Charlie Hebdo massacre - 2015-Jan-07 (2 Viewers)

OP
Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #1,001
    What does that have to do with forgiveness between the two religions? :D

To your point about Hebdo, you didn't see extreme Christians kill 12 and 4 hostages, you saw the other side. That's the point I'm trying to make :p
    But even Christians forget that message as we witnessed July 22 2011 in Norway.

Or as we've seen with the attacks against Muslims post-Charlie Hebdo.

I will say tho that "forgiveness" as a value lies deep within most Christians and cultural Christian I know.

To me it's one of the most beautiful things ever and I can't help but being touched when I see families of victims advocate peace and forgiveness rather than revenge and punishment.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005

Or as we've seen with the attacks against Muslims post-Charlie Hebdo.

I will say tho that "forgiveness" as a value lies deep within most Christians and cultural Christian I know.

To me it's one of the most beautiful things ever and I can't help but being touched when I see families of victims advocate peace and forgiveness rather than revenge and punishment.
    I don't disagree there.

But that's the point I am trying to highlight is that the Bible (NT), forgive others is a must. It's in the Lords praryer, its all over. I haven't read the entire Quran, yet, so maybe I'm missing where it says it there but all I have been seeing in the Quran is that God is forgiving and merciful but it doesn't always make the claim that Muslims should walk that same path. The closest thing I see there is that when someone accepts Islam, then you forgive them for their past, etc. Christianity teaches, for those who interpret that way, to forgive regardless....and if someone is far from the path then you actually pray for that person.

Again, because my wife is Muslim I've only started learning about Islam not even a year now so, again, apologies if I am missing something. Usually this is when I reach out to @Ze Tahir for clarification.

Anyways, my instincts tell me one religion teaches more tolerance than the other. And this is also a source of a few arguments between the wife and I :D

OP
    Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #1,003
    Worse: it helps justify Israel's cruelty to a lot of people.
    Netanyahu have already used it as an argument against the recognition of Palestine and to call every Jew 'home'. (can't find the article)

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Netanyahu have already used it as an argument against the recognition of Palestine and to call every Jew 'home'. (can't find the article)
    When I went to Jordan a couple weeks ago. I went to Jerusalem (obliviously for the first time) for a sort of pilgrimage I guess. Took me 5.5 hours to get across the Border when its literally an hour drive from Amman. Only took me 1.5 hours to get back into Jordan. Security was ridiculous, sorta was thinking to myself why we can't build a fence like that here. :snoop:

OP
    Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #1,005
    Security was ridiculous, sorta was thinking to myself why we can't build a fence like that here. :snoop:
    Because even the most hard-headed Republicans can't help themselves to a nice glass of Napa Valley Zinfandel :wine:

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Because even the most hard-headed Republicans can't help themselves to a nice glass of Napa Valley Zinfandel :wine:
    I wouldn't call myself hard-headed. Stubborn is a notch below.

Actually, if my wife were here reading this over my shoulder she would probably agree with you.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    And sadly a possibly future French president.

Talk about creating a divided society. Islamic terrorist might hit us again, but those to be afraid aren't us Christian/Atheist/Jewish Europeans.

If the Right Wing keeps it's progress going we shall soon see 1930s liek actions.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way todays cover of Charlie Hebdo is a beauty.

"All is Forgiven" :heart:

For the sensitive I put a spoiler on

Just to be sure, is there some hidden joke in there that I am missing or something?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003

Breivik is a poor example. He's the odd lunatic acting out a solo mission. The attack on Charlie Hebdo is quite different. An entire organisation backed these people.

OP
    Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #1,009
    Just to be sure, is there some hidden joke in there that I am missing or something?
    Nope. A message of forgiveness and a man (open to interpretation) that could be Muhammed.

I personally think it's a beautiful cover.

As a Muslim friend of mine said: "The biggest sin wasn't to draw Muhammed, it was to kill 12 of Gods creations." and he was certain that the Prophet and God saw it the same way.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    Nope. A message of forgiveness and a man (open to interpretation) that could be Muhammed.

As a Muslim friend of mine said: "The biggest sin wasn't to draw Muhammed, it was to kill 12 of Gods creations." and he was certain that the Prophet and God saw it the same way.
    Our token at work said the same thing

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005

And that's the way this should have been interpreted. :tup:

Of course, Turk & Rebel won't see it that way.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011

Just checking :D. Very nice then.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Great.

So @ReBeL, what do you think about this phrase:

"The biggest sin wasn't to draw Muhammed, it was to kill 12 of Gods creations.".
    Well, here we go. This will be interesting. Makes me almost wish Turk was here to respond. Then again, he thinks Pearl Harbor was a conspiracy and our own government giving us a self-inflicted wound for justification to enter into WWII.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)