[Champions League] Real Madrid vs JUVENTUS (11/05/08) (4 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
due to work commitments i only seen the second half(but have it recorded thanks to sky+) and all i can say is :touched: there was not a single failure out there tonight! Sissoko was fantastic,delpie was only denied a hat-trick by the width of the post,nedved was disciplined when his instinct must have been to bomb forward, chiellini was exceptional though lucky to escape a card,legro was IMMENSE....i could go on but when even molinaro is having a great game then you know that we have every chance of winning.
this is juventus,when the chips are down we scrape through, when things are expected we exceed expectations and when the big guns come calling...well we show them just what wearing the bianconeri really means to every player lucky enough to pull on that strip! exceptionally proud of the boys tonight,they showed an incredible amount of courage, determination but most of all...spirit

we may not be quite good enough to win it this year but one thing is for sure, if the Champions League is decided on pure heart, then Juventus would be the clear winners

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
To be honest, apart from the goals, he wasn't as involved in the general play as he could have been.

A 9 or 10 performance is not only scoring the goals, but also terrorising the defence all game and being the commander of the match. That said, it's not Ale's fault that he didn't do that, because we were playing somewhat conservatively.
It wasn't just Del Piero out there. But what he did and the impact on the game was immense. Sometimes it's a matter of timing. You can be on the pitch for 90 minutes, and it's just 1 or 2 that really matter and change the result. Kind of like a reverse-Boumsong effect.

But he was clutch bar none. And for that, and his team leadership on a pitch where Juve hasn't won since 1962, I gave him a 9.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
one word to sum up our performance: professional.
It wasn't glitzy or glam but we did exactly what we had to do and we played in my eyes, to say we were away from home, pretty much the perfect game.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
well i usually hate to admit it, but its kind of true. at least 1 out of the 3 was a penalty.. But who cares! What matters is the final score..
Forza Juve! Great game, Great score..
i do only remember the incident where chiellini pushes rvn while he never in two lifes would have gotten the ball because it goes straight to our keeper (so when he has no chance to reach it, it is not the unjust prevention of a chance).

and the other one where legro heads the ball and raul goes down raul did not even try to head the ball, so should he be awarded for going down and not even trying to get to the ball ?

i know that there are refs that would have given a penalty for that but lets just say that we worked for our luck.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
due to work commitments i only seen the second half(but have it recorded thanks to sky+) and all i can say is :touched: there was not a single failure out there tonight! Sissoko was fantastic,delpie was only denied a hat-trick by the width of the post,nedved was disciplined when his instinct must have been to bomb forward, chiellini was exceptional though lucky to escape a card,legro was IMMENSE....i could go on but when even molinaro is having a great game then you know that we have every chance of winning.
this is juventus,when the chips are down we scrape through, when things are expected we exceed expectations and when the big guns come calling...well we show them just what wearing the bianconeri really means to every player lucky enough to pull on that strip! exceptionally proud of the boys tonight,they showed an incredible amount of courage, determination but most of all...spirit

we may not be quite good enough to win it this year but one thing is for sure, if the Champions League is decided on pure heart, then Juventus would be the clear winners
nicely put, juve would def win if it was based on pure heart and determination:flag2: :flag3:

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
Ranieri asked me to post this only for Cronios and he also told me to send it with love:

“The usual suspects will start insulting me again the moment we are defeated! Don't worry about that.”

Now soap it.
Ranieri is growing some balls. I like that.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Ranieri asked me to post this only for Cronios and he also told me to send it with love:

“The usual suspects will start insulting me again the moment we are defeated! Don't worry about that.”

Now soap it.
Cronios is a good guy boss. I'm sure he is happy as much as everyone else. Let's celebrate :pint:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Legro's handball was noway a penalty but Legro vs. Raul and Chiellini vs. RVN were debatable I concur.
Every handball can be given a penalty but a sane ref would never give penalty for Legro's handball.

Just like a sane ref would have never given that penalty on Milan-Napoli because that one was also ball to hand from close range.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)