Chelsea chase Brazilian starlet Nilmar (1 Viewer)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
Chelsea are preparing a £5.4million swoop for Brazilian wonderkid Nilmar when the transfer window opens in January, according to reports.

The 20-year-old striker is a target for many of Europe's top clubs but Chelsea's billionaire owner Roman Abramovich is leading the chase.

Internacional de Porto Alegre president Fernando Carvalho denied there was a deal for his young player earlier this week but he is now believed to be on his way to Europe for a meeting with Stamford Bridge officials.

Nilmar's father, Nilton Honorato, also insists a move is imminent: 'It is difficult for him to be at Inter next year,'

'It really seems that many clubs are interested in his football, also making good proposals,' he told Sky Sports.

'The English football certainly pleases Nilmar and me also.

'What we would not like would be that he had to play in a place of lesser expression.'

Despite representing Brazil at all levels Nilmar would not qualify for a work permit and Chelsea are set to loan him to CSKA Moscow for 12 months until he does.

Nilmar's arrival could mean Finnish striker Mikael Forssell leaving Chelsea for Birmingham - where he is currently on loan.

------------------
I've never heard of him..anyone got any info on him etc?
is he worth chasing over?

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
that's not very nice :groan:
i just hope he doesn't go to chelsea. Good luck getting a starting place :undecide:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
This guy wants to loan evryobody to CSKA. He even tried to loan the Joe Cole :wallbang:

Who the hell wants to play in Russia??? :undecide:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yeah, but if you were a Brazilian wonderkid would you want to play in Russia??? I mean, to go from an average 30 degrees Celsius, to 10? Who would want that?

OP
Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
    This guy wants to loan evryobody to CSKA. He even tried to loan the Joe Cole :wallbang:

he has to, since the russian FA and even the goverment blasted him for helping a English side and not help russian football

people who have played in Bosnia...and alot of othe players :)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Yeah, but if you were a Brazilian wonderkid would you want to play in Russia??? I mean, to go from an average 30 degrees Celsius, to 10? Who would want that?
    The Russian clubs have stocked up on Brazilians the past few years, he wouldn't be alone.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Emphasis on the word "wonderkid" Martin ;)

I understand players who have to play in Russia, but if I was a big talent that could choose between European clubs I would most certanly not want to go to Russia. That's what I'm trying to say.

I mean, the kid, if the article is true, can choose where he wants to go.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Russia isn't so good for exposure. Switzerland is fine though, a lot of players have come through there.

Every Brazilian slash Argentine kid under 21 is a wonderkid.

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14
    wonder if Argelico F*ck was a wonderkid and famous all around Brazil and the world...

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001

No one I think. You can get a lot of money, at least on the contract. Don't expect the money to come unless you're really lucky and play great. The mafia is always in the background aswell.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Russia? ****ing hell..! It's a real shame that brazilian youngsters don't come to Holland as much anymore. The last one worth mentioning was Romario at PSV :cool:

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    :mute:

The dutch league has become more or less a swedish colony. Almost all the good swedish players have played there. In the past it was Larsson, Edström and Kindvall. Now Zlatan, Elmander, Dorsin and several others.
    But I like it because Holland seems to be a good country for swedes to develop in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)