Champions League 2023-24 (10 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
HOW do they do it?!

When MU beat Bayern in the 1999 final it was talked about for years. Real does that every year and no one is even surprised anymore.

Real is the closest thing Ive seen to a supernatural phenomenon.

How?
insane mentality is instrumental

and there's those dozens of tiny episodes that somehow go their way, like this one

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
HOW do they do it?!

When MU beat Bayern in the 1999 final it was talked about for years. Real does that every year and no one is even surprised anymore.

How?
Most clutch team in sports history managed by most clutch manager in CL history is how

Sadly, they'll probably win 5 of the next 10 CL's as well.

Real Madrid are single-handedly obliterating the riches and popularity of the EPL despite playing in a less popular league.

If only Italians had this foresight and vision..

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Most clutch team in sports history managed by most clutch manager in CL history is how

Sadly, they'll probably win 5 of the next 10 CL's as well.

Real Madrid are single-handedly obliterating the riches and popularity of the EPL despite playing in a less popular league.

If only Italians had this foresight and vision..
Dude I realized it is not about individuals. Whatever the opposite of 'cursed' is, Real is that.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Dude I realized it is not about individuals. Whatever the opposite of 'cursed' is, Real is that.
Real had not won a CL in 32 years prior to the '98 final. That's an insane drought for the most successful club in CL history. It's like JJ not winning a scudetto for 20 years.

It's a combination of having an amazing management led by an all-time great president, clutch players, clutch manager and club culture.

The last part is the most important thing. Not everyone coming into this club is destined to succeed. Let's give Carlo some credit as well.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
HOW do they do it?!

How?
The same way that when we are good in serie a we find a way.

The team is so supremely confident that they will find a way that they eventually do. They don't rush. They don't feel the absolute panic and frustration. They just find a a way. The complete opposite of us.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Real Madrid as a club is a cheat code. If Ramos hadn't scored that header in extra time in the 2014 final, things might have looked completely different.

They're turning CL into BL 2013-2023 or Serie A 2012-2020. It's great for them, but it's also becoming very boring and repetetive for anyone else.

With that said, you also gotta respect it. As I said, it's deserved enough from Yesterdays game they went through to the final, but the fashion is honestly very hard to accept. Neuer played a brilliant game and was the reason we were not behind 3-0, but he was also the reason they got their first goal. You should never give them a little finger as they take the whole hand, we've seen it time and time again.

Real Madrid are so different from other clubs in the sense they don't need to play well to pull through, 2022 is a perfect example of this. From what I remember, they were inferior to all the teams in the KO stages, but found a way. And the final against Liverpool was powerplay towards their goal, Courtois made Salah and Mane frustrated as hell.

Maybe we should just start to give them the trophy when the new season starts, that way we can all safe ourselves the heartbreakes lol.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Real Madrid as a club is a cheat code. If Ramos hadn't scored that header in extra time in the 2014 final, things might have looked completely different.

They're turning CL into BL 2013-2023 or Serie A 2012-2020. It's great for them, but it's also becoming very boring and repetetive for anyone else.

With that said, you also gotta respect it. As I said, it's deserved enough from Yesterdays game they went through to the final, but the fashion is honestly very hard to accept. Neuer played a brilliant game and was the reason we were not behind 3-0, but he was also the reason they got their first goal. You should never give them a little finger as they take the whole hand, we've seen it time and time again.

Real Madrid are so different from other clubs in the sense they don't need to play well to pull through, 2022 is a perfect example of this. From what I remember, they were inferior to all the teams in the KO stages, but found a way. And the final against Liverpool was powerplay towards their goal, Courtois made Salah and Mane frustrated as hell.

Maybe we should just start to give them the trophy when the new season starts, that way we can all safe ourselves the heartbreakes lol.
How many Real Madrid Bayern Munich matches have been affected by referee decisions?

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
How many Real Madrid Bayern Munich matches have been affected by referee decisions?
It goes both ways. In 2017 we were awarded a penalty that wasn't there, (the one Vidal blasted over). Müller was also offside in the return leg from what I remember. Then you had the two offside goals from Ronaldo in the match.

