Charlie Hebdo massacre - 2015-Jan-07 (2 Viewers)

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
At least three people have been killed and six churches attacked in Niger amid fresh protests against French magazine Charlie Hebdo's cartoon depicting the Prophet Muhammad.

Protests began outside Niamey's grand mosque and reportedly spread to other parts of the country, a day after five were killed in Niger's second city.

Niger's president condemned the violence and appealed for calm.

Last week, Islamist gunmen killed 12 people at Charlie Hebdo's offices.

The cover of the magazine's latest edition, published after the attack, featured a cartoon of the Prophet Muhammad weeping while holding a sign saying "I am Charlie".

Seven million copies of the edition are being printed in view of extraordinary demand, distributors announced on Saturday. The magazine's print run before the attack was 60,000.

Many Muslims see any depiction of Islam's prophet as offensive.

In Niger, a former French colony, hundreds of demonstrators gathered at Niamey's grand mosque, shouting "God is Great" in Arabic.

At least six churches were set on fire or looted in Niamey and regional towns. Bars, hotels and businesses under non-Muslim ownership were also targeted.

Two charred bodies were recovered from a church on the outskirts of Niamey, and the body of a woman was found in a bar, Reuters reported.
'Everything has gone'

Pastor Zakaria Jadi, whose church was burnt down in the capital Niamey, said he was in a meeting with church elders when he heard of the attacks.

"I just rushed and told my colleagues in the church to take away their families from the place," he told the BBC World Service. "I took my family to take them out from the place. When I came back I just discovered that everything has gone. There's nothing in my house and also in the church."

Niger's President, Mahamadou Issoufou, was one of six African heads of state to attend a unity march in Paris after the attacks against Charlie Hebdo.

"Those who loot these places of worship, who desecrate them and kill their Christian compatriots... have understood nothing of Islam," he said after Saturday's violence.

During Friday's demonstration in Niger's second city, Zinder, protesters raided shops run by Christians and attacked the French cultural centre.

The centre's director, Kaoumi Bawa, said an angry crowd of around 50 people had smashed the building's door and set fire to the cafeteria, library and offices.

The death toll in Zinder rose from four to five when emergency services found a burned body inside a Catholic Church.

Protests against the Charlie Hebdo cartoon were also seen on Friday in Pakistan, where protests turned violent in Karachi, the Sudanese capital of Khartoum and the Algerian capital, Algiers.

People in Somalia took to the streets on Saturday.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-30863159

- - - Updated - - -

World gone mad again :weee:
Think you saw looting in ferguson, you aint seen shit yet

- - - Updated - - -

At least three people have been killed and six churches attacked in Niger amid fresh protests against French magazine Charlie Hebdo's cartoon depicting the Prophet Muhammad.

Protests began outside Niamey's grand mosque and reportedly spread to other parts of the country, a day after five were killed in Niger's second city.

Niger's president condemned the violence and appealed for calm.

Last week, Islamist gunmen killed 12 people at Charlie Hebdo's offices.

The cover of the magazine's latest edition, published after the attack, featured a cartoon of the Prophet Muhammad weeping while holding a sign saying "I am Charlie".

Seven million copies of the edition are being printed in view of extraordinary demand, distributors announced on Saturday. The magazine's print run before the attack was 60,000.

Many Muslims see any depiction of Islam's prophet as offensive.

In Niger, a former French colony, hundreds of demonstrators gathered at Niamey's grand mosque, shouting "God is Great" in Arabic.

At least six churches were set on fire or looted in Niamey and regional towns. Bars, hotels and businesses under non-Muslim ownership were also targeted.

Two charred bodies were recovered from a church on the outskirts of Niamey, and the body of a woman was found in a bar, Reuters reported.
'Everything has gone'

Pastor Zakaria Jadi, whose church was burnt down in the capital Niamey, said he was in a meeting with church elders when he heard of the attacks.

"I just rushed and told my colleagues in the church to take away their families from the place," he told the BBC World Service. "I took my family to take them out from the place. When I came back I just discovered that everything has gone. There's nothing in my house and also in the church."

Niger's President, Mahamadou Issoufou, was one of six African heads of state to attend a unity march in Paris after the attacks against Charlie Hebdo.

"Those who loot these places of worship, who desecrate them and kill their Christian compatriots... have understood nothing of Islam," he said after Saturday's violence.

