Championship Manager 4 (1 Viewer)

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Yeaah!!! CM4 is finally here, **** school, **** girls and **** my friends finally i can play this long waited game"

That was what half of the earths population was screaming when they saw CM4 in the nearest computer store.

Buts is CM4 what we all expected???

Is it really a new manager revolution???

Does it content all the promises???

They promised ultimate realistic, but is it???

NO! I DON'T THINK SO!!!. I am really disapointet. IMHO it doesnt have what it should have (yes even after the patch).
I just can't see what could take so damn long time to make a game when it not even haves half of the features CM3 had.
There are many things CM4 Doesnt have that i miss from CM3.

They promised hight and weight on players.

They promised that the game could run on slow CPU's.

They promised that we could see the balls hight in 2D view but we didnt get the promises.

We didnt even get a "Next match" button so we could see who our team is gonna play next and how many times your team has played against your apponement. And they also removed the "back" button at the bottom, its also kind of anyoing. They removed the graph that shows your teams position troughout the season. Many talents from CM3 haves been removed (even when they promised the largest database of them all).
And the game IMO is really slow, especially when you use the "tactics" button.
Its also kind of anoying that it doesnt memorize when you choose defensive(or any other selection) view in the team selection.
And when we talk about realism, i think that the players often get injured, almost 1 player after each mach. 95% off all the goals your team score is scored by the attackers, in the real life the strikers doesnt score that much, even trez scored more goals than he played games in my game.

All this is mayby not that important for the game but its still a shame that many features haves been removed.

The game also have new great features like:

2D match view.

Supportes "BUH" the away team and sings/play on drums, the sound is general good.

Many real life loans/transfers is correctly updated.

Roma is not superior any more.

More options when you try to buy a player.

And u can actually exchange players :eek: :eek: :eek:

Believe it or not, you can also buy Ronaldinho in the 1 season :eek: :eek:

There are plenty other things that is better. But my conclusion is that the game still is a beta version, can't wait for the next patch to come out.

Whats your opinion about the game? pros, cons, etc etc...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
That's a great post, Art! You should copy that one to the forum at sigames.com.

Cons
+ slow as hell
+ numerous other bugs I pointed out last time
+ keyboard shortcuts don't work in all screens
+ lameass confirmation popups
+ funding is incredibly exaggerated, Juve have a starting transfer capital of €10m, at which price you can't get one star player
+ You can't influence loan deals, seemingly you own the players but you can't bid on them nor can you call off (or at least negotiate) the loans
+ No co-ownerships as far as I can see
+ No captain selection screen, like you have with penalties and set pieces there should be a screen to pick your cap, players in order.

Pros
+ 2D engine isn't as lame as it looks when you actually play a game

Jul 28, 2002
wooow u guys r a better review than the other media forms:D

i havent got the game yet so all ur vast, experienced knowledge of cm will cum in great use when i decide whether or not to get it:cool:

OP
Art^

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    Whats makes me most pist, is when it doesnt memorize my attributes selection when you pick your players to the next match. And that the positions at the bottom doesnt glow red when a player is unavalible. And in CM3 you could see who your apponement was right at the top left corner, but now you need to go all the way into the fixtures to see who you are going to face next.
    Just a shame so many people had big ekspectations and they got a half-finished game after so many delays.

But somethings says me that Sigames didnt put that much hard work into this version to test it because they knew it would sell like bred and milk

I read a review from www.sigames.com (offcourse)

Judge it yourself

http://www.eurogamer.net/content/r_cm4_pc

corrupt? or stupid?

My Advise. Stick to the patched cm3 version until some more patches is released to CM4 if you haven't bought CM4 yet

OP
    Art^

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
    Jan 11, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    Well be carefull with being to optimistic. The realism is really lacking, you can sign players at the age of 13 :eek: and some of them are better than players like Tacchinardi :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jul 28, 2002
    wot??? omg

surely not ... that wud be stupid....omg they must be lacking in sumink, .....tactics, non visable stats sumink........no way

btw what is our team like?? we poo agen??

OP
    Art^

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
    Jan 11, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    Alex, its not even garbage its the crap inside the garbage.

