Champions League 2023-24 (7 Viewers)

Juve-Fan-Iraq

Oct 7, 2023
The only thing UEFA have gotten right recently is getting rid of the away goals rule.

Its absolutely made teams more willing to attack more, the games have been much more entertaining and less predictable too imo. I’ll give these corrupt fucks credit where credit is due.
It's interesting because I've recently heard that some people want away goals back which I find stupid. I definitely think this has been the best version of the Champions League by far because recently I felt like the competition was boring and I didn't care for them oddly enough.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
We’re really not.

Look how atrocious we were in Europe from 2009-2011 and then by the 2014 we were making semi-finals in European competitions again

Even domestically, we came through two 7th place finishes playing turgid football. And all it took was a new coach and two transfer windows to win Serie A again.
yeah look at Inter and Milan. They were both deep into their banter eras not too long ago, but have both won the league and reached the CL semis.

Apr 9, 2015
yeah look at Inter and Milan. They were both deep into their banter eras not too long ago, but have both won the league and reached the CL semis.
Which team was your favorite?

Inter 2014-15
Serie A placement: 8

Icardi - Palacio
Nagatomo - Kovacic - Hernanes - Jonathan
Cambiasso
Rolando - Samuel - Ranocchia
Handanovic
Bench: Campagnaro, Santon, Dodo, D'Ambrosio, Kuzmanovic, Guarin, Medel, M'Vila, Podolski.

Milan 2014-15
Serie A placement: 10

Cerci - Menez
Honda
Montolivo - De Jong - Bonaventura
De Sciglio - Mexes - Paletta - Abate
Diego Lopez
Bench: Rami, Muntari, Poli, Pazzini, Van Ginkel, Taarabt, El Shaarawy.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Which team was your favorite?

Inter 2014-15
Serie A placement: 8

Icardi - Palacio
Nagatomo - Kovacic - Hernanes - Jonathan
Cambiasso
Rolando - Samuel - Ranocchia
Handanovic
Bench: Campagnaro, Santon, Dodo, D'Ambrosio, Kuzmanovic, Guarin, Medel, M'Vila, Podolski.

Milan 2014-15
Serie A placement: 10

Cerci - Menez
Honda
Montolivo - De Jong - Bonaventura
De Sciglio - Mexes - Paletta - Abate
Diego Lopez
Bench: Rami, Muntari, Poli, Pazzini, Van Ginkel, Taarabt, El Shaarawy.

Wow that Milan lineup is god awful. At least Inter has some decent players in there.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Well the way I see it we'll be losing Rabiot and maybe McKennie leaving us with Locatelli, Miretti and Fagioli as our only Midfielders so we'll need to invest in quality in that department without any money.

We also need wingbacks, wingers, a Striker to replace Milk and Kean and both of them won't fetch a decent sum.

We only bounced back last time because we had lightning in a bottle were everything came together perfectly with Conte, the new Stadium and Beppe bringing in Barzgli, Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo and Pogba for literally peanuts.

Doubt that happens twice unless Giuntoli truly is a master at building squads on a budget but as I said that'll take years to achieve.

Too much work needs done with this team IMO

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Well the way I see it we'll be losing Rabiot and maybe McKennie leaving us with Locatelli, Miretti and Fagioli as our only Midfielders so we'll need to invest in quality in that department without any money.

We also need wingbacks, wingers, a Striker to replace Milk and Kean and both of them won't fetch a decent sum.

We only bounced back last time because we had lightning in a bottle were everything came together perfectly with Conte, the new Stadium and Beppe bringing in Barzgli, Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo and Pogba for literally peanuts.

Doubt that happens twice unless Giuntoli truly is a master at building squads on a budget but as I said that'll take years to achieve.

It is unlikely because we don’t have a Marotta or a Conte figure to do it.
But if we were to find another version of both, we could easily close the gap over a season or two. What do you think Inter and Milan did recently? All it took was for them to hire decent managers and get competent management in place and they went from coming 7th-8th in Serie A to winning the league and making semi-finals/finals of European competition.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

This is the why the next coach we hire would the be the most important decision in the next 5 years.

The next coach hopefully should set the foundation for our way back to the top.

We wasted three years with Allegro hoping he would build something or add some stability to the team but he's probably going to leave us in a worse state than when he joined us in 2021.

I want to know how much that Leverkusen squad costs. I'm willing to bet they've spent way less than us. Would they get anywhere near competing for the title if it wasn't for Xabi Alonso? I don't think so.

Kudos to Leverkusen management as well for taking a chance on him.

I'm hoping for the Giuntoli-Motta era to be a successful one.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
This is the why the next coach we hire would the be the most important decision in the next 5 years.

The next coach hopefully should set the foundation for our way back to the top.

We wasted three years with Allegro hoping he would build something or add some stability to the team but he's probably going to leave us in a worse state than when he joined us in 2021.

I want to know how much that Leverkusen squad costs. I'm willing to bet they've spent way less than us. Would they get anywhere near competing for the title if it wasn't for Xabi Alonso? I don't think so.

Kudos to Leverkusen management as well for taking a chance on him.

I'm hoping for the Giuntoli-Motta era to be a successful one.
I even said last summer about how the fuck did we let Grimaldo slip and join Leverkusen for free. Truth be told I've enjoyed watching Leverkusen this season and I've watched them more than any other team than Juve this season because of it, it certainly evens out the shit ive had to endure with Juve this season.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Was that Max strategy MC started with thinking that they could play to a scoreless tie? And they get burnt with Walker not stopping the cross. Now they wake up.

- - - Updated - - -

MC finally starts playing and controls the rest of the half. So MC ads with 61-39% poss, 9-0 corners and 17-2 cross attempts. Maybe playing to win from the start, getting first goal and no urgent need to have to score.

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Fucking Doku, knew he would make the difference as soon as he came on.

Just direct and penetrative player. Runs straight at you relentlessly. Grealish he subbed for can dribble but just dwells on ball way too long, slow down play, easy for defence to adapt to.

- - - Updated - - -

Grealish and Foden sure are overrated as f

Foden is not at all, great player this season. Has plenty of end product, 22 goals this season and dozens of assists.

But he is a central AM, creative playmaker, ala Bernardo or De Bruyne, player that roams the central attacking channels looking for holes to score on or to create plays.

Real Madrid congested the middle alot so less space to use.

It's the wings that needs to do alot more work in games like this, more space to do damage 1v1 there. But Grealish despite being high level dribbler just slows down play and has almost no end product to speak of. Can't even call him overrated because I don't think many rate him too much.

City miss a Mahrez type in games like these.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)