[Champions League] Chelsea 1-0 JUVENTUS (02/25/09) (1 Viewer)

Mar 30, 2006
Beats me. I really think Giovinco will have given the defenders a massive headache. It makes me wonder y Ranieri still doesn't wanna play Giovinco. Nedved cannot hang on this long anymore and Marchionni is way too inconsistent. I will actually like to see Iaquinta on the right wing instead of Marchionni.
Marco can beat his man one on one though and we will need that in the second leg. He showed he is not afraid to run at the Chelsea defenders and scared them a good bit. With Camo out it is best to not experiment and play Marco. Giovinco would be useful in doing a similar job on the Left wing as we will ned penetration and players to run at the chelsea defenders inorfer to score goals but Nedved was great against Chelsea. We could try playing him in the center though.

--Del Piero-----Amari----

Giovinco--Nedved--Momo--Marco

Molinero--Chiel--Leggro---Mellberg

-------------Gigi--------------

I would be tempted to play IQ or Trez at somepoint given the DP and Amauri tandem's lack of goals recently. Also with Gio,Ned and MArco I think we would not have to worry about getting balls into the box.

In reality though I think Ranieri is going to play MArchisio with Momo, NEdved on the Left and Marco on the right. That could also get the job done imp and would be defensively more sound. The key thing for us is keeping the clean sheet. We can get goals without having to go super offensive (we defn could have easily scored in the first leg)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Marco can beat his man one on one though and we will need that in the second leg. He showed he is not afraid to run at the Chelsea defenders and scared them a good bit. With Camo out it is best to not experiment and play Marco. Giovinco would be useful in doing a similar job on the Left wing as we will ned penetration and players to run at the chelsea defenders inorfer to score goals but Nedved was great against Chelsea. We could try playing him in the center though.

--Del Piero-----Amari----

Giovinco--Nedved--Momo--Marco

Molinero--Chiel--Leggro---Mellberg

I would be tempted to play IQ or Trez at somepoint given the DP and Amauri tandem's lack of goals recently. Also with Gio,Ned and MArco I think we would not have to worry about getting balls into the box.

In reality though I think Ranieri is going to play MArchisio with Momo, NEdved on the Left and Marco on the right. That could also get the job done imp and would be defensively more sound. The key thing for us is keeping the clean sheet. We can get goals without having to go super offensive (we defn could have easily scored in the first leg)
This is actually good stuff. Really worth a try

I'm definitely sure of Marco's abilities, but sometimes he can get so inconsistent that he irritates you. When he is on form, he is dangerous as seen in the Parma days, but he has yet to put that sort of performances in a Juve shirt yet. Another alternative is to play Giovinco, a player who will cause so much headache to the Chelsea defence.

It is good to see Nedved performing against Chelsea, but I don't see Nedved being a 90-minute player now. He definitley needs more rest, not playing week in and week out and show up on the pitch against Chelsea in the return leg. If Nedved can give such a great performance against Chelsea @ Stamford Bridge, I don't see why eh can't perform in the home leg.

Chiellini needs more games to gain his fitness and sharpness. He seemed to be day-dreaming against Chelsea until he got a rude awakening from the Drogba goal. Legro needs a stepup from this performance. Mellberg should start as a RB and Molinaro should improve massively otherwise he will be shot.

As for Momo's partner, I will say Marchisio gets the nod. We will most probably see something like this:

---------Del Piero-----Amari----

Nedved--Marchisio --Momo--Marco

Molinero--Chiellini-- Leggro---Mellberg

Giovinco for Marco and Trez to come in the 2nd half if the scoreline is still 0-0
Hopefully we don't end up in penalties

Sir Psycho Sexy

I AM CANDREVA (kholsit!)
Sep 19, 2008
IF u guys insist that the worst performer plays again ( momo sisucko), then pairing him up with marchisio would be the best option ... cause then we will have some brains in the middle!, i dont hate sissoko,great work rate! but he is a stupid big blind man chasing a ball!...

Jan 22, 2009
Guys do you think Marchisio can handle such an important role in such a crucial return leg? Im love to see him getting more playing time and gaining self confidence but one yellow card due to his desire to play or unexpirience in the first half will either get him a second one till the end of the match or either will take him out of proper action being booked early! Anyway I ll cheer for him if he gets the nod

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
why is there no middle ground here? you either think they were lousy or good?

tbh i have not seen anyone on here raving about that performance but i ahve seen that there is a great sense of realism that this was a decent result,especially considering how sloppy our distribution was. yet we still caused chelsea problems! the return leg we will certainly not be this sloppy and i feel we can stop chelsea playng and get the goal we need,then we just have to be patient. amauri bullied their CB's and will do so again, if we can get del piero pulling some strings and another good performance from neddy then chelsea are there for the taking.

we are not good enough to win this competition(unless we get a freaky amount of luck0 but we are beginning to show that we are not afraid of anyone

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
That's a fucked up fixture to be honest. Look at the matches we have in the next 12 days, fuckin unbelievable..
We have three forwards and we have to use them perfectly up until the next leg against Chelsea. We also had better to try trident and see if it works. Oh and give Nedved a rest for God sake.

Sir Psycho Sexy

I AM CANDREVA (kholsit!)
Sep 19, 2008
Guys do you think Marchisio can handle such an important role in such a crucial return leg? Im love to see him getting more playing time and gaining self confidence but one yellow card due to his desire to play or unexpirience in the first half will either get him a second one till the end of the match or either will take him out of proper action being booked early! Anyway I ll cheer for him if he gets the nod
ummm DUH!!! ... he was the reason we defeated real madrid anyways!!!

Sir Psycho Sexy

I AM CANDREVA (kholsit!)
Sep 19, 2008
Not sure you know what you talking abut...Del Piero singlehandedly defeated them!
man its not all about the goals, and who socred them, even though i agree that del piero raped them ... we could have scored 2 and them 2 and so on ... but marchisio was there to make sure they didnt score and he assisted in making the goals happen ... plus it was very obvious that when he came on in chelsea game alot changed for us ! :D

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
del piero beat them more than marchision imo..anyways..about the players that ranieri will use ...i know that he will use a more attacking approach....i think giovinco will start..hopefully trez will hit some goals before the chelsea game. i would bench amauri or use a trident.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
why is there no middle ground here? you either think they were lousy or good?
Does it end only here?

You are either a football genious or have no clue about football.
You are either a loser or a winner.
You are either a true Juve fan or you should go support Treviso.
You are either a Secco cocksucker or a Secco hater.
You are either a Ranieri lover or a Ranieri hater.
You either bash the board or you have no clue about anything.
You are a moron if you don't agree.
You dream of mediocrity if you don't bash Molinaro.
You suck Secco's dick if you don't agree that he is a useless cunt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)