[Champions League] Celtic 0-3 JUVENTUS (February 12, 2013) (96 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'd say we get an away goal.. But unlikely we win more than 1-0 or 2-1. Equal chance for a draw of 1-1. Don't think Celtic can put more than 1 by us. Nor stop us from scoring...

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Vuci-Matri as the forward pairing, although that leaves Vuci in danger of needing rest against Roma... So maybe Seba-Matri for Celtic, and save Vuci for mid to late game sub and then starter against Roma?

Jul 20, 2012
Vuci-Matri as the forward pairing, although that leaves Vuci in danger of needing rest against Roma... So maybe Seba-Matri for Celtic, and save Vuci for mid to late game sub and then starter against Roma?
I dont think Vucinic wont play unless he picked up an injury. Also i dont think Conte likes Matri too much and played him only to rest Gio. So im thinking Gio--Vuc but Vuc-Matri is the better pair

- - - Updated - - -

Massive game.

Matri to score the winner.
If he does I will cry out of joy

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I dont think Vucinic wont play unless he picked up an injury. Also i dont think Conte likes Matri too much and played him only to rest Gio. So im thinking Gio--Vuc but Vuc-Matri is the better pair

- - - Updated - - -

If he does I will cry out of joy
You're probably right. I just can't stand how Gio and Vuci play together. They get overpowered so easily by physical teams which Celtic certainly is on the backline. They don't link well at all as they are very similar players with Vucinic being a degree better. We need a proper striker like Matri to play so as to create space and compete with their physicality. Our attack is so much better with him, even if he isn't scoring. It opens up space for our midfielders to make runs also. I don't understand why Conte dislikes him. His workrate is phenomenal, his off-ball movement is amazing, only his finishing can be a touch poor at times, and his first touch can let him down. But if he played regularly with either Vuci or Gio, I bet he nets at least 15 if not 20 on the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 96)