[Champions League] JUVENTUS 1-1 Shakhtar Donetsk (Oct. 2nd 2012) (36 Viewers)

JUVE 1-1 Shakhtar Man of the Match

• Marchisio

• Bonucci

• Pirlo

• Asamoah

• Chiellini

• Will.i.an

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Why are we talking about Juve penalties? Shakhtar had a 100% penalty foul on Tito Jackson not given, which would also have been a red for Lichtsteiner.

Not sure where the ref was from, but he was $#@!e.
He was Dutch. And he gets his fair share of criticism on a weekly basis here too :D

I don't buy these 'they were tired' excuses. Roma wasn't the toughest of matches and we cruised in that match for 30-35 min's.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Our team is tired? It's fucking early October and they're professional footballers, how the fuck can they be tired?

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
you think so ?

Lots of juve players are accustomed to playing in cold temperatures.

Shaktar is supposed to be even better at it, yet their keyplayers are all brazillian. They will play less in the cold.

We go there, after 2 games versus the danes, whilst they got chelsea two times. Pretty certain we should be ahead in the table so they are forced to control the game

I think, we'll do better then we did today
don't believe that , they play in the cold every week and i don't think it matters if they are brazilian or african , they are accoustomed to that , on the other hand we will jump from italy temperatures to very very cold temperatures , our players will definetly have more problems

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
If Asamoah is going to continue to play like this at LWB we are going to need to buy a new one, I am getting very annoyed with him getting so far up the pitch than turning backwards or passing the ball sideways.
He was never a LWB anyway, he needs to be in the center. Otherwise his going to go all humbly patient and lose his aggression.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
:cronios: I can see our next two CL games being even more frustating maybe a win and a draw. A win against shaktar at their ground and maybe a draw against chelsea.
exactly, lets look at the next games

G3 : danes vs juve
shaktar vs chelsea

G4 : juve vs danes
chelsea vs shaktar
===========================
G5 : danes vs shaktar
juve vs chelsea

G6 : shaktar vs juve
chelsea vs danes

Chelsea will be forced to go all out against shaktar. by the time they come against us, they should be "safe"
we get 2 games against the danes, we should take 6 points there. 4 is realistic, but we should push for 6 really

i think it comes down to not losing the final game

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
The team still has a lot to learn, true.

What I don't understand is why the hell did we change our attacking tactics. We don't attack in numbers anymore like last season. We just pass it to our forwards and if the same forward manages to control it (a big IF), we pass it to either Vidal, Marchisio or Licht. This is done to open up spaces, but bar Vucinic, none of our strikers can properly or are strong enough to hold the ball.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'm scared that now our group is set up just like the 09-10 CHL group and I hate that we are relying on Chelsea to do work for us since there is little hope of getting a win in Hoth when we play Shaktar in mid December. We've probably just sealed our own fate tonight.
:agree:

I think its just about done. 4 games left for this season CL.

Japp

Sep 19, 2012
Buffon 6
Barzagli 6.5
Bonuci 7
Chiellini 6
Lich 4
Vidal 5.5
Pirlo 6.5
Marchisio 6
Asa 5
Matri 4
Vucinic 4

Gio 3.5
Quaq 5

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Our team is tired? It's fucking early October and they're professional footballers, how the fuck can they be tired?
This. It's bullshit that they are tired, they all rested v Roma after 19 minutes of football, perhaps the rest has made them sloppy? However this is the second time in 3 games we've played like this, something is wrong.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
3-5-2 not good for matches like this.. yea it totally works for Seria A weak teams. i mean C'mon today was the first match made me get scared of losing with our new team. Shachkter had the balls to attack us, and we let them play their game on our own stadium. and playin' long balls is just getting annoyin' and we suck on it too. so Conte needs to improve his approach more. but all i can say that thank God we got a draw tonight cause we deserved to lose.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
don't believe that , they play in the cold every week and i don't think it matters if they are brazilian or african , they are accoustomed to that , on the other hand we will jump from italy temperatures to very very cold temperatures , our players will definetly have more problems
There is snow in turin during the winter, just saying, it gets pretty cold here.

If their best players were russian, then i'd worry

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The team still has a lot to learn, true.

What I don't understand is why the hell did we change our attacking tactics. We don't attack in numbers anymore like last season. We just pass it to our forwards and if the same forward manages to control it (a big IF), we pass it to either Vidal, Marchisio or Licht. This is done to open up spaces, but bar Vucinic, none of our strikers can properly or are strong enough to hold the ball.
We changed our attacking style yet we keep Bendtner on the bench and play Quag-Gio which makes absolutely no sense at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)