[Champions League] BATE Borisov - Juventus (30 September, 2008) (10 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Everything's true.

But we've seen another thing that people decided to ignore:
Since the idiots didn't want to buy defenders, playing with 2 DMC's is a must. I know you don't like such formation, but it's painfully obvious that whenever the other team has 4 or 5 midfielders, we're getting destroyed if we don't play with 2 DMCs.
We'll score less, but we certainly won't concede goals from teams like BATE.
Sadly, I agree. Too bad we can't find any chemistry as a team even in spite of having two DM's.

thats why i dont get why anyone here would rate our transfer campaign satisfactory
I never got that either.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I agree. Next game vs Real we're playing at home. I think we can win IF we start on the right track in Serie A starting from Palermo.
Real will play really relaxed on that match. They have 6pts more than Zenit, 2 pts more than us and they will have 2 home matches against the main rivals following after the Juve-Real match.
They'll play without any pressure whatsoever.
Still, they certainly won't underestimate us and that makes them a very tough opponent.

I won't be surprised if both Schuster and Ranieri play for a draw. It's not a must win for neither of them and both of them will be affraid to take a risk and lose eventually.
There is a saying " John fears the animal and the animal fears John". We may easily see such match where no-one will dare to take a risk.

But i also won't be surprised if Real push for the win. If they beat us they'll win the group and they can save their strenght for La Liga.

Tricky match.

Nov 1, 2002
And IMO, Del Piero is out off form. At least compared to last season.
del piero was the best and if he scored the chances that (HE) created for himself ull say something alot different than what you said

if you just put another creative player beside him he can do alot better
he was dragging the defenders to look for someone who can play with him but it never worked they always lose the ball easily so then he tryed to create chances by himself

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
del piero was the best and if he scored the chances that (HE) created for himself ull say something alot different than what you said

if you just put another creative player beside him he can do alot better
he was dragging the defenders to look for someone who can play with him but it never worked they always lose the ball easily so then he tryed to create chances by himself
Del Piero was the best in this match? Come on.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
maybe, but I agree with cronos we need to get things into perspective, get ourselves a game plan, it's been like watching a Sunday pub league game with us for the last few weeks, and for heavens sake we need some defenders in jan otherwise I'm gonna freak out, it's just too easy for teams to overrun our midfield then terrorize our defense for 90 mins.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
and once again.. just what azzurri7 jsut said.. he's not OFF FORM!

just look back in past.. remind yourself how low ale was.. he had some teriblle matches.. and he was bit lucky to score that much..

this year he can run, not just run.. but run fast!!! this year i couldn't see any defender who could take ball of him.. 1 on 1.

ale wil score and he will turn an hero again.. tha't life, that's people..

and yeah.. when it comes to being selfish.. just look at ronaldo, ibrahimovich usless movements first..

azzurri7 :up:
IMO, Del Piero should have passed the ball off much more. I remember at least three times where he decided to dribble/shoot where a player was wide open. Even Del Piero can't shoot a ball through three defenders standing in front of him.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Here's my match report...

A wise Vietnamese hooker once said, "You like suckee suckee?"

The answer is "No. I would have preferred to have defeated BATE."

:lazy:

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
I think I lost 10 years of my life after the three draws in a row against Catania,Sampdoria&BATE.That was simply too much for me to handle.Now after I'm pretty calm again I'd like to note a few things.

The first thing I was wondering is how can a coach line-up a 36-year-old out of form player 2 times in a row in the space of 4 days?Nedved played two full games over 90+x minutes and we wonder why he looks so weak?The guy certainly still got the heart and is a fighter,but come on he is past it.
Giovinco should finally take over his position.Once again Seba showed his huge talent by assisting two goals without even shining too much overall.Yet he was crucial for avoiding a humiliation.That already was his 3rd assist in ~2 matches.

Another uncleared issue is the way the team plays.It began against Catania,the players don't look hungry anymore.But what's the reason?Do they lack motivation?I don't think so.Why wouldn't you be motivated playing in the Champions Leauge(no matter who your opponent is)?Is it a matter of fitness?It shouldn't be in a professional football club.

Player ratings:

Manninger -Was doing ok,still I can't wait till Gigi is back.

Grygera -Was good defensively,and was stuck in defence because Giovinco isn't made for helping defensively.

Knezevic - Didn't look too confident but what do you expect from a guy who comes off the bench and makes his CL debut.Overall a good back-up though.

Chiellini - His 2nd game in a row where he doesn't look too good.I hope he regains his form before the injury.Boumsong's secret twin today.

De Ceglie- Very safe with the ball on his feet and great going forward.Leaves too much space defensively at times.He needs to work on that.Other than that we have a great LB.

Giovinco- 2 assists>Great CL-Debut.Keep it up.

Sissoko- Same as Chiellini:Doesn't look too good the last 2-3 games.He might be tired?Sloppy passes,at the end good tackles though.

Camoranesi- He definitely needs a rest.

Nedved- I love "La Furia Ceka" but come on,next time please refuse to start when Ranieri says so,Pavel.Giovinco's replacement,not the other way around.

Del Piero- Sorry to say that but he really pissed me off today several times.Ever since he scored the freekick against Zenit he blows freekick after freekick to the stands,no matter how far he is away from goal:18m,24m,40m,48 metres.He is too selfish lately and tries all on his own.Anyway,to any hater who says he should go to L.A Galaxy:Kindly,Fuck Off!He'll come back&that's a sure bet.

Iaquinta- The light at the end of the tunnel.Good game and one of the few with passion.

______

Marchisio- Better than Camoranesi,good interceptions and tried to make the game faster.Ok.

Amauri- Dangerous when he came in,good cross to Pavel at the end.

Fuck,I almost pulled a Cronios with this post:shocked:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
our mistakes in the mercato are hurting us, how did we not reinforce our defence?

its hurting us a lot having no 1 who can create in the center of the midfield. plus i agree with the comment above about del piero,gio and amauri playing together.

we should play more like this

-------------amauri-----del piero/iaq---------
-------------------------------------------------
-------------------giovinco----------------------
-neddy---------------------------------camo-
--------------------sisso------------------------
---------------------------------------------------
-deceglie-----chiellini----legro---------grygera-

or

---------------------iaq/delps-----amauri------------
--------------------------------------------------
camo/marchionni-----------------------------neddy/gio
-------------poulsen/marchisio--sisso/zanetti--------------
--------------------------------------------------
--grygera---------------------------------------sali---
----------------legro/mellberg---chiellini------------
--------------------

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)