[Champions League] Chelsea 1-0 JUVENTUS (02/25/09) (1 Viewer)

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
the thing is that this is the same Chelsea team who were playing final last year, and same team was a winner of numerous cups, and 2 championships just few years back. They just changed coach, and now everyone will work extra hard to prove his worth including coach..

On another side, we have team with Grygera, Molinaro, Melberg, and few with brave heart and few others either not fully fit or bit old to play every game at constant high level.
Only if every single player do more than 100% we can do it..We saw against Inter , we could not even connect 2 balls together...

Of course I would love it to pass Chelsea but please gentleman...

Mar 24, 2006
the thing is that this is the same Chelsea team who were playing final last year, and same team was a winner of numerous cups, and 2 championships just few years back. They just changed coach, and now everyone will work extra hard to prove his worth including coach..

On another side, we have team with Grygera, Molinaro, Melberg, and few with brave heart and few others either not fully fit or bit old to play every game at constant high level.
Only if every single player do more than 100% we can do it..We saw against Inter , we could not even connect 2 balls together...

You are a Londoner :pumpkin:

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

We are not going to struggle because this is not the Chelsea of last year, far from it... 10 points of the pace from the league leaders justify my claim... Their awful form at the Bridge which was once a fortress is another point...

Their defence is not in order... Two weeks is not enough to plug that hole...

If Amauri plays, Terry is in for a bad surprise... Terry has been in average form all season... Almost all of their attacks come through the middle and it all depends on how strong Sissoko stays and how many balls Tiago clean up...

All said, they are still better players than ours... We might not win or we might even lose at the Bridge, but I don't think Juventus needs to be scared of Chelsea...

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Its going to be tough. But we are facing a Chelsea team which is disjointed and not moving with momentum. While our own momentum isn't great, the spirit in the Juve camp must be greater than that at stamford bridge.

And we DO have players who play with their heart on their sleeve. Chiellini and Buffon can raise the standard of the defence to impregnable. While Legro will undoubtedly raise his game if he has Giorgio on his shoulder to support him.

Sissoko is incredibly important in this tie. If he is on his game, together with Chiellini and Buffon, the spine of Juve will be immense and flexible. The midfield battle we can win. In attack we have players capable of not only unlocking the defence but of scoring. The only area we seem truly suspect is at fullback. It may well be down to Molinaro and Grygera to decide whether we win, draw or lose, because of one of those two has an off-day, we could get hammered.

Ranieri knows many of the Chelsea players. And he is respected not just by them, but also by the fans, because they realize that Mourinho's success at the helm was largely down to the signings, and integration of those signings into the first team, which Ranieri produced the season prior to the Special One's arrival. I don't think that this can do anything other than aid our cause. Nobody at chelsea will be itching to hurt the old man, whereas if we take Manchester United against Inter, many of the man u players will be fired up to face Mourinho, because they likely despise him. Arrogance in England is not applauded.

Buffon
Grygera Legro Chiellini Molinaro
Camo Tiago Momo Nedved
Del Piero Amauri

that is a fine team, with Trezeguet to come on in the second half. I will be happy as long as Marchionni doesn't enter the fray, because playing him in front of grygera is suicidal. Nedved can provide cover in midfield for Molinaro, and Camo is talented enough to make Grygera's job basic; win the ball, clear the ball, play to camo. With marchionni on the field, grygera has no outlet and no support if faced with a heavy onslaught.

Will Giovinco get a look in***

And is the midfield certain to be Camo, Tiago, Momo, Nedved***
I cannot predict a winner.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
the thing is that this is the same Chelsea team who were playing final last year, and same team was a winner of numerous cups, and 2 championships just few years back.
Yeah but the same can be said about last year's and even this year's Milan. Every successfull generation, with the same 6-7 core players, usually has 4-5 great years and it's a free fall after that. Lippi's and Sacchi/Cappello teams from the 90's, Manchester from the late 90's/early 2000's, Ancelotti's Milan etc.
I believe it's the same with this Chelsea. All it is needed now is the final punch, the KO, and we can safely say that it's the end of this cyclus for their generation.
I have no idea if Juve will be the team with the final punch, i'm not even sure if we're strong enough to knock this generation of Chelsea down, but we're given the chance to do it. Their core players are either injured or they're underperforming (which is normal since now most of them are +30). The timing to "kill" the strong Chelsea of the last 5 years is perfect. Manchester took their chance with Juve in 1999, Porto took their chance with Manchester in 2004 and Arsenal took their chance with Milan last year. Lets see if we can do the same to Chelsea.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Average year of birth of predicted starting elevens.

