Chelsea make offer for Juventus ace Nedved (1 Viewer)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Chelsea have reportedly tabled a bid to Juventus for midfielder Pavel Nedved.
Despite the Czech Republic international's fade out in the second-half of the season, Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is still keen to bring the 32 year-old to London next season.

Italian press reports suggest Abramovich has offered £10 million, rising to £16 million depending on appearances and success, for Nedved.

While reluctant to sell the midfielder, Juve chief Luciano Moggi knows he'll never get another offer like it for a player of Nedved's age.

so what do you think?

i think this is a great bid and we should sell him..

Buy on AliExpress.com

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
nedved is a great player and we have to expect that he will play next season a lot better then this term ( i have the feeling he played bad cause he doesent want to be sold).....so if they offer 20 mio, we can talk, but with less there is no chance and he will close his career in torino!

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
so it has gone from 25 million pounds to 16 million pounds within 3 months? i tell you what, if chelsea offered the 16 million pounds and threw in Gallas and Crespo, then i wouldnt mind talking.

nedved is the euro player of the year. whether he is 32 years old or not, he won it at that age so he should be valued higher.

nothing under 20 million pounds IMO!

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by LEC ] ++
nedved is a great player and we have to expect that he will play next season a lot better then this term ( i have the feeling he played bad cause he doesent want to be sold).....so if they offer 20 mio, we can talk, but with less there is no chance and he will close his career in torino!
Nedved is professional, he would never play bad just to avoid beeing sold.

I cant imagine Nedved in another team, i like him so much, and hope he stays, his age isnt really a big deal, he is not that old and i think he will be better next year.

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++

Nedved is professional, he would never play bad just to avoid beeing sold.

I cant imagine Nedved in another team, i like him so much, and hope he stays, his age isnt really a big deal, he is not that old and i think he will be better next year.

HE said things like that, cause he want stay in torino...:down:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
that would mean we'd be getting only 10m upfront.

no deal.

at least throw in a couple of good players and raise it to 15m.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
if roman really wants him,then moggi shouldn't have a hard time asking him for a couple of millions more,which is mere pocket change for him.

Oct 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by LEC ] ++
played bad so he won't be sold?
come on, it can't be true. if he played very bad, he definitely will be sold. even for 1 m.
we won't pay free wages to player who is not motivated.

Oct 1, 2002
I'm sorry to say this, but if the offer is good, we can let him leave.
the truth is I don't think he will become better, at his age most players will become worse and we really need those money to rejunevate our team.
big thanks to nedved anyway, for being the player of the year, for all he has done to Juve.
I will miss him.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ahmed ] ++
Nedved is 32 ... i think he should spend his last days with Juve
This is for him and for the team
Actually I disagree that it's for the team. I love Nedved, he's probably my favourite Juve player, but the money we get from selling him would be very good for a player his age. I'm not saying definitely sell him, but we'd be foolish not to think of the financial benefits of selling Nedved, as much as I hate to say it

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Chelsea have been following him for a while, and Abramovich will probably be willing to pay more than the player's worth, since money is no big problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)