[Champions League] Bayern München vs JUVENTUS (April 2, 2013) (45 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
i'll take that as a compliment too. for me to be the hottest thing in the room, the heat would flow to me. like the opposite of how the outside of a refrigerator is warm. :alen:

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Im usually with you in ur viewns Lopan, but not this time.

From some time now, people have been lying to themselves and saying that "we soaked up pressure, we let them...." when clearly it is the other way round. What Linebbreak said is true and we should accept that in those games we were stripped of possesion in midfield. And if i remember correctly, we stayed in game because Vidal did a fantastic work in the marking and tackling department in those games.

Truth is...lately we have been losing on midfield encounters, and that just worrysome. Today it was exposed at its fullest.

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly, this is the truth we need to face now.

We needed an away goal soo much because we knew of what bayern was capable of. And at this stages...when teams have wonderful attackers and masters of the game..keeping clean sheets is a luxury practically. We needed to score in munich if we were defeated and fight to the death in turin....
Now..... without 2 of our pillars on the defense.... i just dont see how we will score 2 goals...or even 3 if needed....without scoring a goal....

It will be almost impossible...
I had mentioned that we at back, OR were forced to...Mr Hydde. And yes, I had misread linebreak's post. I had thought he had written that we had MORE possession in the celtic games...whereas with my own eyes I had seen us on the backfoot for most of the away tie and hardly owning the ball from start to finish at home.

Our team is not set-up to sit back and absorb pressure and we spend most of our games with the lionshare of possession, unless we play against teams who adopt a very high tempo, constant pressing on our back line. Its no secret that no matter what, we try to play the ball out of defence. Which makes things rather tricky if we are playing a team eager enough to give our back three very little time or space. For large chunks of the game, Bayern were simply waiting for us to give them the ball, marking our forwards, not worrying about marchisio who was invisible. All that was left was for someone to play it long...straight back to our opponents.

I agree with you that we are not set-up to soak up pressure and when it looks like we are doing that, its usually due to us been pinned back in our own half!

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I hope Juventus make you more proud next week and plays better, I don't think they played up to their usual today. Not proud enough to eliminate Bayern of course :). Tuz >>> any Bayern forum despite a minority of bad apples. I might just stay here longer than the CL ties. :touched: Vidal will be a huge miss but it's still far from over.
You're more than welcome here my friend!

These German dudes rule.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It could finally be Bayern's year after Chelsea douched them out last season, doing all the things that Italian teams would be lambasted for doing in the English media.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Congrats to all Bayern fans here on their well deserved victory.You people were so respectful here that just saying congrats is not enough.Tie is all but over for me atleast ,hope we go out with a win or atleast a performance where all our players give it their absolute best ,that would make me very happy.

I hope you or Dortmund win it this year.Pls i dont want any of those two Spanish fags winning it.Fuck them hard.

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
Congrats to all Bayern fans here on their well deserved victory.You people were so respectful here that just saying congrats is not enough.Tie is all but over for me atleast ,hope we go out with a win or atleast a performance where all our players give it their absolute best ,that would make me very happy.

I hope you or Dortmund win it this year.Pls i dont want any of those two Spanish fags winning it.Fuck them hard.
Agreed. Would want Bayern or Dortmund to take it. This tie isn't 100% over, but if things stay the same, I wouldn't mind seeing a german team lift the trophy in May, considering their bad run of CL finals in recent years.

Bayern deserved this win no doubt. Respectable team, stadium and fans. Hopefully the second leg has a better outcome

Bayernstar

Heritage of Kahn
Mar 16, 2013

I hope you or Dortmund win it this year.Pls i dont want any of those two Spanish fags winning it.$#@! them hard.
thanks m8, but as I said its not over yet... Juve can still win the second leg or surprise us, football is unpredictable, one early goal and everything is possible.

And I'm pretty sure Juve will fight and try everything at least giving the fans in turin a good perfomance. I really wish one of us winning this competetion, I said this also 3 weeks ago. Well cant really enjoy dortmund winning it hehe, though our main rival :evil:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
we seriously lack creativity... and Juventus will forever be a boring team to a neutral as long as we don't buy/produce another Del Piero. Simple as that.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Agreed. Would want Bayern or Dortmund to take it. This tie isn't 100% over, but if things stay the same, I wouldn't mind seeing a german team lift the trophy in May, considering their bad run of CL finals in recent years.

Bayern deserved this win no doubt. Respectable team, stadium and fans. Hopefully the second leg has a better outcome
Definitely...

just keep away that throphy as far from madrid and barcelona as posible, and ill be quite happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)