2018 there was a Marcelo hand ball in the box that wasn't called. But 2018 was bitter for so many other reasons. We were so much better than them from start to finish, but we couldn't hit water even if we were on the ocean.

The one yesterday with De Ligt might have been a referee mistake, I don't know. And even if it is, it ain't gonna be changed. This is also on Tuchel for doing substitutions he sholdn't have done.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Another thing that just hit me: Mbappe have wasted so many good years in PSG and got nothing to show for it, other than his wallet.

But he could've earned huge loads of money in Real Madrid too and also won a couple of CL titles on the way.

Something tells me they'll regress a little after Carlo, Modric, Kroos and Nacho are gone in 1-2 years max. Carvajal is also not getting any younger.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Another thing that just hit me: Mbappe have wasted so many good years in PSG and got nothing to show for it, other than his wallet.

But he could've earned huge loads of money in Real Madrid too and also won a couple of CL titles on the way.

Something tells me they'll regress a little after Carlo, Modric, Kroos and Nacho are gone in 1-2 years max. Carvajal is also not getting any younger.
Biggest issue for them would be is to get Vinicius and Mbappe clicking together as a combination. Both like to cut in from the left.

Mbappe as a CF at PSG was a failed experiment so it would be interesting to see how this develops.

For what it's worth, Vinicius is way more of a clutch player at club level than Mbappe is right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Even with all their experienced champions leaving in a couple of years, I think they should be fine given that they're hoarding all the best young talent in every position and they'll probably hire the best upcoming coach in Europe as well once Carlo is gone.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Biggest issue for them would be is to get Vinicius and Mbappe clicking together as a combination. Both like to cut in from the left.

Mbappe as a CF at PSG was a failed experiment so it would be interesting to see how this develops.

For what it's worth, Vinicius is way more of a clutch player at club level than Mbappe is right now.
Yeah, if Vinicius keep going at this pace he will surpass Mbappe, no doubt about it.

Mbappe needs to be more clutch in the decisive momemts, maybe him wearing the Real Madrid shirt means it comes naturally.

But as said, Mbappe have wasted too many good years in France. He should've gone to Real long ago. Even if they are clutch and has an insane mentality, no one knows if they can keep this up when the old guard is gone. Kroos, Modric, Nacho, Carvajal and Carlo are the corner stones. The likes of Vinicius, Rodrygo, Camavinga etc might be able to carry on, but I just find it hard to imagine they'll be just as clutch in the near future without those players.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

I think everything started with our chokejob in the 98 final. Real Madrid era began and continues to this day

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I think everything started with our chokejob in the 98 final. Real Madrid era began and continues to this day
Try to watch some of their finals and see how much of a knife edge it was. 1998, 2002, 2014, 2016, 2018 and 2022 especially.

Most other teams would've lost 2014 and 2022. How they won against Liverpool in 2022 was one of the biggest robberies of the century, that CL campaign as a whole was a robbery. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Even with all their experienced champions leaving in a couple of years, I think they should be fine given that they're hoarding all the best young talent in every position and they'll probably hire the best upcoming coach in Europe as well once Carlo is gone.

Scary thing is if they manage to get Xabi Alonso in 1-2 years, if so, yeah they might continue their dominance. He really is the next big thing.

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Try to watch some of their finals and see how much of a knife edge it was. 1998, 2002, 2014, 2016, 2018 and 2022 especially.

Most other teams would've lost 2014 and 2022. How they won against Liverpool in 2022 was one of the biggest robberies of the century, that CL campaign as a whole was a robbery. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Scary thing is if they manage to get Xabi Alonso in 1-2 years, if so, yeah they might continue their dominance. He really is the next big thing.
Manage? They will get him 100%.

mjromeo81

Aug 29, 2022
Real Madrid aren't scared to say they’re favorites for titles. 2nd leg of a UCL semifinal against Bayern and they have “a por la 15” (All out for number 15) shirts ready to go. This is winning mentality. For them, they believe it is their destiny to win the Champions League. None of this cuck mentality bullshit. I hope our manglement team were watching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)