Chapel hill murders (1 Viewer)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Crazy ass atheists, can't control their tempers! We have to stop this atheist agenda of taking over our parking spots. I say we start deporting people with sketchy driving histories and deny citizenship to those atheists intending on carrying out carpark murders.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Attachments

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
oh no je suis's till now?? this incident has clearly shown the hypocrisy and double standards of the media coverage ( it took forever for them to even bring it up, off course i shudder to think had it been the other way around what would've been the scenario )

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm a bit dubious on this one. The officials are saying the murders stemmed from a local neighbor dispute over parking. That sounds trivial and mundane, but with nut-jobs that's not uncommon. We have people in my neighborhood in SF who practically come to blows over parking spots.

What I raise yellow flags on is the danger of labeling the murder of anyone who happens to be Muslim (or Christian or Jewish, etc.) as a "hate crime" -- as all the implications seem to be on this one. Even more ridiculous is the suggestion that the mainstream media are turning a blind eye to the religious implications of this because the victims are Muslim. It's not like the guy walked into a mosque and started shooting the place up. We don't know shit yet.

When people get into hatred and arguments, they often grab the nearest tool they can find to beat you with. It could be because you're fat. It could be because you wear your pants around your thighs and have your underwear hanging out. It could be that you're black or Mexican. It could be because you have a headscarf or a yarmulke. That's not the same as saying that the murders are religiously motivated.

People are too quick to jump to conclusions on this...

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I'm a bit dubious on this one. The officials are saying the murders stemmed from a local neighbor dispute over parking. That sounds trivial and mundane, but with nut-jobs that's not uncommon. We have people in my neighborhood in SF who practically come to blows over parking spots.

What I raise yellow flags on is the danger of labeling the murder of anyone who happens to be Muslim (or Christian or Jewish, etc.) as a "hate crime" -- as all the implications seem to be on this one. Even more ridiculous is the suggestion that the mainstream media are turning a blind eye to the religious implications of this because the victims are Muslim. It's not like the guy walked into a mosque and started shooting the place up. We don't know shit yet.

When people get into hatred and arguments, they often grab the nearest tool they can find to beat you with. It could be because you're fat. It could be because you wear your pants around your thighs and have your underwear hanging out. It could be that you're black or Mexican. It could be because you have a headscarf or a yarmulke. That's not the same as saying that the murders are religiously motivated.

Yep.

However, what it does show in almost perfect clarity is that atheists can be violent nutjobs too, just as much as religious people can (not that that needed any proof, but there seem to be a lot of people convinced of this). And just as was pointed out on the previous page, I'm very certain that had the same incident happened with a devote muslim/christian killing atheists over the exact same issue, public debate would concentrate on the religious aspects (as well).

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yep.

However, what it does show in almost perfect clarity is that atheists can be violent nutjobs too, just as much as religious people can (not that that needed any proof, but there seem to be a lot of people convinced of this). And just as was pointed out on the previous page, I'm very certain that had the same incident happened with a devote muslim/christian killing atheists over the exact same issue, public debate would concentrate on the religious aspects (as well).
Did anyone believe there was an "athiest exceptionalism" to begin with? That's nuts to begin with.

Atheism is a creation of man's own thoughts and beliefs, just like any other religion. It's subject to the exact same human frailties and shortcomings as anything else. And thus it's, IMO, rather irrelevant on the surface.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
oh no je suis's till now?? this incident has clearly shown the hypocrisy and double standards of the media coverage ( it took forever for them to even bring it up, off course i shudder to think had it been the other way around what would've been the scenario )
That guy made the earth a little bit better place, cheers!
Juventino[RUS];4822755 said:
:touched: -reputation

I warned all of you long time ago, but you don't listen

Oh, and he killed them because of parking lot, so it's have nothing in common with atheism #failbythebelievers
I guess there really are morons on both sides.

Mar 9, 2006
Yep.

Number of non-believers in the jails in the USA - 2%, and how many of them are atheists? I'd say 1%, you can't put an atheist clichce on each non-believer, some people just dont give a fuck

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Did anyone believe there was an "athiest exceptionalism" to begin with? That's nuts to begin with.

Atheism is a creation of man's own thoughts and beliefs, just like any other religion. It's subject to the exact same human frailties and shortcomings as anything else. And thus it's, IMO, rather irrelevant on the surface.
Of course it's never been an intelligent sentiment in any way, that's why I included what's written in the bracket ;)

However I did find it to be not too uncommon, and not just in people like RUS. There's quite a lot of folks out there who believe that religions are to blame for a huge part of violence in the world, and that without it, aka with atheistic hegenomy, these problems wouldn't exist.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009

What I raise yellow flags on is the danger of labeling the murder of anyone who happens to be Muslim (or Christian or Jewish, etc.) as a "hate crime" -- as all the implications seem to be on this one. Even more ridiculous is the suggestion that the mainstream media are turning a blind eye to the religious implications of this because the victims are Muslim. It's not like the guy walked into a mosque and started shooting the place up. We don't know $#@! yet.

Simply put, blame the media.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Of course it's never been an intelligent sentiment in any way, that's why I included what's written in the bracket ;)

However I did find it to be not too uncommon, and not just in people like RUS. There's quite a lot of folks out there who believe that religions are to blame for a huge part of violence in the world, and that without it, aka with atheistic hegenomy, these problems wouldn't exist.
OK, I get it. In which case, RUS is the nutjob. But we already knew that. :D

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Juventino[RUS];4822765 said:
Number of non-believers in the jails in the USA - 2%, and how many of them are atheists? I'd say 1%, you can't put an atheist clichce on each non-believer, some people just dont give a fuck
Thank you for providing such a nice example of how some/many atheists treat their non-belief as a religion. I mean this is exactly the same line of argument as "the terrorists are not real muslims". Not that I think that argument is necessarily flawed, but it's telling how someone supposedly standing above religious thoughts and attitudes resorts to the exact same thinking, proving that they are not all that different after all.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, I get it. In which case, RUS is the nutjob. But we already knew that. :D
Yeah, but there are imo a lot of actually rather smart people who think along the same lines, though not as extreme.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
You guys best not be talking shit on RUS. He's at his crib right now preparing to cyberhack you all while eating babushka's potato stew.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
1-2-3
you better hide behind a tree
3-4-5
you can run but you can't hide
6-7-8
RUS gon' show up late
9-10-11
to take your ass to heaven

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)