizio and Marco right now it'd be the former.

As it is our priority is still the defence so let's not worry too much about forwards going or coming.
Mmm but del piero will not be sold.

About Trez and Divaio...u are right. If a good offer is done... then sell both.

but like u said,,, sadly,. they have done a good job so far.... but we need that money.-

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
chevanton is very good, but he lacks coordination with his physical energy, he doesnt organize his physical effort in the match well, he explodes in the first 30 mins but gets tired after that...but i guess he will solve this problem with time..but we dont need him (we have di vaio)

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
I say sell Di Vaio or Trez and get this guy.

We have a good history with players from Uruguay and good rappot with the Uruguay FA which increases the possibility of seeing him in a Juve jersey.

The guy above me pointed out that Chevanton plays for the first half and then disappears. That may be true but its at least better than Trezeghost.

Besides, the problem Chevanton has is miniscule anyway. It's not something that can't be fixed.

He as all the qualities to become a great striker.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
Chevanton was great in the last game I saw with him. Awsome player, but we already have Miccoli and we don't want too many promising youngsters. Instead, we should go for an established striker that can score European goals. Not saying that Chevanton can't, but he's just not a garanteed striker in a big team like Juve who expects a lot from their players.

slack

Dec 13, 2002
Chevanton reminds me of Nedved in terms of aggression, workrate, taking a mean freekick and even in the way he dives. His directness has some resemblence with Shevchenko's.

In short, he's the PERFECT model of what Di Vaio should doing for us but isn't. What's even better is that the little guy seems to be able to lead the attack line, which is quite remarkable given his physique.

Additionally, a good record in the Serie A (and Serie B too, I think), being Uruguayan (his agent's probably Casal as well) and not exactly superstar profile means he's the kind of player Moggi would be going after. I hope so. He (Jankulovski is another) would fit Juve very well indeed.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i think di vaio isnt doing well simply because he doesnt fit into our system well. his characteristics are not good for our tactics. He isnt a good target man. misses too many chances. isnt good in the air.

Chevanton to me is the better player. but at the same time, he resembles di vaio except he has a better finish. is this what we want? do we not want another target man like trez to replace di vaio?

OR do we sell trez, change our tactics to better suit di vaio and bring in chevanton as well?

i wouldnt mind selling both trez and di vaio and bring in two players like Zlatan and Cavenaghi.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I actually thought Marco was quite decent in the air. IMO it's a lack of confidence. When Del Piero was out, DV was awesome. He was cool and confident with his finishing, and i dont' think it's just a matter of tactics or lack of finishing skill. He doesn't get to play enough and it's affecting his performances negatively

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I actually thought Marco was quite decent in the air. IMO it's a lack of confidence. When Del Piero was out, DV was awesome. He was cool and confident with his finishing, and i dont' think it's just a matter of tactics or lack of finishing skill. He doesn't get to play enough and it's affecting his performances negatively
agreed.

one more point.. I noticed that when alex and marco play together.. both become less affective..!! they don't complete each other.. I mean you don't feel that they have this harmony which should be there between any two strikers in a team..

gray

Apr 22, 2003
If we were so adventurous at to play with three attackers, I think Miccoli, Trezguet and Di Vaio would be very effective. Sure, it may not be as pretty and creative without Del Piero in there, but I reckon we could grab the goals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)