Chelsea boring? (2 Viewers)

JuventusFan

Jul 12, 2002
I've been a big Chelsea fan for sometime now (Since 97). I can't deny that I'm happy to see Chelsea emerging as one of Europe's top clubs. But I have to admit, Chelsea was much more entertaining in the old days. They were always great to watch, until Mourinho came along.

Mourinho may have brought success, but he killed Chelsea's style. I'm not saying Chelsea have become a boring team. But they're a lot less fun to watch than they were a few years ago.

Ranieri was on the right track for success, I think he should've been given one more season to prove himself. He would've won the Premiership with Chelsea. Although certainly he wouldn't have dominated England in the same way Mourinho is doing.

Other than Mourinho coming to Chelsea, it's important to note that the faliure of teams like Liverpool, Arsenal, and Manchester United to make make the most of the transfer market is making it very easy for Chelsea to have such big gap at the top of the table.

In the end, as long as Chelsea continue being so successful, I can't complain much about Chelsea being less entertaining than before.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
Discussion about Chelsea's excitement.

James: Chelsea are boring
Benjamin: No, they are not! They keep on winning.
James: Yes, they are boring. Football is not about winning
Benjamin: Yes, it is. It is about who gets the trophy in the end. Chelsea are not boring.
James: But still there is more than trophies, htis makes Chelsea boring.
Benjamin: No they are not! They are tactical.
James: Tactical football is boring.
Benajmin: No it is not, it makes you win.
James: Football is not about winning, Chelsea are boring.

45, 783 hours later

James: I said it many times, Chelsea are boring.
Benjamin: No they are not.

This can go on forever you know, no matter how many articles one comes up with.
The exactly reason I am not even gonna argue this, but they are indeed boring.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Although that has more to do with the lack of competition. Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool being unable to sign not even one world class player between them was quite surprising. Chelsea's not as good as some people think, they may have 40 good players but they don't have any great ones.

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
Although that has more to do with the lack of competition. Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool being unable to sign not even one world class player between them was quite surprising. Chelsea's not as good as some people think, they may have 40 good players but they don't have any great ones.
I beg to differ.. Makalele is an amazing player..

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I'd disagree. Both centre halves, the goalkeeper, and both first choice wingers are amazing players. There's not a weakness in the entire squad, and they have an excellent team spirit and a good shape as a team. That makes them more formidable than all of Madrid's world class duds.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

Terry, Lampard, Makelele, Robben would qualify as great players in my book.

Amash

Mar 31, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Cech, perhaps, but Drogba? :howler:
I didn't regard him as a class player when he arrived in Chelsea, but his plays last season he showed that he's class player

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Okay, I am sick of this, so I say it again.

Chelsea are boring why? Because of the way they last, they wait for teams to attack them, however as it is well documented most premiership teams have become the same way, especially the likes of everton, bolton, fulham etc etc. Anyway so when you get 2 teams playing taht same style, it certainly doesnt make for an exciting game. Anyone who thinks it does, please dont ever watch football again its you people who are making it suck by people actually accepting this "so what chelsea win", yes they do, but anyone who can sit here and say that chelsea last season was as great as for example (and I hate going back to use this as an example) but 1999, when Man Utd were at our best, if one team scored 3 past us, we'd score 4, imo that is when football is at its best. That is why I consider Chelsea boring.

And stays lie, if you want stats Man Utd have only lost 1 game this season, and went through August without conceeding a goal, stats dont tell the whole truth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)