[Champions League] Celtic 0-3 JUVENTUS (February 12, 2013) (159 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
We got this guy for £900,000 from Germinol Beerschot in Belgium. A crazy price for a young guy so good.
Usually Dutch teams are quick to pick up players like him, we got in quick.

Why doesn't he play for a big team?
He does.
We cant offer the same quality as Juve, Real, Barca etc, but Man Utd and Arsenal are very keen on him, as apparently was Jose Mourinho.

Trust me, Wanyama will be a top player at a top club within 2-3 years. He has everything.

He and your lad Pogba would make a midfield you'd need to drive a tank through. ;-)

P.s It's not a joke to say he bullied the Barca midfield.
He's also the brother of Maringa MacDonald at Inter. People in the game rate Victor the best prospect.
Do you like East Stirling FC?

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
I wasn't speaking of "taking out Pirlo" in the dirty-play kind of sense but instead removing him from being effective and from orchestrating the Juve midfield.

And that has to be Celtic's gameplan! If you don't focus on removing Pirlo, isolating Pirlo, keeping the ball from Pirlo, he is going to tear up that midfield and no possible future star named Wanyama is going to stop a proven star named Pirlo. It just won't happen. All of Europe couldn't stop Pirlo. I also don't see you lining up with a 3-5-2 and putting 5 in the midfield. Midfield depth is Juve's strength, you know it, we know it. But it's not Celtic's. Pogba would start for Celtic. Also, counter-attack football, with Samaras and Hooper in a 3-5-2, doesn't sound too effective to me. Maybe that's just me.

Paradise Bhoy

Feb 10, 2013
big vic? forster? if that is our obstacle then you have no idea what you are getting yourself in for. its not like hart is remotely close to a world class goalkeeper standard
Forster
2009/10: He was named Norwich's Players' Player of the Year 2010.
20 clean sheets in 42 appearances in all competitions. Club Record.

Celtic 2010/11. 24 clean sheets in 44 matches.
2011/12. 26 clean sheets from 47 games.
Versus Barca due to the calibre of his performance, the Spanish media nicknamed Forster "La Gran Muralla" (The Great Wall)

Subsequent England Call up.

If you don't want to take my word for it, ask this guy........... :D

Feb 11, 2013. Gianluigi Buffon: 'Fraser Forster can become of the best goalkeepers in Europe'

cragcrag

Dec 20, 2012
So gutted I didn't get a ticket to this. And then got offered a ticket but can't go now since I'm working til 8. God dammit.

I'm looking forward to it though. The classic commentary whenever Italian teams play British teams is the tired, outdated, cliché - "blah blah this team will park the bus, play gritty defensive football, war of attrition, grind out the game, sit back, boring football blah blah". Someone remind me how Celtic played in just about every CL match so far this season? Hmm...

So that, combined with the fact the commentators will be bemused and perplexed by our attacking style of football lately should make it an interesting listen. Might not mute Andy Townsend on ITV for once.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Forster
2009/10: He was named Norwich's Players' Player of the Year 2010.
20 clean sheets in 42 appearances in all competitions. Club Record.

Celtic 2010/11. 24 clean sheets in 44 matches.
2011/12. 26 clean sheets from 47 games.
Versus Barca due to the calibre of his performance, the Spanish media nicknamed Forster "La Gran Muralla" (The Great Wall)

Subsequent England Call up.

If you don't want to take my word for it, ask this guy........... :D

Feb 11, 2013. Gianluigi Buffon: 'Fraser Forster can become of the best goalkeepers in Europe'
yeah yeah yeah craig gordon looked like lev yashin in the spl and was made to look like the 2nd coming of Jesus, now look at him.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If you get past Big Vic, you've got Forster to beat.
I know Celtic's defence isn't much good, but I imagine they would occasionally stop an attack that gets past Wanyama before it reaches Forster.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah yeah yeah craig gordon looked like lev yashin in the spl and was made to look like the 2nd coming of Jesus, now look at him.
Gordon is/was a very good keeper.

Stuff about today that he may not play again due to his knee problems.

Socrates

Apr 2, 2012
The game plan wont be to take 'Pirlo out the game'. We are not a dirty team.

He will sit deep in your 5 man midfield (probably to keep him away from Big Vic!)
Lol! Pirlo will sit deep you say? Tell us more please.

Pirlo's been sitting deep practically his whole career. It won't be to keep him away from Big Vic, that's where he always plays.

Paradise Bhoy

Feb 10, 2013
Lol! Pirlo will sit deep you say? Tell us more please.

Pirlo's been sitting deep practically his whole career. It won't be to keep him away from Big Vic, that's where he always plays.
He does???:facepalm:

Well that sure was a lucky guess on my behalf.

We will probably have Brown try to keep near Pirlo.
Brown will be (as always) booked, not for dirty play, but for consistent niggly fouls.

There is no point man marking Pirlo, he's too good for that.:sad:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I don't see this beeing an easy match at all. A narrow win for Juve or possibly a low scoring draw in Scotland.

Return leg in Turin will be a clean 3-0 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 159)