Charlie Hebdo massacre - 2015-Jan-07 (8 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Well, in this case it is a problem with Islam. I would say, in general, its a problem with radical fundamentalists.

Yes, but you see, that's an easy statement to make. Sure, you have the occasional weirdo neo nazi catholic moron.

But you have hundreds of muslim terrorist attacks. It's not just a problem with fundamentalists. It's a problem with muslim fudamentalists. Time and time again. How anyone can still claim that this is not a problem with Islam is beyond me.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I just read it was a shooting in southern Paris and how 2 are injured, one cop. One guy was arrested.
There was also a blast at a restaurant in Lyon believed to be near a mosque....

I see where this is going...

- - - Updated - - -

All the smart people on earth should just get together and prove religion is wrong.. Prove there are no gods.. 99% of the murders and wars wouldn't happen if religion stopped existing...

Too bad some people still need an imaginary friend in their lives and/or need to live by some god damn book
Even if there was no religion,humans would still find a way to kill each other.

enzo

May 14, 2012
True. I would start with investigating private Kindergarten and schools, their backgrounds, it's founder's philosophies.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
It's what you get with fairly constant terrorist attacks in the name of Islam. Not to mention the fact that the muslim community never responds harshly to these attacks either. The lack of response might even indicate a sort of sympathy for this kind of behaviour.

Yes, I too see life becoming hard for muslims. But there comes a point where you have yourself to blame.
that is the biggest load of bull and usually comes from people so insulated they probably dont know any muslims, who in your opinion can come out and speak for muslims?

this was following the beheading in london

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
that is the biggest load of bull and usually comes from people so insulated they probably dont know any muslims, who in your opinion can come out and speak for muslims?
I live in Antwerp. The odds of me not knowing any muslims are virtually nonexistent... It's also not necessarily about leaders speaking out for muslims. It's just that among muslims I know here, I see very little reaction. And if there is one, it is usually one of being offended. The underlying theme probably being well, he did offend the prophet.

It's annoying. It's time to acknowledge that Islam has a problem. You don't need to do away with Islam as a whole to solve it (although I honestly don't see a big role for religion in the future), but you do need to solve the problem. And that starts by admitting there is one.

If you claim the religion of Islam is hijacked, you should start looking for reasons why Islam is targeted instead of christianity. Why do we have so few christian terrorist organizations as opposed to so many muslim ones?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I live in Antwerp. The odds of me not knowing any muslims are virtually nonexistent... It's also not necessarily about leaders speaking out for muslims. It's just that among muslims I know here, I see very little reaction. And if there is one, it is usually one of being offended. The underlying theme probably being well, he did offend the prophet.

It's annoying. It's time to acknowledge that Islam has a problem. You don't need to do away with Islam as a whole to solve it (although I honestly don't see a big role for religion in the future), but you do need to solve the problem. And that starts by admitting there is one.

the problem is known to anyone who looks into the history of islam since its inception: lack of central authority.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
the problem is known to anyone who looks into the history of islam since its inception: lack of central authority.
Hmmm.. It could be an explanation. But central authorities in themselves can pose a danger too. I think that the tribalistic highly ritualised practice of Islam is also an important factor to consider. Especially because it is reinforced with the lack of a central authority.

Then again, for a religion to have any meaning whatsover you need rituals. And tribalism also makes people feel as if they have found their place in the world.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Hmmm.. It could be an explanation. But central authorities in themselves can pose a danger too. I think that the tribalistic highly ritualised practice of Islam is also an important factor to consider. Especially because it is reinforced with the lack of a central authority.

Then again, for a religion to have any meaning whatsover you need rituals. And tribalism also makes people feel as if they have found their place in the world.
look up khawarij, if you dont know them already. Islam is so open to interpretation, it allows for the wackiest of people to justify their actions with religion.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011

It's annoying. It's time to acknowledge that Islam has a problem. You don't need to do away with Islam as a whole to solve it (although I honestly don't see a big role for religion in the future), but you do need to solve the pproblem. And that starts by admitting ther
If you claim the religion of Islam is hijacked, you should start looking for reasons why Islam is targeted instead of christianity. Why do we have so few christian terrorist organizations as opposed to so many muslim ones?
So the evidence you are using to implicate the Muslim community as a whole is purely anecdotal.and derovre from
Your surroundings which Are non muslim?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
So the evidence you are using to implicate the Muslim community as a whole is purely anecdotal.and derovre from
Your surroundings which Are non muslim?
We're not in a court of law. Don't act as if we are. I'm not trying to have the muslim community sentenced. Besides, it is impossible to provide a negative evidence, thus proving the lack of response is virtually impossible anyway.

I am saying that it is undeniable that Islam is the only religion in the world to be linked with terrorism on such a regular basis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)