[Champions League] Celtic 0-3 JUVENTUS (February 12, 2013) (122 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Indeed.

We may be showing respect for them in interviews, etc, but that's only normal. It definitely doesn't mean we'll have the right mentality or that we won't underestimate them. We had lots of respect for Shakhtar as well, before the first game, yet our actual approach to the game left a lot to be desired & we were quite lucky to escape with a draw.

Then again, we're in the knockouts now. Hopefully that means something.

Can't say I'm not curious to see how we'll do.
What I find more worrying than the potential underestimation, is the fact that most of our players play for the first time in a CL knockout and yet we hold the super favorites tag. We've had some terrible passing throughout the CL group stage, which wasn't the case in serie A. That imo has to do with pressure. Our players are aware of the importance CL has, but they lack the experience to handle that. Look at that photo in the previous page. We only have 3 players who played more than 15 matches in CL and one of them is a goalkeeper. Yes, on the other side we have an even less experienced team, whose oldest player is Marchisio's age. But if there is a team that will find it hard to handle the pressure, then it's gonna be Juventus, imo. I fear that being such strong favorites will do us harm. I still can't see us losing, though.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
@Joel_The_Jo: The weather looks horrendous. How will the Juve boys cope?

@uefacomPaoloM, Juventus reporter: Turin is not a beach resort known for its glorious weather either. The town is currently covered by snow. Honestly I don't think the weather will be a factor tonight.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
What I find more worrying than the potential underestimation, is the fact that most of our players play for the first time in a CL knockout and yet we hold the super favorites tag. We've had some terrible passing throughout the CL group stage, which wasn't the case in serie A. That imo has to do with pressure. Our players are aware of the importance CL has, but they lack the experience to handle that. Look at that photo in the previous page. We only have 3 players who played more than 15 matches in CL and one of them is a goalkeeper. Yes, on the other side we have an even less experienced team, whose oldest player is Marchisio's age. But if there is a team that will find it hard to handle the pressure, then it's gonna be Juventus, imo. I fear that being such strong favorites will do us harm. I still can't see us losing, though.
Hmm. You may have a point as well, but I'm not sure if experience vs pressure is the main thing.
I'd say we played our most convincing game against Chelsea at home, and the pressure was immense back then.
The favourites role, on the other hand, bothers me quite a lot as well.

I can't really see us losing either. Draw seems most likely at this point.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Won't be 4-4-2 from Celtic.

Samaras will play from the wing and one of the midfielders will tuck in and make it a 4-5-1.

Other possibility, with those players, would be Mulgrew playing CB and Celtic going for something close to matching up to Juve's 3-5-2.
Indeed.

We may be showing respect for them in interviews, etc, but that's only normal. It definitely doesn't mean we'll have the right mentality or that we won't underestimate them. We had lots of respect for Shakhtar as well, before the first game, yet our actual approach to the game left a lot to be desired & we were quite lucky to escape with a draw.

Then again, we're in the knockouts now. Hopefully that means something.

Can't say I'm not curious to see how we'll do.
I thought the Shakhtar game was a tactical fuck-up as much as anything. Conte made appropriate adjustments for the game in Ukraine and allowed Juve to do much better.

:agree:

Conte was right when he said the lack of pressure on Celtic could be their greatest weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 122)