Chelsea Win Right To Sue (1 Viewer)

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
companies should be allowed to kill employees after theyre fired so they cant benefit rival competition

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Great so Mutu goes to Fiorentina on the cheap without proving his worth to the club,Bojinov is on the verge of going back to Fiorentina & Juventus have to compensate Chelsea.

What a joke.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Why are they doing this to Juve. I thought Mourinho won my respect when he declared that juve isn't a supermaarket to shop players from when we had to go to serie B and now, we get this. I hope it doesn' cause a dent in our financial status..

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Why are they doing this to Juve. I thought Mourinho won my respect when he declared that juve isn't a supermaarket to shop players from when we had to go to serie B and now, we get this. I hope it doesn' cause a dent in our financial status..
Is Mourinho the one resposnsible for lawsuits?

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
i dont know how you will kill abramovic. i saw his yacht on vh1...its equipped with a soviet missile defense system.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Well I'm studying law at Uni and you're not far off the mark.

I fail to see how Juve could be liable because they had nothing to do with the initial breach of Mutu's contract with Chelsea.

Sooner or later option 2 from above will happen and football will become like every other job and a person will be able to had in their notice and leave for another club. This has already moved closer through Bosman and the Andy Webster transfer from Hearts to Wigan.

In a few years contracts in football will be pretty much useless.
Not yet, though! Here's the latest about Andy Webster:-

BARRY ANDERSON said:
FIFA to probe agent over Webster's Tynecastle exit

ANDY WEBSTER'S agent is to come under the scrutiny of FIFA for his part in the defender's exit from Hearts last year.

Football's governing body have also ordered Webster to pay the Edinburgh club £625,000 compensation for illegal breach of his contract, and suspended him for the first two weeks of next season.

Charles Duddy, Webster's Angus-based representative, helped the player invoke article 17 of the FIFA statutes governing the transfer of players, which permit players to voluntarily opt out of a four-year contract at the end of its third year.

The Scotland internationalist left Tynecastle for the last time on June 30 last year when his deal still had 12 months to run - however, he did not provide Hearts with sufficient notice for doing so.

He subsequently moved to English Premiership club Wigan Athletic, a move which received FIFA's own ratification, and then on loan to Rangers in January. Hearts were demanding £5million for Webster but, under the terms of the article, they were technically only entitled to be reimbursed with his salary for the remaining year of his contract, which equated to around £200,000.

Duddy will now be investigated by FIFA for his role in the long-running saga, but Wigan have been absolved of any blame.

A FIFA statement read: "FIFA's Dispute Resolution Chamber found Mr Andrew Webster guilty of having breached the employment contract without just cause outside the Protected Period and condemned him to pay Heart of Midlothian the amount of GBP 625,000 as compensation. In assessing the amount of compensation due to his former club, the Dispute Resolution Chamber applied Article 17.1 of the FIFA Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players, which lists some of the objective criteria that may be applied in the evaluation of the amount of compensation due for breach of contract. Yet, the Chamber observed that the aforementioned list is not exhaustive and, therefore, retained its legitimate right to decide according to its own experience and consideration.

"In addition, the deciding authority considered that Mr Andrew Webster failed to give Heart of Midlothian due notice of termination in accordance with Article 17.3 of the FIFA Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players and, therefore, decided that he will not be eligible to participate in any official football match for a period of two weeks as from the beginning of the next national league championship for which he will be registered.

"The Dispute Resolution Chamber finally decided that the role played by the agent Mr Charles Duddy in the breach of contract requires further investigation by the competent authorities."
Source: - The Scotsman.

OP
Red

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
  • Thread Starter #40
    Yeah I saw that and I'm pleased with that result in principle. I don't like Hearts getting cash but it is important to show that contracts are still worthwhile in football and players can't just walk out without repurcusion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)