During Friday's demonstration in Niger's second city, Zinder, protesters raided shops run by Christians and attacked the French cultural centre.

The centre's director, Kaoumi Bawa, said an angry crowd of around 50 people had smashed the building's door and set fire to the cafeteria, library and offices.

The death toll in Zinder rose from four to five when emergency services found a burned body inside a Catholic Church.

Protests against the Charlie Hebdo cartoon were also seen on Friday in Pakistan, where protests turned violent in Karachi, the Sudanese capital of Khartoum and the Algerian capital, Algiers.

People in Somalia took to the streets on Saturday.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-30863159

- - - Updated - - -

World gone mad again :weee:
Think you saw looting in ferguson, you aint seen shit yet

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Religions I believe are still good for the most part, helping both the individual and the society on many circumstances. Should be distanced from political systems though.
Religion coupled with reason can be a good deal. Blindly believing in God and taking everything a thousand year old book says for granted is silly though. In my view you have to focus on the values the religion conveys. Compassion and basic kindness are emphasised in lots of religions.

And there's no reason it can't work for Islam. In fact there was a time when Muslims were very tolerant and put an emphasis on scientific development.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
That is not the point. You say the Bible is not open to interpretations of violence. I say it clearly is, otherwise the Crusades would not have happened.

Now you're changing your entire story and expect me to say the Bible was the root cause. It wasn't. Neither is the Quran.

Also the phrase "I'll continue to think" means "I know I'm dead wrong and stupid, but I'm entitled to my opinion so I'll just continue my ignorant ways even if it's clear I'm wrong". I'm not sure why you went with that.
No one in the Crusades were interpreting Bible, it was their own view of what God would want, the reason you can't back it up with Bible verses found on internet or wherever is because there aren't, to my knowledge there aren't Bible verses that would support Crusades or could be interpreted that way unless you have the intelligence of a turtle. Catholic church isn't about just Bible, as a passionate religion accuser you should be aware of that.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
No one in the Crusades were interpreting Bible, it was their own view of what God would want, the reason you can't back it up with Bible verses found on internet or wherever is because there aren't, to my knowledge there aren't Bible verses that would support Crusades or could be interpreted that way unless you have the intelligence of a turtle. Catholic church isn't about just Bible, as a passionate religion accuser you should be aware of that.
Your lack of intellectual and historical insight is baffling.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
they can just make people fool! why are they to scream about free speech when somebody talks about the Holocaust?
It would seem the right to unrestricted freedom of speech and insulting people only applies to Muslims for them.

OP
Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #1,392
    they can just make people fool! why are they to scream about free speech when somebody talks about the Holocaust?
    It would seem the right to unrestricted freedom of speech and insulting people only applies to Muslims for them.
    No. Now go do your research before playing the victim card.

OP
    Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #1,395
    i have already research, Compare that with how Charlie Hebdo treats the Holocaust!
    This is absolutely disgusting
    Nope. You are saying that Freedom of Speech only applies for Charlie Hebdo when insulting Muslims. That is incorrect.

It is correct however that Holocaust-denial is illegal in France. That's pathetic.

But nothing stand in the way of Charlie Hebdo if they wanna make fun of the Jewish Religion.

Look threw the publications of Charlie Hebdo and you'll see a satire magazine far more interested in questioning French Politics than Islam.

Again do your research.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
    Aug 13, 2013
    So do you follow the bible now with its talk of incest, virgin rape and killing babies! even religious people in the west can see through for the farce that it is(Serbs again busnian /christian zionism support israel/ iraq war early 2000) and its too much violence and incitement to extreme violence'
    sorry my bad english(so difficult typing english)

Mohad

The Ocean Star
    May 20, 2009
    Religion coupled with reason can be a good deal. Blindly believing in God and taking everything a thousand year old book says for granted is silly though. In my view you have to focus on the values the religion conveys. Compassion and basic kindness are emphasised in lots of religions.

And there's no reason it can't work for Islam. In fact there was a time when Muslims were very tolerant and put an emphasis on scientific development.
    You are mixing between Islam and "radical" Islam, unless you find difficult to see the difference.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Your lack of intellectual and historical insight is baffling.
    He is somehow right! This is coming from a religion hater! I probably hate it more than you.. But like I mentioned earlier, the old testimony of bible is full of shit thou, "Eye for an eye" kind of crap..

I have enough information about new testimony, and yeah I doubt you can find anything that supports what crusaders did..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)