Juventus: 1979 (If Tiago and Grygera play)
Chelsea: 1980 (Unless Ivanovic or Kalou will play)

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Yeah but the same can be said about last year's and even this year's Milan. Every successfull generation, with the same 6-7 core players, usually has 4-5 great years and it's a free fall after that. Lippi's and Sacchi/Cappello teams from the 90's, Manchester from the late 90's/early 2000's, Ancelotti's Milan etc.
I believe it's the same with this Chelsea. All it is needed now is the final punch, the KO, and we can safely say that it's the end of this cyclus for their generation.
I have no idea if Juve will be the team with the final punch, i'm not even sure if we're strong enough to knock this generation of Chelsea down, but we're given the chance to do it. Their core players are either injured or they're underperforming (which is normal since now most of them are +30). The timing to "kill" the strong Chelsea of the last 5 years is perfect. Manchester took their chance with Juve in 1999, Porto took their chance with Manchester in 2004 and Arsenal took their chance with Milan last year. Lets see if we can do the same to Chelsea.
:tup: nice analysis mr. stats

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Its going to be tough. But we are facing a Chelsea team which is disjointed and not moving with momentum. While our own momentum isn't great, the spirit in the Juve camp must be greater than that at stamford bridge.

And we DO have players who play with their heart on their sleeve. Chiellini and Buffon can raise the standard of the defence to impregnable. While Legro will undoubtedly raise his game if he has Giorgio on his shoulder to support him.

Sissoko is incredibly important in this tie. If he is on his game, together with Chiellini and Buffon, the spine of Juve will be immense and flexible. The midfield battle we can win. In attack we have players capable of not only unlocking the defence but of scoring. The only area we seem truly suspect is at fullback. It may well be down to Molinaro and Grygera to decide whether we win, draw or lose, because of one of those two has an off-day, we could get hammered.

Ranieri knows many of the Chelsea players. And he is respected not just by them, but also by the fans, because they realize that Mourinho's success at the helm was largely down to the signings, and integration of those signings into the first team, which Ranieri produced the season prior to the Special One's arrival. I don't think that this can do anything other than aid our cause. Nobody at chelsea will be itching to hurt the old man, whereas if we take Manchester United against Inter, many of the man u players will be fired up to face Mourinho, because they likely despise him. Arrogance in England is not applauded.

Buffon
Grygera Legro Chiellini Molinaro
Camo Tiago Momo Nedved
Del Piero Amauri

that is a fine team, with Trezeguet to come on in the second half. I will be happy as long as Marchionni doesn't enter the fray, because playing him in front of grygera is suicidal. Nedved can provide cover in midfield for Molinaro, and Camo is talented enough to make Grygera's job basic; win the ball, clear the ball, play to camo. With marchionni on the field, grygera has no outlet and no support if faced with a heavy onslaught.

Will Giovinco get a look in***

And is the midfield certain to be Camo, Tiago, Momo, Nedved***
I cannot predict a winner.
I've seen a lot of Chelsea this season.

They have always struggled to break down ultra defensive sides despite being patient throughout a match. Part of their ongoing problems in maintaining a challenge to Manchester United is their obvious lack of good passing and movement off the ball. In the EPL this season and last they have struggled to beat sides that are the equivalent of clubs like Torino, Catania and Reggina.

I don't think we should be pessimistic going into this match. After all we saw off Real madrid twice in the group stage. And it's not as if Chelsea have a visionary like Fabregas or Xavi in their ranks.

I'd be happy with a 1 - 1 finish but will pin my faith in a victory tomorrow night.

Stay positive.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
what annoys me the most is the fucking talk in media about italy vs england and every socalled expert has his opinion on this topic... and i don't like the juve can win talk in paper we had this before the inter match...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)