Chapel hill murders (1 Viewer)

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Don't worry about my beliefs. You should rather worry about your beloved Muslims brothers that are killing each other every day while being busy crying about some simple cartoons.
Way to jump over different subjects. Nice try.

I was born and still living in Saudi Arabia, the majority here don't care about stupid and lame cartoons for your information. Only mad people who joined to terrorist organisations outside of the region.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Way to jump over different subjects. Nice try.

I was born and still living in Saudi Arabia, the majority here don't care about stupid and lame cartoons for your information. Only mad people who joined to terrorist organisations outside of the region.
:tup:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Someone mentioned intellectual enlightenment can't be had when brought up in such conservative counties like Saudi Arabia?

Hmm. Tell that to Martin Luther or Galileo. Pretty sure they lived in extreme times under a much more powerful religion stifling any attempt at enlightening other people at the time but they seemed to make out and change the world and how certain things were viewed, whether science or religion.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Someone mentioned intellectual enlightenment can't be had when brought up in such conservative counties like Saudi Arabia?

Hmm. Tell that to Martin Luther or Galileo. Pretty sure they lived in extreme times under a much more powerful religion stifling any attempt at enlightening other people at the time but they seemed to make out and change the world and how certain things were viewed, whether science or religion.
There are always exception to the rule. Looking back, growing up in the Middle East I think my thought process was definitely narrow. It took Tuz and meeting more intelligent people at home in India to open up my mind. So yeah, it's harder to achieve intellectual enlightenment in a country where you could get jailed for a tweet or a blog (Technically it can happen in India as well btw. Difference being here people can and will protest the arrest and you have a better chance of getting out)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Back in the 15th/16th century Europe was dark but the rest of the world was darker. So it was the weak link where masterminds and revolutionaries had eventually to push through the darkness. And yet for one Galileo there were 10 Giordano Brunos burned at the stake.
Why would a Saudi scientist risk to be beheaded for "performing magic" if he can just move to a civilized society and practice there? Galileo had no place to go where he might have gotten less repression than where he already was.

Middle East will never be civilized.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
icemaη;4825066 said:
There are always exception to the rule. Looking back, growing up in the Middle East I think my thought process was definitely narrow. It took Tuz and meeting more intelligent people at home in India to open up my mind. So yeah, it's harder to achieve intellectual enlightenment in a country where you could get jailed for a tweet or a blog (Technically it can happen in India as well btw. Difference being here people can and will protest the arrest and you have a better chance of getting out)
:tup:

Btw., a jewish man was killed last night by the terrorist outside the Jewish synagogue in Copenhagen.

The terrorist was killed this morning by the Police.

Good riddance. Sadly, this will only create a bigger divide in the Danish Society :(

- - - Updated - - -

Middle East will never be civilized.
Of course it will.

But what many of The Golden Age dreamers always forget is that Freedom of speech, science, thought and expression was a key part of the Islamic Golden Age.

IS and simpletons dreaming of the Caliphate will never reach a Golden Age.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)