[Champions League] Celtic 0-3 JUVENTUS (February 12, 2013) (51 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drks

Feb 12, 2013
Not sure why there are predictions Celtic will play a flat 442. We don't really use that system. 451 or 4411 is more likely with Samaras on the left. We frequently use 433 and 3412 when going on the attack, but obviously we'll be 100 times more cautious tonight.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Anyone know when Juve leave Glasgow to head back to Torino?
I would guess tonight.

Not sure why there are predictions Celtic will play a flat 442. We don't really use that system. 451 is more likely, with Samaras as a winger/inside forward on the left. We frequently use 433 and 3412 when going on the attack, but obviously we'll be more cautious tonight.
Does Samaras defend well when he plays on the left? You're going to want someone who'll track Lichtsteiner playing there.

drks

Feb 12, 2013
I would guess tonight.

Does Samaras defend well when he plays on the left? You're going to want someone who'll track Lichtsteiner playing there.

Like everything else about Samaras... sometimes. He's one of those guys who can be awful but is always excellent in big games. On form he's probably best in that position, good on the counter attack and with his height and unpredictability (partly because he doesn't know what he's doing half the time), difficult for wide players and full backs to deal with too. The left back Izaguirre has yet to get back to the fantastic form he had in his first season, but he should be quite good tonight.

That said, Sammy has been carrying an injury, so I am surprised and pleased he's playing... he might not play the full game tonight and we might use Forrest later on, the only other player we have who can really play the role he does for us, but who is only 21.

As I think about it we will probably start with him up front on his own with Hooper behind him, though. That's how we started against Spartak and in the Nou Camp. If it's not going well, easy to change it.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
FFS Celtic should just field their fucking audience best 11 then if they love them so fucking much.

I swear they have more faith in their crowd than their team.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
In an ideal world we get a lucky goal after 4mins and Celtic just fall apart and this whole argument becomes pointless.
I'd love that, a shitty goal from a corner just as they expect Celtic to get. That would make the game far easier, although I suspect we would be quite casual from then on.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
JFG™;4050076 said:
SSN interviewing a behavioral scientist on how important the crowd will be at Parkhead, wish they'd give it a rest already :sergio:
They have to fill the hours up with that sort of crap because their pundits know next to nothing about Celtic or Juve.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
I think the most important factor for our game today is to make sure our players start the game courteously and shift into top gear along the way. The last thing we want is our players to try to get an early lead in order to prove their superiority in quality, which may end up us being exposed at the back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)