[Champions League] Celtic 0-3 JUVENTUS (February 12, 2013) (2 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Another Celtic fan here.

Obviously I'm bitterly disappointed this morning. Not out of any sense of injustice that we didn't take anything from the match because we didn't deserve to. More because I feel we didn't do ourselves justice with the performance. Also it's never nice to lose so heavily at your home stadium and for a team like us it's very rare.

I think the reason many Celtic fans come on here talking shit is what they see as lack of respect from Juve fans. If you look at our home record in Europe you will see it's very tough to come here and take anything nevermind win as convincingly as you did. Despite this record going back over 10 years now, many top European sides (especially English) act like Celtic are a joke and it will be a walk in the park to come win at Celtic Park. We are not seen as a serious team on the European stage because of the league we play in.

I see this attitude is even more prevalent on this forum after last night which is a shame in my opinion as it undervalues what an achievement this result is for you. I think it is the great performance of Juventus that deserves all the credit rather than Celtic being rubbish. If you don't believe me, just look at the stats.

You are now only the second team (after Barcelona) to ever win here in the Champions' League in nearly 30 matches. It's our heaviest home defeat ever in the competition. Obviously I'm biased but in my opinion you have come to the toughest away fixture in the Champions' League, killed the crowd after 3 minutes and picked us off later on the break and won convincingly. I haven't watched Juve for a long time, not since the days of Zidane & Del Piero. But this result and performance proves to me Juve are one of the world's top teams again and I feel you should be proud of your players.

Anyway the tie is over and you have given us a real lesson. I hope our manager & our whole team have learned much and that we can use some of that knowledge the next time we reach this stage. It's good to see such a strong & effective Juve team back at this level and I hope you will go on to lift the trophy in May. Good luck. :beer:
:beer: i salut your team for giving us a hard to time play our own game.
Would you maybe care to eleborate why most of these 'fans' claim we cheated?

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Nah, we won't. We have Napoli-Juve, which could be the scudetto decider, only 3 days before the return leg against Celtic. This further shows how important it was to beat Celtic 3:0. I believe we'll play the full squad in Naples, and we'll give a chance to at least 5-6 bench players when we face Celtic. Pirlo, Buffon and the 3 CBs. Those guys will face Celtic, while the rest will be benchers from the Napoli match (Isla instead of Licht, Peluso instead of Asa, Pogba and maybe Giac for Vidal and Marchisio, and two attackers who won't start in Naples).
One of Marchisio/Vidal start imo. I bet our fowards will be gio-anelka.

- - - Updated - - -

Another Celtic fan here.

Obviously I'm bitterly disappointed this morning. Not out of any sense of injustice that we didn't take anything from the match because we didn't deserve to. More because I feel we didn't do ourselves justice with the performance. Also it's never nice to lose so heavily at your home stadium and for a team like us it's very rare.

I think the reason many Celtic fans come on here talking shit is what they see as lack of respect from Juve fans. If you look at our home record in Europe you will see it's very tough to come here and take anything nevermind win as convincingly as you did. Despite this record going back over 10 years now, many top European sides (especially English) act like Celtic are a joke and it will be a walk in the park to come win at Celtic Park. We are not seen as a serious team on the European stage because of the league we play in.

I see this attitude is even more prevalent on this forum after last night which is a shame in my opinion as it undervalues what an achievement this result is for you. I think it is the great performance of Juventus that deserves all the credit rather than Celtic being rubbish. If you don't believe me, just look at the stats.

You are now only the second team (after Barcelona) to ever win here in the Champions' League in nearly 30 matches. It's our heaviest home defeat ever in the competition. Obviously I'm biased but in my opinion you have come to the toughest away fixture in the Champions' League, killed the crowd after 3 minutes and picked us off later on the break and won convincingly. I haven't watched Juve for a long time, not since the days of Zidane & Del Piero. But this result and performance proves to me Juve are one of the world's top teams again and I feel you should be proud of your players.

