[Champions League] Chelsea 2-2 JUVENTUS (19th September 2012) (60 Viewers)

MoM?

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Vidal

• Marchisio

• Lichsteiner

• Quagliarella

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Anybody know some Chelsea forum? I would like to see what they are thinking...probably praising their prestige club. :seven:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
You know, I'm thinking we should play 4 at the back (Licht & Chiellini as RB/LB) considering we need to handle Hazard & Mata.
@Red

What do you think?^ 352 or 433?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
You know, I'm thinking we should play 4 at the back (Licht & Chiellini as RB/LB) considering we need to handle Hazard & Mata.
@Red

What do you think?^ 352 or 433?
In theory, I'd always prefer a back four against a team playing 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

However, it's slightly different against Chelsea since at least one of their wingers will tend to drift inside at any given time.

Also, I'd be concerned playing a back four with Pirlo in front of it being left to pick up Mata or Hazard. Juve probably need the third (spare) CB to be ready to step forward to confront whoever is in the trequartista position for Chelsea.

I would also say that it probably wouldn't be a great idea to suddenly change to a back four for this game, since Juve haven't been playing that way so far this season.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
I have managed to get out of going to work and have booked last minute box seats for this game. Having sat at Craven Cottage and witnessed that humiliation so soon after sitting in the Olimpico di Torino and witnessing the mauling against Bayern, it has been a long wait to finally get to see us in Europe again. I hope I'm just not cursed on when I go to see us play.

Cautiously optimistic for the game and I think we can put up a real fight in a game we are not expected to win.
Man you're lucky. A bit jealous...

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
As an asshole, I approve the map posted by @JuveJay.

I speak for all assholes when I do, including our @Honorable Member.

Libertarians' Wet Dream and Tech Support :lol2:

Bjork :D

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
In theory, I'd always prefer a back four against a team playing 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

However, it's slightly different against Chelsea since at least one of their wingers will tend to drift inside at any given time.

Also, I'd be concerned playing a back four with Pirlo in front of it being left to pick up Mata or Hazard. Juve probably need the third (spare) CB to be ready to step forward to confront whoever is in the trequartista position for Chelsea.

I would also say that it probably wouldn't be a great idea to suddenly change to a back four for this game, since Juve haven't been playing that way so far this season.
:tup: Thanks

352 it is then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)