[Champions League] Juventus vs Zenit ( 17th September , 2008) (13 Viewers)

Juve's MOM

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Chiellini

• Sissoko

• Del Piero

Results are only viewable after voting.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
It's fucking great to be back. Seeing the team lineup to the CL anthem gave me chills (only to turn to rage once all streams stopped working for the 1st half)

Zenit move the ball very well, but lacked that final punch in the box. For all their constructive possession, we still had more shots on net, and more shots in total, which is pretty good considering we lacked ideas for the majority of the game (other than capitano, fucking legend).

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
i dare to say that if gio played for sali then we might have lost today ....

we had to run all the time to close zenit down.... giovinco would not have done better in that then sali ... i do not say he did anything special, but he does not stop running and closes down on the enemy .... that was very important today ... we already played with one player less then them because trez was a let down today (but nothing that came of surprise)
you cant defend with 9 against 11 !
maybe we needed Sali more than Gio, but still he should have been brought later, we needed more creativity and we only depended on DP who finally saved the day

sacrer

Nov 6, 2006
I hope Ranieri learns never to play Molinaro anymore... DC was great, he still has a lot to learn, but even now he is far better then Molinaro..

Appart from that, the game was average, too bad for Camoranesi, I hope it;s nothing too serious. You can easily see the difference in games with and without Camoranesi. This is why when Camo is gone we should have Seba on the pitch to help out the midfeild

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
i dare to say that if gio played for sali then we might have lost today ....

we had to run all the time to close zenit down.... giovinco would not have done better in that then sali ... i do not say he did anything special, but he does not stop running and closes down on the enemy .... that was very important today ... we already played with one player less then them because trez was a let down today (but nothing that came of surprise)
you cant defend with 9 against 11 !
If you put it in that way, Camo is defending even less then Sali. Would we also have lost the match if camo stayed on?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think he learned the main thing.
NO Molinaro anymore. We have a much better LB than Moli.
I wouldn't be too sure. I mean, how long does it take for this shit to sink into his brain? It was obvious just by seeing DC for us in Serie A that he was better than Molinaro.

If DC isn't our main left-back from now on, that is simply inexcusable.

Sep 14, 2003
Match highlight, apart from the goal, was the smile on Nedved's face as the teams lined up, CL theme filling the stadium.

Alex, Momo and Chiellini were the best players in a largely forgetable match.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
maybe we needed Sali more than Gio, but still he should have been brought later, we needed more creativity and we only depended on DP who finally saved the day
i agree that no one could guess that del piero would save us again but the way the game went gio was not needed.

if we had more posession and did lack creativity despite having the ball often i would say "ok, bring on gio", but in this game we had very few good balls in front so having gio on the pitch would have rendered him useless for the most of the time ...

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
:lol2:

GREAT reply. Thank you.

Giovinco needs to be on the bench and anybody who says otherwise is simply defending Ranieri.

Agree, the fact that Giovinco is not even in the bench is just barely and plain stupid. And if Giovinco doesnt play form the fist minute in the next game then he better find a club in january that actually knows how to handle a great young player, and we can keep depending on Del Piero saving our ass every single damm time

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
i agree that no one could guess that del piero would save us again but the way the game went gio was not needed.

if we had more posession and did lack creativity despite having the ball often i would say "ok, bring on gio", but in this game we had very few good balls in front so having gio on the pitch would have rendered him useless for the most of the time ...
Do you write for Goal.com? Because you should.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)