Anyway the tie is over and you have given us a real lesson. I hope our manager & our whole team have learned much and that we can use some of that knowledge the next time we reach this stage. It's good to see such a strong & effective Juve team back at this level and I hope you will go on to lift the trophy in May. Good luck. :beer:
Champions 67 :rofl:

Jan 22, 2009
Another Celtic fan here.

Such comments deserves respect though..

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Vidal won't play imo. He's a yellow away from suspension and we won't risk him miss the 1st leg in the quarters. Claudio got a yellow yesterday, so we'd like to protect him from getting another one.
Maybe.. I dunno, it doesn't really matter anyway :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
When do they reset Alen?
22.03 Single yellow cards and pending suspensions are always carried forward
either to the next stage of the competition or to another club competition in the
current season

22.04 Exceptionally, all yellow cards and pending yellow-card suspensions expire on
completion of the play-offs. They are not carried forward to the group stage.

In the 2012-2015 period, the UEFA regulations say that yellow cards are carried forward all the way to the final. They don't reset. I'm not sure where did the talk about not counting the yellows in the knockouts come from.

P.S: They only expire at the end of the season (article 22.05) and they aren't carried forward to the next season.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
22.03 Single yellow cards and pending suspensions are always carried forward
either to the next stage of the competition or to another club competition in the
current season

22.04 Exceptionally, all yellow cards and pending yellow-card suspensions expire on
completion of the play-offs. They are not carried forward to the group stage.

In the 2012-2015 period, the UEFA regulations say that yellow cards are carried forward all the way to the final. They don't reset. I'm not sure where did the talk about not counting the yellows in the knockouts come from.

P.S: They only expire at the end of the season (article 22.05) and they aren't carried forward to the next season.
Wow, that's exactly the opposite of what I'd have expected since I thought UEFA would want as close to strength final as possible, obviously viewing figures would always be high but the quality really would suffer. I'm guessing Conte will eventually have to scatter the suspensions, depending of course on how far we get and who we play. A great shame to a 'premier' competition.

- - - Updated - - -

Sheep shagging scum, never changes. Oh how I missed hurling abuse at fatty.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Another Celtic fan here.

I think the reason many Celtic fans come on here talking $#@! is what they see as lack of respect from Juve fans. If you look at our home record in Europe you will see it's very tough to come here and take anything nevermind win as convincingly as you did. Despite this record going back over 10 years now, many top European sides (especially English) act like Celtic are a joke and it will be a walk in the park to come win at Celtic Park. We are not seen as a serious team on the European stage because of the league we play in.

I think it's merely because of the attitude people saw from Celtic fans their manager and media.

Great post btw.

May 22, 2007
Did you see Storari laughing like a boss!
And Beppe!

Here you go, extended HD highlights (32 minutes) with commentary after the game.

This is exclusive to mods, bookies, contributors and senior members (> 500 posts) for now. :)

http://forum.juventuz.org/ondemand.php

Click "On Demand 1", that's the only one I've set up for now.

2500 kbit btw
Nice.

The post match analysis :lol:

No wonder they're able to say so much nonsense. Nobody contests them.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
This classless unsupportive prick should defenitely be fined/suspended by Celtics management (even if its true, its classless as it gets)...I cant imagine a Juve player saying this publically and seeing the light of day (heck Quag murmured unaudible slur in frustration after a sub and was benched for two months). Or I remember Melo criticised his teammates (bit indirectly) 6 months before he left, attitude like that was big reason why he was sold IMO.

Commons said: "Look, the manager picked him. The manager pulled him to one side and asked him if he was feeling okay. He said he was feeling brilliant. If he wasn't feeling okay then he should have said so. If he felt good then he should have put in a better performance."

"It was just very sloppy individual mistakes – something you'd probably get away with on a playground, not in the last 16 of the Champions League. There are certain individuals who let the team down.
“In the SPL you can get away with not quite playing. You can get away with just turning up and things happening
(did he just insult the whole of SPL? :p).

"Hopefully this is just a one-off. The back four have made errors which have probably cost us the tie. But it's partly down to them why we're here in the first place. It's just a bitter one to swallow."

Edit: Nvm I just saw Marty McFly linked an article of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)