[Champions League] Celtic 0-3 JUVENTUS (February 12, 2013) (133 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
With Asa and hopefully chiellini back in the return leg I hope we smash them 3-4 zero gain those fcking yankers. Whole of UK should be ashamed of them and their attitude. If you celtic honestly think you dictated play you are an idiot. Juventus controlled the play they sat back soaked the pressure allowed you forward and we hurt you. You did not pin us back no no no no no WE allowed you to attack us and that's why teams in Italy know not to fully attack Juve. At JS you will see Juves otherside and show you how schoolgirl you really are.

- - - Updated - - -

good riddance to a team with no class and players who accuse others except themselves including their own team mates.
Fcking commons what a class act team player he is. I applaud you commons for your team unity you fckin muppet

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I thought the British teams loved a good physical battle, adore getting "stuck in" to opposing teams...but when the shoe is on the other foot, they start crying and acting like bitches? Absolutely hilarious. Sorest losers in the game. Always have been always will be.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Commons is such a class act. He should have been sent off for his studs up challenge on Pirlo. Or am I thinking of Brown's studs up challenge on Pirlo? I don't see what Celtic have to complain about. THe battery they gave to Pirlo was much worse than anything that happened in the box before corners.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
A lot of it can be put down to the differences between British & Italian football. Honestly the kind of marking Juve did on corners could have led to penalties in the British game and I was definitely shouting for them last night. Holding your arms out while running with & marking a player at a corner would be considered "obstruction". But we have to remember we were playing an Italian team with a Spanish referee and things are different in other countries.

It was a mistake for our fans to expend so much energy on that. It's easy to get into the mindset of "the ref is against us" when a few decisions don't go your way. But I actually think that more than anything was what kept us out the game. If the fans had got behind the team more at 1-0 like I know they can instead of spending all our energy shouting at the ref we could have possibly brought it back. This is one of our major faults at this level. When decisions don't go our way we have the tendency to think the entire world is against us and waste so much time complaining about it when the best thing to do is just get on with it.

Also you have to remember the importance of this game for us. With Rangers not in the league this year we are guaranteed to win the championship. This match was probably our last meaningful game of the season and fans had built it up so much in their heads. This is what happens when you lose a match like that 3-0. Fans have the tendency to look at a few innocuous decisions and say "we were cheated!" rather than face the truth that we were just outplayed by a very good team.

This isn't even mentioning the persecution complex a lot of Celtic fans have. We represent a minority group in our country (Irish) and despite being a big team we have often got a raw deal from referees in our own country. A lot of those people have a point when it comes to Scotland, I've seen some horrendous decisions from Scottish referees in my day. But it's naive to think this persecution also applies to UEFA.

There were a couple decisions I wasn't happy with last night but I don't think they would have changed the game much at all. Any team who wins 3-0 are clear & deserved winners. The reason we lost so heavily was because of our own inexperience at this level. I honestly think if we (players and fans) had handled some of these issues better at 1-0 down we could have come back into it. Any Celtic fan saying we were "cheated" is just bitter in my opinion. I'm bitter too. This was our game of the season and we're out of the tie before the second leg. It's just unfortunate that a lot of people have to find someone to blame when in this instance the blame might lie with themselves.
hats off.

At least they are some celtic fans with objectivity around.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It's still beyond hypocritical that Lennon and all these lame British pundits say anything about Juve tactics and refereeing when they only qualified for the quarters because of that outrageously blatant Samaras dive. He should have been suspended for that dive by UEFA.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Cheating bastarts !! look at him pushing hoopers then diving cuz he knew he could have gave away a pen with the foul. Italians = cheating

Bunch of bogans. How the fuck is there a penalty when the ball isn't crossed yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 133)