[Champions League] Celtic 0-3 JUVENTUS (February 12, 2013) (11 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
Good analysis from some Milan fan

This forum is ridiculous. Quite obviously a $#@! load of people haven't watched Juventus under Conte.

The whole plan of this system is to absorb as much pressure as you can and capitalize on the oppositions mistakes in which Juventus did perfectly. Its called Cattenaccio. No Libero? Was anyone even watching Leo Bonnuci? Juventus' pseudo 5-3-2-? Juventus do this all the time under Conte in the first leg of a 2 legged tie followed by pure Conte attack in the 2nd.

-Did the same vs Milan in the 1st leg of last year in the Serie A. Guess what happened? Milan fell for the same trap and guess who scored a brace as well? Claudio Marchisio playing in his modified role scoring a brace vs Milan.

-Did it vs Napoli, Lazio, Roma and Napoli in the Super Coppa as well.

-Same blueprint. Marchisio in an advanced role, Vidal tracking the fullbacks. Bonnuci dropping deep and sweeping out from the midfield once the opposition is advanced. Same exact thing while Lennon obviously hasn't done his homework.

Bank of mistakes? Conte does this all the time vs sides who are bound to leave their post open with the consistent attack being eventually locked down open for serious tactical errors and exploitation opportunities left by the opposition. Celtic is so stupid they fell for the same exact trap that Shaktar, Chelsea (1st leg) and countless Italian teams did.

Has anyone even seen football pre-2000s? Anyone seen Enzo Bearzots Italia? Guess what happened? Used the same exact plan and won the god damn world cup.
What in the world were Celtic doing aside from crossing mindlessly into Buffon's hands?

How anyone can call this parking the bus is beyond me. Football is not dead. The classical chess like tactics of yesteryear certainly are being forgotten and not appreciated well enough.

Does anyone even see the scoreboard? 0-3 Juventus.

Massively underwhelmed by Celtic as I hope for them to be a little more tact.
:tup:
Yeah who is this guy?
If he joins juventuz as a milan fan, I swear to God I'll never insult him. furthermore I'll -rep whoever does. :D

Jul 10, 2006
Apparently Celtic fans think they will have gained respect around the world because they ran around like wildmen and failed to be clinical, and Juve will lose respect because we played solid in defense and had the quality to actually put the ball into the back of the net.

If the match ended 0-1, then I would not begrudge Celtic respect for a tough match. But they completely collapsed and were thumped. It's a 90 minute game. If you're going to charge around the pitch like that you had better be able to keep it up, or else you're gonna have a bad time.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
About our game: Loved the work rate of our defendes...and kudos to lichteiner for soaking all the pressure and tauntings from those lowlivers who were ordered to fuck off him and buffon. Disgusting tactic. And then they get mad when every fuker that was send to annoy buffon was parked by Lichteiner.... I mean, they were thinking Licht was going to keep watching that Whopper dude harrasing Buffon? Bitch please.

About Matri,,,, welcome back dude!! I have to apoligize for going to ur thread and fap to your girlfriend time and time again!! but thats partly ur fault for not giving us this kind of performances!!!. Quality right there Matri!! Kep it up! im proud and u shut my mouth!

Loved that analysis from the milan dude.

Certainly...we played a dangerous tactic, and im some good patches it was not catenacio, but in reality Celtic were being pressuring a lot and making us commit mistakes.

But yeah, tactics were created to be used... and celtic didnt used them

To be sincere celtic fans.... between the stubborness of your coach..... and the disatrous game from that andreode defender.... u had simply no hope of survival.

I mean.. wtf are u thinking when u have that kind of defender as ur staple in a CL league game as important as this one, and against a team like Juventus?.

Yourselves are to blame for having SUCH A BAD defender in ur first team

Truth hurts,

cragcrag

Dec 20, 2012
If Marchisio hadn't followed up that first goal, by the way, it wasn't going to be a goal. Neither the ref nor the linesman nor the utterly irrelevant "additional assistant" gave the Matri goal.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
If Marchisio hadn't followed up that first goal, by the way, it wasn't going to be a goal. Neither the ref nor the linesman nor the utterly irrelevant "additional assistant" gave the Matri goal.
That's true and that's why I am giving Marchisio extreme superiority in this match.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Haha and im gonna haha all the way here.

Now they're moaning bout our Licht saying should have been sent off. Pahahahahah! All I have to say is Ambrose is a pro!!!!!

frick

Apr 4, 2010
What I'm thinking as well. And that first goal was really really crucial.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Why did Celtic's coach actually play Ambrose? The guy did everything wrong the entire evening.

I even remember him giving away a corner on Juve's half after he won a battle with Vucinic.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Wow.... Just back from the game and I'm absolutely stunned. That's the biggest loss Celtic have ever suffered at home in the Champions League, and the second ever home loss in the competition.

Juventus were quite content to draw Celtic in and then look for counters, and Celtic were far less than clinical with the chances we managed to create. Juve didn't seem to be pressing anywhere near as high as we usually do and this was obviously part of the gameplan (at least part of the gameplan if we scored early, that is).

I've got some pictures I took during the game which I'll get round to uploading eventually. What a hugely confusing experience that was for me. Atmosphere seemed VERY flat to me considering the occasion. 3-0!? Bloody hell. Juve won't be short on reputation in Europe this season, thats for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)