[Champions League] BATE Borisov - Juventus (30 September, 2008) (10 Viewers)

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Alex is really not off-form. Apparently, some people don't know the difference between being off-form and not not giving a good display.

Ale is even faster than last season from what I've noticed, he's moving a lot in the midfield and doing lot of work. The only thing he's missing is a goal.

What pisses me off, is that some kids around here thinks that If a player doesn't score then he's out of date.

You also have others whom are asking for Giovinvo to have creativity inside the field, which is a normal thing. And then they request taking off Del Piero.

Are they really looking for creativity or benching Alex? because as far as I know Alex alongside Mauro and our young Giovinvo are the only creative players we have in the whole squad. The only players whom can pass and cross properly.
No doubt, he seems much faster. I remember sometimes thinking he was Iaquinta or something. :D

Anyway, I just think he needs to clear his head for a bit and take a short break. We all know he'll come back stronger than ever, but it sucks to see him not scoring and taking the blame.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
No doubt, he seems much faster. I remember sometimes thinking he was Iaquinta or something. :D

Anyway, I just think he needs to clear his head for a bit and take a short break. We all know he'll come back stronger than ever, but it sucks to see him not scoring and taking the blame.
couldnt agree more!

nowayjose

Sep 23, 2008
Ranieri was good coaching against Serie B teams, but he can't hold his own in terms of tactical flexibility and good substitutions on the fly.

I think he is too cerebral and cannot relate to players or get them excited.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I wholeheartedly do NOT agree in saying Ranieri has nothing to do with this horrendous performance. How exactly did we look any different from the other draws we've stumbled to this season? The only answer, if any, is worse. Seriously, we never have any game plan when we take the pitch, we never have any team chemistry, we cannot handle the opposition when they take the game to us and fight for every ball... what exactly, as a team, do we do well? I honestly cannot think of anything. It's just the same story every single match. And yes, that is indeed very much Ranieri's fault, along with some of the players.

The only saving grace we have are players that step up despite the dismal team performance. Last season it was Del Piero, now this season it has been Amauri and Giovinco along with Iaquinta after today. The really sad part about watching this match was that Bate seemingly had just as talented players as we have, yet they looked far superior as a team, especially in the first half. Like I said during halftime, if we were really a good team, we wouldn't allow BATE have such a stranglehold over the proceedings by keeping the ball and shutting down their attacks. But no, instead they had a free for all in midfield which led to their goals. I bet you even if Poulsen was in there, BATE would have controlled the first half as well. I don't even want to discuss the defense; no need. Anybody objective knew this defense was only going to be satisfactory.

It will be a long season because we all know similar performances have haunt us ever since Capello took charge. And I really don't understand why Ranieri is trying to emulate that; perhaps because that's the easiest thing to do.

Manninger - Couldn't be blamed for the goals - 6

Grygera - Not confident whatsoever - 5

Legrottaglie - Average - 5.5

Chiellini - Doesn't look the same after the injury - 5.5

De Ceglie - Played well defensively but needs to improve - 6

Giovinco - Couldn't get into the game for a while because the whole team was playing terribly. But he was by far our best player out there anyway, even playing out of position - 6.5

Camoranesi - Couldn't cope shutting down his opposition and couldn't pass the ball again. Looked out of place. Second bad match running - 5.5

Sissoko - Absolutely horrible passing but he made up for it with hard work and fantastic tackles that saved our defense's life. 6

Nedved - Ugh, just useless. I love the player, but perhaps he should have hung up his boots after last season. He just isn't with it. 5

Iaquinta - Did well with the goals, saved our lives with the finishing. 7

Del Piero - Sorry Rab, but Alex was selfish today. He could have sent a through ball for Seba twice, but instead he took awkward shots. Not a good spell of form from Ale - 5.5

Knezevic - Didn't really instill confidence out there. Average player - 5

Marchisio - Looked better than Camoranesi, that's for sure - 6
Totally agree.....

todays performance was UNACCEPTABLE

we have only played well in one game this season, against Udinese, and we have played like shit in the rest

who do you blame ?? I think THE COACH is running (or should I say ruining) this team, and its his responsiblity to have these guys prepared, and playing as a team. Isnt this the entire point of preseason, and the reason that they practice daily ??

RUINeri has to go !! This almost reminds me of the 2 wasted years that the Azzurri had with DONEadoni, where it took complete failure before the FIGC replaced him

We are wasting time RIGHT NOW.....RUINeri will not win us any trophies, because he is a first rate LOSER !!!

lets cut our losses, and bring a real coach in !!!

Apr 15, 2006
our mistakes in the mercato are hurting us, how did we not reinforce our defence?

its hurting us a lot having no 1 who can create in the center of the midfield. plus i agree with the comment above about del piero,gio and amauri playing together.

we should play more like this

-------------amauri-----del piero/iaq---------
-------------------------------------------------
-------------------giovinco----------------------
-neddy---------------------------------camo-
--------------------sisso------------------------
---------------------------------------------------
-deceglie-----chiellini----legro---------grygera-

or

---------------------iaq/delps-----amauri------------
--------------------------------------------------
camo/marchionni-----------------------------neddy/gio
-------------poulsen/marchisio--sisso/zanetti--------------
--------------------------------------------------
--grygera---------------------------------------sali---
----------------legro/mellberg---chiellini------------
--------------------
i would rather play 2 DM's, 2 Wingers, 1 AMF and a striker! that way our defence will be more secure, and we will have more options for providing our lone striker some service. a 4-2-3-1 would be great!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Come on, just because people say he's off form doesn't mean he's taking the blame for this result.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)