[Champions League] JUVENTUS 2-0 Celtic (March 6, 2013) (6 Viewers)

MOTM?

• Buffon

• Barzagli

• Pogba

• Matri

• Quagliarella

• Pirlo

Results are only viewable after voting.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
now you're just speaking nonsense :)
:D

I will try to explain and then have to go to count sheep - you can't speak of value comparison of two very different entities that offer you very different things in return for your money. E.g you can't say in a sports car I want what Maserati offers and then counter that with "but a GTR/Vette is cheaper, so I am gonna go it that instead. Why? Because a GTR offers something comepletely diff than a Mazerati, so there is no basis for comparison in value between the two as you'd be getting different things in return for your money. To make it clearer - you compare a GTR with other similar sports cars that have superior acceleration and handling as top priority - Vette, Porsche, Viper, etc - and then you determine which one gives you better value but you do so for cars that are comparable to one another. A Maserati, as I mentioned earlier, is a car with a rather diff purpose than those above, which means you have no basis for comparison, hence cannot determine a better or worse value, only lower and higher price.

As for comparing a Ferrari with a Maserati - it's still way off target as the former cost considerably more and are pure sports, albeit exclusive, cars that do not focus on luxury, comfort of the ride etc. ... i.e. Ferrari's and Maseratis may have similar engines but have very diff philosophies behind them - and quite frankly the fact that Fiat/Ferrari owns Maserati, should be quite telling of thisas it makes little sense to own a direct competitor.
Same goes for comparing Lamborghinis with Maserati.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I'd compare it with a Porsche 911 then. It's better performance wise and it is also exotic and comfortable. Or Audi R8. Beats it in every category.

And I don't think anyone would want what Maserati offers in a sports car :p

Lambo is owned by VW btw, just sayin' :)

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I'd compare it with a Porsche 911 then. It's better performance wise and it is also exotic and comfortable. Or Audi R8. Beats it in every category.

And I don't think anyone would want what Maserati offers in a sports car :p

Lambo is owned by VW btw, just sayin' :)
Porsche 911 is a wonderfully balanced sports car but doesn't offer the ride comfort, luxury of a Maserati - Porsche is a sports car, Maserati is a luxury, plush sports car better suited for long trips than pushing into tight corners.

Well, you are wrong there - it's more or less why anyone would consider getting an M6, really - for the plush ride and luxury in a sports car, not for superior acceleration and handling.

wasn't implying Lambo was owned by FIAT just that, like most Ferraris, they are pure sports cars that don't have luxury and comfort as top priority.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I think you are missing the point, ALC - Maserati are plush, luxury touring sports cars and aren't build with the same philosophy/purpose as say a GTR or a Vette or even a Porsche. Sure, for less or about the same money one can get a better sports car (faster, better cornering, etc) but you wouldn't be getting the elegance and luxury of a Maserati.

All in all, it's not just about how much money it costs but what you are looking for in return too.

you must be expiating for quite the crime to display all this patience, you are talking to people who prolly dont even have a drivers' license :p

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
now you're just speaking nonsense :)
No he is not (atleast only), he is talking about prestige and luxury in a brand when saying value, not actually talking practical performance value of the car part for part compared to the others. Plus IMO Maserati = flush, elite reputable brand. Better cars? Yes, but are those said cars better advertisement for ze high life? Unlikely. How hard is this to get?

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Just got back home from this game. Not much to talk about from a performance standpoint, but I've never seen a group of fans continuously sing loudly when being hammered and for a team that showed no desire or fight (after half time anyway).
They were still singing and chanting for the full tram journey and then in the city centre until pretty late. (Which included the funny chant of we are not the Napoli people).

The amount of Celtic fans openly in the est section was pretty irritating, but luckily I didn't see any altercations.

On the car topic in this thread, I think acmilan summed it up pretty well but I don't think they will understand what you're trying to say.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
you must be expiating for quite the crime to display all this patience, you are talking to people who prolly dont even have a drivers' license :p
Says the guy who didn't make a single argument about why he thinks Maseratis are worth it and instead just resorts to calling others dumb and saying we don't have a driver's license.

- - - Updated - - -

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Can we quit calling them out as gingers ?

Its celtic, they are a bunch of pathetic cunts, yes, their morron coach has orange hair yes.

Doesnt make them the ginger NT. Please, think of the shame you'd bring the ginger population
You had no problems picking on jews, but have a problem with calling Celtic ginger united?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Says the guy who didn't make a single argument about why he thinks Maseratis are worth it and instead just resorts to calling others dumb and saying we don't have a driver's license.

- - - Updated - - -

the only car remotely comparable is the R8, and thats a frickin audi, the GT is one sexy coupe with a ferrari engine, really a no brainer, unless the cars you know are on pictures

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)