Chess puzzles to solve! (20 Viewers)

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Fuck sorry guys I fell asleep :D My day is now all fucked up because a student rescheduled a class. I'm free between 3-4.30 Mexico City time, London -6 if you'd be available then, @Jem83?

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I'm having my evening meal now, @Scottish, but fuckit I'm ready :D

Let's go

- - - Updated - - -

Go to Live Area, I will show you a cooler and more interactive way of playing

- - - Updated - - -

I see you popping in and out of there, so I'm assuming it's something technical. Make sure you don't have a popup blocker, and make sure to have Java installed.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I've never had problems with it before, maybe because I'm clicking on shit trying to figure out how to challenge you to a timed game :p

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Just go to the Live Area like you just did, and wait for my game invite.

I will make a 30 minute unrated game with 1 second increment, and because I'm such a gentleman, you get the white pieces.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I see you now, and I just sent you a challenge. Did anything pop up?

If not, you can find me in the "Friends" tab, and try to challenge me instead.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Good game :tup:

I robbed you of your right to castle very early, but somehow you got the better piece-development after that setback. Found that impressive. I struggled a bit with my piece coordination early on, but gradually found my way. Strategically it was good from both, but you were outdone by tactical combinations (dacdical flow).

Was very nice playing a discussion-based game, move by move. Let's play again sometime!

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Hell yeah! If we'd not been playing out scenarios I would have just taken that knight as well instead of that bizarre alternate-universe idea I had :D

Until next time!

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
That was the final blow, yes. Very risky play on your part. But hey, at least it was interesting chess.

After your 1.e4 I went for the Caro-Kann (1.c6), which is one of the most solid and boring defenses for black, so it wasn't me who provided the fireworks in this one :p

Later!

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
one thing is sure,
i wont play Jem.
slaughter someone else bro :D ;)

i have no idea of all the tactics...or their names...

i just play with my dad every now and then.
...makes me unpredictable i guess :klin: :lol:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
That's the amazing thing about this game, it's enjoyable and fascinating at all levels. It's the most played game in the world, and everyone from kids to people in their old age play it.

Some are more serious about it than others, but at the end of the day it's just a game. A lovely, lovely game.

Chess, like love, is infectious
at any age - Salo Flohr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)