[Champions League] Celtic 0-3 JUVENTUS (February 12, 2013) (95 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Celtic fans are a little ridiculous. I mean, anything is possible, but Juventus is clearly the better team and will dominate the middle of the pitch. Celtic could get lucky on the counter, but it is highly unlikely that they luck out over two legs and beat Juve if Juve plays well. Both teams bringing their A game = an easy Juve win over two legs. Not debatable.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Anything is possible in this tie and we should never underestimate Celtic. Regardless of what everybody says Celtic has defeated Barcelona in their homeground and will surly be pumped up against us. What I dont wish to see is Juventus and Conte treating this game as a walk in the park or we will pay a heavy price. Celtic has rested players in their last game and gave Forster the start to warm up after returning from an injury. I'm sure Forster will play the game of his life against us and hopefully our players will find their scoring boots as it has been a long time since we return to the CL.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Anything is possible in this tie and we should never underestimate Celtic. Regardless of what everybody says Celtic has defeated Barcelona in their homeground and will surly be pumped up against us. What I dont wish to see is Juventus and Conte treating this game as a walk in the park or we will pay a heavy price. Celtic has rested players in their last game and gave Forster the start to warm up after returning from an injury. I'm sure Forster will play the game of his life against us and hopefully our players will find their scoring boots as it has been a long time since we return to the CL.

conte is notorious for that isnt he

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I agree. I still think we'll win, but I sincerely hope that the players do not think of these matches as many of the forum members do.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I agree. I still think we'll win, but I sincerely hope that the players do not think of these matches as many of the forum members do.
I can agree with this. I think if both teams play well, and the breaks split evenly the Juventus 11 is quite a bit better than the Celtic 11, so we win. Yet this is football and the breaks can go either way, and we could play mediocre and they could play the game of our lives again like they did with Barca. However we are a team much better equipped to deal with the physicality of Celtic. Barca got pushed around and was unlucky with finishing. I doubt this happens to us too. I want our players to be confident that we are better, not overconfident, but confident nonetheless.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
conte is notorious for that isnt he
This is Conte's 1st season in the CL and I'm sure he will learn from his mistakes. It has been a rough ride for the team recently with defeats, unjustifiable suspensions and Marchetti performing out of this world against us. I wont be surprised if Forster does a Marchetti all of a sudden as he is relishing the chance to play against Buffon, his football idol.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
This is Conte's 1st season in the CL and I'm sure he will learn from his mistakes. It has been a rough ride for the team recently with defeats, unjustifiable suspensions and Marchetti performing out of this world against us. I wont be surprised if Forster does a Marchetti all of a sudden as he is relishing the chance to play against Buffon, his football idol.

your post is ridiculous, which coach would treat any professional game as a walk in the park let alone a CL direct elimination match-up

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I can agree with this. I think if both teams play well, and the breaks split evenly the Juventus 11 is quite a bit better than the Celtic 11, so we win. Yet this is football and the breaks can go either way, and we could play mediocre and they could play the game of our lives again like they did with Barca. However we are a team much better equipped to deal with the physicality of Celtic. Barca got pushed around and was unlucky with finishing. I doubt this happens to us too. I want our players to be confident that we are better, not overconfident, but confident nonetheless.
That's another thing, we are notoriously bad at finishing.

Socrates

Apr 2, 2012
It's perfectly fine for us to underestimate Celtic. None of us will be on the pitch on Tuesday.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Red, I really enjoy your posts in general and you are usually a level above most posters in here. However, right now I think that your posts in this thread are somehow embarassing. You are hitting Badass level. You might not give a damn about my opinion, but I hope that you might decide to listen to me anyway. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'll just assume you're a glory-hunting tim prick then.
So do you think all the users on this forum are glory-hunting pricks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 95)