[Champions League] Bayern München vs JUVENTUS (April 2, 2013) (37 Viewers)

Mar 16, 2013
Hint: Bayern haven't been covering their posts at corners and this has lead to goals against by Arsenal and Leverkusen in the last two games. No idea why they forget about such a basic thing. Maybe that's something you could exploit. Just hide Giovinco somewhere during a corner and have him exploit that.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Hopefully Giovinco wouldn't even be starting in those games. He might come late on, in the 70'th minute or something to run at your tired defenders. I don't really see him causing you any problems; he usually causes problems for us, as fans :D

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
It's great to see such respectful and knowledgeable Bayern fans here. This matchup is one I was hoping for as I want to see Juve return to the Euro stage with a bang and that requires beating some of the best out there. Bayern is in this category obviously and they'll provide an excellent matchup for us.

I can honestly say I can see this going to penalties...

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Hint: Bayern haven't been covering their posts at corners and this has lead to goals against by Arsenal and Leverkusen in the last two games. No idea why they forget about such a basic thing. Maybe that's something you could exploit. Just hide Giovinco somewhere during a corner and have him exploit that.
We don't really have any good headers of the ball on set pieces apart from Chiellini anyways. Would be hard to take advantage of that.

Mar 16, 2013
We don't really have any good headers of the ball on set pieces apart from Chiellini anyways. Would be hard to take advantage of that.
I hadn't considered that. Bayern played Van Buyten ahead of Boateng in most matches recently just so he can get into game shape for the Arsenal games since Boateng was suspended. I suspect Boateng to be back in the regular team now. But maybe it would be good to start Van Buyten for the set pieces anyways. Too bad he's slow as a snail, although Bayern's pressing game can make up for that. You could see that in the Arsenal away game. Then again Juventus is not Arsenal.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
No. Our defense should be way better than Arsenal's :D

Barzagli will be a joy to watch if you haven't seen much of him before, dude never puts a foot wrong and has the strength of an ox combined with the speed and grace of a gazelle.

May 22, 2007
Bonucci and Pogba have scored headers. I'm aware Vidal used to be really good at it in Germany too, seems to be hovering around the edge of the penalty area now though.

reallegends

Jan 12, 2013
imo,asamoah not being in his best elements recently could prove costly for us.He occupies Lahm's wing and could have been useful exploiting the space left behind by lahm with his speed and dribbling.Peluso on the other hand can get those crosses in but lahm against him has the potential to be :sergio:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
imo,asamoah not being in his best elements recently could prove costly for us.He occupies Lahm's wing and could have been useful exploiting the space left behind by lahm with his speed and dribbling.Peluso on the other hand can get those crosses in but lahm against him has the potential to be :sergio:
No worry there as Peluso is doing good job recently so he'll probably start. There is also Chiellini on that left side if one of them makes a mistake.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Peluso has been attacking better than Asamoah to be honest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)