Chevanton (2 Viewers)

slack

Dec 13, 2002
Firstly, a distinction should be made between some things.

What Trez himself is capable of, how Lippi wants him to play and how we expect him to play are probably all different. Those who know the Frenchman will understand that he's fully capable of more than just being a 'box' player. If the coach's expectation is different, what's the point of buying another guy who could just as well end up the same?

DV vs Chevanton though, is quite another matter. It isn't apples vs oranges for one but a direct comparison between very similar players in the same function. Even at 23, he's already a seasoned Serie A campaigner who's at least as accomplished as DV is. Ability-wise, he's wonderfully complete. Perhaps most importantly, he displays a work ethic that's perfectly suited to Juve.

Assuming Chevanton delivers (unfortunately, quite a big IF), his impact would be HUGE. His physique shouldn't be too much of a concern since if it didn't hamper Nedved (different roles aside, their physique and styles are remarkably similar), it shouldn't hamper him either.

I am quite a fan of the little Uruguayan. Lecce will sell but not to anyone else in the Serie A, I hope.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Gogeta ] ++
The milan fans are raving about him too.
Everyone is raving about him because he's been a great player this year. I hope that he either stays where he is, or comes to Juve. I'd hate to see him go to Roma or Milan.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker ] ++

Everyone is raving about him because he's been a great player this year. I hope that he either stays where he is, or comes to Juve. I'd hate to see him go to Roma or Milan.
do you think that it's likely that he'll come to juve concidering that we already have DP, DV and Miccoli?

epitaph

Feb 16, 2004
conclusions sally??but still i think he's a good player tho!!y not rite after all we're the 2nd richest club in the world!!lets waste out money!!hahaha

incomplex

Mar 2, 2004
hehehhee....2nd richest in the world!!!
that sounds nice even i hate it bcos we're behind manu!
anyway its hard to tell wether chevanton would go anywhere
he already say that if he;s going to the big club not as a sub but as a regular...
which big club that wanna give him the opportunity?
but he's playing really well this season
credit should be given to him for his effort!!

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
do you think that it's likely that he'll come to juve concidering that we already have DP, DV and Miccoli?
I wouldn't mind losing Di Vaio or Miccoli to make room for Chevanton.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
dv yes,miccoli hell no.

we've only seen glimpses of miccoli's best and even then he has been stunning on occaision.potentially better than chevanton imo.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
dv yes,miccoli hell no.

we've only seen glimpses of miccoli's best and even then he has been stunning on occaision.potentially better than chevanton imo.
I think that Chevanton and Miccoli are very similar, it's just that Cheva is showing whereas Miccoli we know has the ability, but he's not showing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)