[Champions League] Juventus vs Zenit ( 17th September , 2008) (10 Viewers)

Juve's MOM

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Chiellini

• Sissoko

• Del Piero

Results are only viewable after voting.

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
the point that you are not getting is, that giovinco cannot play a defense splitting pass when he does not get the ball because we waste our possession by playing long high balls out of the defense. giovinco is not the type of player that will run to his own penalty area and collect the ball from the defenders so he would have had very few balls (while he would certainly be outmuscled while trying to get to the end of the crap long balls we played to the attack most of the time).

the most realistic theory is that you might have split your brain by watching giovincos defense splitting passes...

your logic is "when we play bad and do not have possession another attacking player will help"...

lets play with 5 strikers, so we get a better chance against zenit !

damn, your thoughts are so retarded that this tactic would not even work in the lamest football manager (not even mentioning the real world)

you are the first guy in my whole life that i find so annoying that i put you on my ignore list ... and man.... i read some dumb stuff in my life, but that just tops it all ...
But Gio is not a pure striker, he would have been used a creative midfielder, playing the role of Camo

We also played with 2 DMs, while Nedved and Sali do some defensive work, so if Gio replaced Nedved or Sali, we wouldn't be risking our defense because we will still have 2 DMs and Nedved/Sali

Plus we were playing long balls because there wasnt a good link between our DMs and attack, as Nedved was totally marked by 2 players, Gio would have made the job easier

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
the point that you are not getting is, that giovinco cannot play a defense splitting pass when he does not get the ball because we waste our possession by playing long high balls out of the defense. giovinco is not the type of player that will run to his own penalty area and collect the ball from the defenders so he would have had very few balls (while he would certainly be outmuscled while trying to get to the end of the crap long balls we played to the attack most of the time).

the most realistic theory is that you might have split your brain by watching giovincos defense splitting passes...

your logic is "when we play bad and do not have possession another attacking player will help"...

lets play with 5 strikers, so we get a better chance against zenit !

damn, your thoughts are so retarded that this tactic would not even work in the lamest football manager (not even mentioning the real world)

you are the first guy in my whole life that i find so annoying that i put you on my ignore list ... and man.... i read some dumb stuff in my life, but that just tops it all ...

giovinco played mostly as a winger during his stint at empoli, and quite effectively too; now if you tell me you d take brazzo over giovinco when you re trying to score in that situation then you take the cake for annoying

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
But Gio is not a pure striker, he would have been used a creative midfielder, playing the role of Camo

We also played with 2 DMs, while Nedved and Sali do some defensive work, so if Gio replaced Nedved or Sali, we wouldn't be risking our defense because we will still have 2 DMs and Nedved/Sali

Plus we were playing long balls because there wasnt a good link between our DMs and attack, as Nedved was totally marked by 2 players, Gio would have made the job easier
Actually we would suffer with Gio as Zenith played with 5 in the middle and we with 4. Also 3 of their MD were going forward.
I saw Gio against Artmedia, and he had only one right pass, Gio was totally lost in that game..Sali was obvious choice

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
am so happy ...... i was pissed cause i didn't see the match but after i read goal i was so fuckin happy its a good day now . but i fuckin hate justin.shit

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008

giovinco played mostly as a winger during his stint at empoli, and quite effectively too; now if you tell me you d take brazzo over giovinco when you re trying to score in that situation then you take the cake for annoying
i do know that giovinco did often play on the left wing for empoli ... fact is, that camoranesi does do more for the defense that giovinco does ... there are games where he is just everywhere and also doing decisive interception in front of our defense.

sali does not offer anything going forward, yes ... but there is the question what was ranieris intention ?

you do know the games when grygera will have his blunders and leave the right side open to attacks ... ( who could have thought that grygera would have one of his better days?) ? the other option is going for the one point (while drawing) because the chance of losing while having a bad-day grygera and a not very defensive giovinco on one side is bigger than the chance of giovinco scoring more goals than we concede ... remember that they had much more possession than us.

i repeat ... we did not have much possession because the passes we played out of our own half were either hasty or to unprecise.

if we had more possession and just the lack of someone capable to bring the ball forward, then i agree giovinco could help ... but giovinco has nothing from running after crap passes (where you can bet your ass that a 50/50 pass will most of the time end zenits players getting the ball).

i do like giovinco, but i must say that just because a player has some skills it is not the all-holy recipe to win every game ... furthermore this russian players did do well to kick the hell out of us ... would you like a game where giovinco has to run after crap passes, where some of this lumberjacks runs in full tempo and does a scythe on him ?

more time for giovinco, yes, but not in any game ... those who do call for that just need lesson in tactics and how the game is played .... or just talk to people that know football from watching it in the TV and have no knowledge either

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
Actually we would suffer with Gio as Zenith played with 5 in the middle and we with 4. Also 3 of their MD were going forward.
I saw Gio against Artmedia, and he had only one right pass, Gio was totally lost in that game..Sali was obvious choice
I dont want to repeat myself, maybe he was when Camo was injured, but when we are playing at home an important game that we must win, and a whole hour passed, while we can't create a single real chance , we should look for a solution

We cant defend against Zenit at home, that's stupid and that was exactly what we were doing, I believe Gio should have replaced Sali at 70' or something, that would help creating more chances, while Grygera sticks at the back to cover the area behind Gio

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Very tough game I'm glad we got the win guys, and that goal was amazing. Error or not, he shot it beautifully. Another positive note was de ceglies performance, did very well.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
+REP

at least someone that did uninstall football manager already and learn how it's played in the real world =)

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
De Ceglie showed once again he's more capable than Molinaro as left back. Brilliant game by Chiellini.. tough game, good result. We should be glad we won, Zenit aren't a small team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)