[Champions League] Bayern München vs JUVENTUS (April 2, 2013) (161 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I saw the picture. I think it's 50/50. At the moment the ball is struck, his feet have him in an onside position, while is upper body is past the defender. Rules actually state the attacker should get the advantage in this situation, though I've seen it called and not-called. It's not definite.
It's offside.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
"In the definition of offside position, “nearer to his opponents’ goalline” means that any part of his head, body or feet is nearer to his opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent.The arms are not included in this definition."

hows this not definite again?

- - - Updated - - -

i wonder if his imminence @acmilan will concede how wrong he was

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
"In the definition of offside position, “nearer to his opponents’ goalline” means that any part of his head, body or feet is nearer to his opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent.The arms are not included in this definition."

hows this not definite again?

- - - Updated - - -

i wonder if his imminence @acmilan will concede how wrong he was
his imminence acmilan hopes his imminence X can read said former imminence's posts for what they actually say and not for what said latter imminence assumes they do :D

honestly, where have I said anything that contradicts any of text to the rule in question? The head of the forward - his most forward body part with which he can play the ball (aka hands excluded) is so close to being in line with the most forward part of the defender's body - his trailing left(?) foot - that it is virtually impossible to tell if there's an offside or not in real time, which should result in an advantage to the attacking player i.e. if the ref/linesman isn't absolutely sure there is an offside, he is to let the play continue (this is either written in the rules or was part of the ref seminar on offside calls when they last made adjustment to offside rules, probably both).

If you actually consider that point of view on that frame capture, and also that the Bayern forward is closer i.e. between the observer and the Juve defender, it's actually really difficult to say with definite certainty even on that still shot if there is an offside or not, forget about real time play.

So, I think this is where I ask his imminence X his own question from above? ;)

Patricho

Mar 15, 2013
Not trying to be rude, but some people just don't seem to be well-informed when it comes to offside rules or geometry for that matter. The defender's leg and Mandzukic's head are pretty much at the same height. There simply is no definite answer. Can't get my head around people who claim otherwise.

I'm not only talking about this forum, as I've seen some ridiculous pictures of this situation on other forums too. Actually I'm only talking about the inter forum. Some of their posters are just embarrassingly thick, showing pictures where the ball is in mid air or the correct picture but with lines drawn on it that defy the laws of physics and human sanity.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
his imminence acmilan hopes his imminence X can read said former imminence's posts for what they actually say and not for what said latter imminence assumes they do :D

honestly, where have I said anything that contradicts any of text to the rule in question? The head of the forward - his most forward body part with which he can play the ball (aka hands excluded) is so close to being in line with the most forward part of the defender's body - his trailing left(?) foot - that it is virtually impossible to tell if there's an offside or not in real time, which should result in an advantage to the attacking player i.e. if the ref/linesman isn't absolutely sure there is an offside, he is to let the play continue (this is either written in the rules or was part of the ref seminar on offside calls when they last made adjustment to offside rules, probably both).

If you actually consider that point of view on that frame capture, and also that the Bayern forward is closer i.e. between the observer and the Juve defender, it's actually really difficult to say with definite certainty even on that still shot if there is an offside or not, forget about real time play.

So, I think this is where I ask his imminence X his own question from above? ;)

:D do you sincerely believe you can fool me with this 2 bit argument? what was presented is pretty clear unless you are biased which you obviously are. what you describe above concerns 50 50 instances, this per the picture is not, and how do you know it's virtually impossible in real time? do you have the ref vantage point video to prove that? now what the evidence really shows is an offside situation. Ergo for the nth time, it's a definite case of offside no if's but's or maybe's

N.B: btw i didnt see your forza juve prior to the game, dont you root for us when we play CL for the good of italian football?

- - - Updated - - -

Not trying to be rude, but some people just don't seem to be well-informed when it comes to offside rules or geometry for that matter. The defender's leg and Mandzukic's head are pretty much at the same height. There simply is no definite answer. Can't get my head around people who claim otherwise.

I'm not only talking about this forum, as I've seen some ridiculous pictures of this situation on other forums too. Actually I'm only talking about the inter forum. Some of their posters are just embarrassingly thick, showing pictures where the ball is in mid air or the correct picture but with lines drawn on it that defy the laws of physics and human sanity.
not to be rude but fuck off

Patricho

Mar 15, 2013
:D do you sincerely believe you can fool me with this 2 bit argument? what was presented is pretty clear unless you are biased which you obviously are. what you describe above concerns 50 50 instances, this per the picture is not, and how do you know it's virtually impossible in real time? do you have the ref vantage point video to prove that? now what the evidence really shows is an offside situation. Ergo for the nth time, it's a definite case of offside no if's but's or maybe's

N.B: btw i didnt see your forza juve prior to the game, dont you root for us when we play CL for the good of italian football?

- - - Updated - - -

not to be rude but $#@! off
Sorry for bursting your bubble. I have tons of respect for Juve and for the majority of posters on this forum, but you definitely belong to the delusional kind. I'm done with this argument, as logic doesn't seem to be our common denominator.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Sorry for bursting your bubble. I have tons of respect for Juve and for the majority of posters on this forum, but you definitely belong to the delusional kind. I'm done with this argument, as logic doesn't seem to be our common denominator.

tons of respect for majority of posters after 25 posts? typical pandering behavior of an emotional weakling, as for "bursting my bubble" how did you do it exactly? with your mangina passive aggressive post prior to this one? or by the non existing evidence you have presented?

Patricho

Mar 15, 2013
tons of respect for majority of posters after 25 posts? typical pandering behavior of an emotional weakling, as for "bursting my bubble" how did you do it exactly? with your mangina passive aggressive post prior to this one? or by the non existing evidence you have presented?
I love Vidal! :ultra:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
It was offside, but it's foolish to blame that goal for the loss. We were destroyed and lucky to finish the game 2-0.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
people who have officiated games in the past or just read the rules properly will tell you it's an offside, there's hardly anything controversial about that. football is not science, the red kit player is surely ahead of the one in white. there's no point in excusing our teams performance, but fact is, if not for that mistake we might have a 1:0 to fight back from.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
But that screenshot still doesn't prove it was offside, since you can't make out the defender's feet.

And before you ask: I don't know if it was offside or not. (Which, if I try to be objective, would mean it's not. Benefit of the doubt for the attacking player.)

cant see what? his invisible leg? let me remind you that validity of decision is independent of ref's perspective which in this case looks dodgy at best considering there is a player walking right in front of his sight during the action in question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 160)