The review doesn’t mention the bugs AT ALL! Even if the screenshots shows that the version isn’t even patched. And in the unpatched version u could even see your finances.
    But still the reviewer some how managed himself to give it a 10/10 :LOL:
    And the most funny is that the review is showed on sigames HP :LOL:

John#10:
    Both yes and no. Our players is more "poo" than CM3 although juve won the scudetto after CM 2001/2002 release, and somehow I though that juve would be better in CM4 like many other people, but I was wrong. In the start of the season some crappy magazine writes out juves chances of winning the scudetto, both Milan, Inter and Roma are more favorites according to the magazine.
    “So we still aren’t sigames favorite team… So What!!! But please… Roma! Don’t make me laugh, sigames!!!”
    But although player stats are decreased and we aren’t the favorites to win the scudetto, it seems that juve are winning most of the games in Serie A. And trez keep scoring like the opponent doesn’t have a keeper.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    Ok Guys I Have Got The Game and it contains some Minor Bugs to be fixed which i think will be fixed in the next patch. and except for the slowness of the game which can be solved by Lowering the Player database size It is a fantastic game and as for The Transfers system i think it is more realistic now.
    Don't forget that this is the first release for Cm4 While CM01/02 Is The Third release in The Cm3 Series.
    CM4 Is Great :thumb:

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    Well Martin and "Art", I see you're having a jolly good time dissing the new game. However, much of your clever little "analysis" is just in-correct and wrong, you smugfaced hooligans. The new game is great, Juve has a great team and our players are far from "Poo", maybe it's time to wake up and smell the next generation!!!:(:fero::D

OP
    Art^

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
    Jan 11, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13
    well im just saying my oppinion, can you please tell me yours then?

Is the game a new manager revolution? If you say yes, please tell me something that CM4 haves that other CM doesnt have?

Is it realistic that you get almost a player injured every match?.
    Is it realistic, that almost every goal is by a striker, and we all know that tacchi an nedved also can score.
    Is it realistic that 13 year old children are in the game and some of them are better than some pro players in juve? Is it realistic that you cant even recall your loaned players out when you owe them?

The transfers is improved, but u can get players like Wayne Rooney on a free transfer at the season start.

Guy's the game will probably be better with time, but i just think that there are to many bugs ATM, and it doesnt deserve a 10/10

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    Why do I sense you are drunk right now? :D
    :D:D:D

No, not at the moment, I just felt being dramatic. On a more serious note I think CM4 is pretty good, I'm having a good game with Lyn, I think the game will absolutely superb in a few updated(like CM 03-04).

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
    Is it realistic that you get almost a player injured every match?
    Yes
    Is it realistic, that almost every goal is by a striker, and we all know that tacchi an nedved also can score.
    Yes
    Is it realistic that 13 year old children are in the game and some of them are better than some pro players in juve?
    Haven't seen it and doesn't believe it.
    Is it realistic that you cant even recall your loaned players out when you owe them?
    That depends on the loan deal, you know, when you negotiate it. You need to pay attention when you negotiate!
    it doesnt deserve a 10/10
    Yes

I will tell you more about what I think later, now I have to go to sleep. Just remind me sometime, or else I will forget:)

OP
    Art^

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
    Jan 11, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16
    Search after players like Paim and Freddy Adu at the season start. Maybe you get surprised

Im not going to start a war here, just telling my opinion that im going to hold on to

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    it's very disappointing.all that hype,all that waiting,all those delays and most of all EMPTY PROMISES?dp the highest valued player in the world:LOL: playing 13games with only one goal scored by a player other than dp and trez.and even then,it's scored by the AM!

pre season-all my players(trez,dp,neddy,davids,buffon,thuram etc.) are all "very poor"on morale.the reason?they're unsettled.and we've won all our friendlies and none of them have got injuries!we play the first game of the season (CL against partizan)and we draw 0-0.immediately everyone is "very good" on morale and happy playing for the team.what crap is this?

you can get players like claudio lopez,santiago canizares and carsten ramelow at the end of the season on a bosman transfer.and they're worth more than your average first team!

juve starts with a 6.75m budget.what's that for?buying some useless reserve?is that all juve can afford?or do we have to sell in order to buy,leeds style?and you don't even get to spend money the club earns through ticket sales.

we have three upcoming young talents in enzo maresca, massimiliano vieri and fabian carini. and they're on co-ownership!not permanent transfer!when you begin the season half you first team and virtually the whole of your reserve team is on loan.i had tacchi and neddy injured and davids suspended.i had to end up playing players like pessotto and zenoni in midfield to cope!all this when sigames could have let us recall players.if the other party can terminate loan deals why can't we?tell me that.

every time you press 'continue' you're brought to your message inbox when there's nothing to see.every single match,you have to re-select your captain again.all this could have been fixed!playing CM4 feels like playing a demo!:fero:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Btw the scoring is really ridiculous, Trez scored 28 goals in 26 games in Serie A, 36 in 40 overall. And just to compare...

Alex 19 in 40
    Salas 3 in 7
    Di Vaio 4 in 8
    Zalayeta 4 in 3
    Nedved 2 in 42
    Camo 4 in 25
    Davids 2 in 44
    Tacchi 2 in 26
    Olivera 1 in 10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)